PDA

View Full Version : Belly button piercing?

Marvina Martian
12-18-2007, 01:23 AM
How many of you have belly button piercings?

My wife has one and I just love it. It looks so great that I want one too!

Just think of all the dangles and different rings that you could have, all the while hiding it away in your drab clothing! ;)

I may get this done after the laser is done! :D

Stormgirl
12-18-2007, 02:24 AM
I've always had aspirations to have the procedure done but I chicken out.

androgyne
12-18-2007, 09:36 AM
I had my naval pierced two years ago and recommend that it be done professionally. It takes a long time to heal, in my case almost a year, but I had no problems with rejection. It is now an erogenous zone that is very sensitive to touch and licking. I luv it.

Erica Lauren James
12-18-2007, 09:49 AM
I got mine done 3 and a half months ago. The same time I had both of my ears pierced. The girl that did them was surprised I was doing all 3 at the same time.

I absolutely love it!!! Oh no, another way/place to spend money on. In just 3 short months I have well over 25 belly rings.

The first time I changed it, it hurt like h--l and took me almost an hour. Now I'm down to under a minute.

But the ones that dangle are just so sexy!!

Kiera

MJ
12-18-2007, 10:11 AM
had mine done for 1 year now and I absolutely LOVE it!!
it took some time to heal but now no problems changing it ..

Wendi0012
12-18-2007, 11:26 AM
I got mine done a couple of years ago whille in florida. just love it and wish that I had done it sooner. Never had any one say anything about it this day in age everybody has something either a piercing or tattoo annd people either don'y notice or really don't care just go with iit. You'll truly find that it's the most wonderful piece of jewely you will ever own. Good luck and keep us informed.

Love Always,

rachellegsep
12-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Had one but it rejected :sad: Probably the irritation from riding a motor bike on a daily basis. Still have pierced ears, nipples (wow what an increase in sensativity and its now a major erogenous zone) and finally a present that the missus enjoys , a double apadravya (check BME if you want to know what that is - hint can bring tears to your eyes) :eek:. All except the ears were self done with training and materials from a body piercing / tatooist friend.

Eugenie
12-18-2007, 06:12 PM
I can understand that some other sisters may want various forms of piercings, but is is definitely not one thing that I want to do...

It has no appeal to me... Actually I don't like to see it on other women. So why do it on myself... :heehee:

:hugs:
Eugenie

SummerSummer
12-18-2007, 09:36 PM
I'll have had mine for 6 months on 12/23 - love it! Taking my piercer's advice and waiting 6-9 months before changing the jewelry.

Funny thing, when I had it done, I was very sensitive & ticklish there, and hurt like heck!! But now it's less sensitive, strange.

Go for it, and have it done professionally. Personally, I'd check the Association of Professional Piercers (http://www.safepiercing.org/ site for a registered piercer in your area - I've had great luck there!

tamarav
12-18-2007, 09:44 PM
58611I had my naval pierced top and bottom three years ago and had the top piercing grow out about a year later. Now I have both and both are healed./ I wear a reverse ing in the top hole and a dangle in the bottom. Sorry about the picture, the top jewel swung over to the side but you get the idea. Love it.

I have an entire section on my web site about the procedure and the healing process.

Tami

DAVIDA
12-18-2007, 10:03 PM
No..........my belly button is so deep!

HOW DEEP IS IT!

It would end up being a drilling rather than a piercing!

Patty
12-18-2007, 11:10 PM
I luv bell jewelry-had mine done but had to take it out for a minor operation before it healed. Did not get it back in correctly and the skin tore. Want to have it done again.

shauna 9
12-20-2007, 09:01 AM
I got mine done a couple of years ago,

androgyne
12-20-2007, 11:01 AM

HOW DEEP IS IT!

They have different gauge jewelry and places where they pierce to adjust for different body types, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

I've included a pic of my naval piercing when it was first done (awhile back). As you can see, it looks very clean with virtually no swelling or inflamation. Having a professional do it makes all the difference in the world :)

Genifer Teal
12-24-2007, 01:37 AM
I may get this done after the laser is done! :D

Just noticed this part of your post. belly piercings take up to a year or more to heal. It may be at least 6 month before you can remove and change the piercing. When you get laser on your chest and stomache, you will have to remove the piercing to get the closest areas to teh belly button hit with the laser. This may not be an option if it has not healed enough to be removed.

Keep this in mind and plan your timming of these 2 wonderful proceedures. Also not that swimming is not reccomended until it has fully healed. Now is actually a good time for the belly piercing to heal before summer.

Gen

dani22
01-25-2008, 04:32 PM
I have a silver ring through my belly. For me dressing up wouldnt be complete without my piercings. I have my left ear pierced 7 times 5 on the lobe and 2 up the top, my right ear is pierced 3 times in the lobe, i have my nose pierced tongue and labret.

DeniseK
01-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Ive been thinking about having it done for about a year. You girls just gave me the push I needed. Maybe Ill go over the weekend.

Nancy Richards
01-25-2008, 05:42 PM
I had mine done about three years ago. It was a total surprise to my wife, daughter, and doctor. No comment from the first two, but OH! The doctor was I see we are expanded the things that we are trying. Never regreted get done.

Nancy

HalloweenDragon
01-25-2008, 07:55 PM
I want one really bad, with a cute tattoo. I'm waiting to trim up for the summer and then I'm going to do it! I think they are hot!!! I have my nipples and lip pierced at the moment.

Marvina Martian
01-26-2008, 02:03 AM
I did mine a few weeks back now and absolutely love it! ;)

You are very right on taking care of it though. If you don't even for a day or tow it can go south very quickly. Luckily I have had great luck with mine so far...:D

Andine
01-26-2008, 02:29 AM
I had a buggered right hip for a few years, and towards the end i had a fair bit of pain. I still rode the bike, but I couldn't walk in the end. To distract me from the pain I did a peircing of both my nipples, on a 45 deg angle.
Now that my hip has been repaired I still have the nipples done and people ask me why I did it ... only a few understand.

I too intend to do the navel ... I will do a transverse one with a glass bead in the navel itself.

Raquel June
01-26-2008, 03:10 AM
I think belly button piercings are pretty nasty unless you've got a really good stomach, and in guy mode it really screams "weirdo" to anyone who sees it.

If you've got a good enough stomach to get your belly button pierced, you'll probably also want to take your shirt off now and then (at least in the summer) in guy mode, and there's nothing masculine about a pierced belly button.

A lot of guys get both their ears pieced. A lot of of guys that are in good shape shave their chest. In certain circles, a lot of guys get their nipples pierced. A lot of aspiring bodybuilders and some athletes shave their legs. But the number of guys who pierce their belly buttons are pretty low outside of the gender-bender community, and you really can't take it out for very long at all until it's totally healed, so at some point you're either going to be wearing a t-shirt at the beach and look like a total dork, or you're going to take off your shirt and announce to everybody that you have gender issues.

The only way to make it look normal in guy mode is if you have it kinda gauged out and have many other obvious piercings to compensate it.

Dalece
01-26-2008, 03:12 AM

HOW DEEP IS IT!

Mine you would need a railroad spike just to maybe clear.

Annie D
01-26-2008, 08:21 AM
I love my belly button pierced. I got mine done about 5 years ago and had it for about 6 months. Everything was going great and I decided to ride my motorcycle from Dallas to Phoenix to visit my parents. You guessed it! The ride there and back took its toll with my jeans rubbing the belly button that I lost it. I have had two more piercings over the years and have rejected them both. I have even tried plastic bars.

Funny your question came up today as Thursday night I went to my local tattoo/piercing studio to inquire about having it done again and was told that I would probably reject it again. When you reject one, the metal slowly starts to move from its intended spot toward the surface of the skin. No infection, no pain, just works itself out.

I envy all of you girls who have one, I wish I could have mine done again. Belly button jewelry is so hot!

Chrissy8888
01-26-2008, 03:12 PM
I think belly button piercings are pretty nasty unless you've got a really good stomach, and in guy mode it really screams "weirdo" to anyone who sees it.

If you've got a good enough stomach to get your belly button pierced, you'll probably also want to take your shirt off now and then (at least in the summer) in guy mode, and there's nothing masculine about a pierced belly button.

A lot of guys get both their ears pieced. A lot of of guys that are in good shape shave their chest. In certain circles, a lot of guys get their nipples pierced. A lot of aspiring bodybuilders and some athletes shave their legs. But the number of guys who pierce their belly buttons are pretty low outside of the gender-bender community, and you really can't take it out for very long at all until it's totally healed, so at some point you're either going to be wearing a t-shirt at the beach and look like a total dork, or you're going to take off your shirt and announce to everybody that you have gender issues.

The only way to make it look normal in guy mode is if you have it kinda gauged out and have many other obvious piercings to compensate it.

I will agree with this post about looking like a weirdo or having gender issues. However each person has to do what is right for them.

I work in a pretty manly occupation and change in a locker room each day and yet I am thinking of having my belly button pierced. I don't take my t-shirt off so I will be fine. Plus I really don't care anymore. I am I. To each is own.

Bernadina
01-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Got mine done about 2 years ago. Had a 10 gauge curved barbell put in. It looks and feels good. It did take a long time to heal because I kept doing things which kept bumping it all the time.

The big problem I have is finding nice 10 gauge navel jewelry.

The 14 gauge jewelry that is commonly found is too thin and I would not recommend anyone get a 14 gauge piercing. 14 gauge is too easy to tear or grow out.

Cookiecrumb GG
01-27-2008, 12:41 PM
my bf has his bellybutton pierced, I absolutely love it.

He has lovely girlie jewellery for girl time, but also some cool ones for boy time. For example he has a Superman one, a khaki green one with a brown arrow on it, a Misfits one (he's a total rocker!) and a blue zip shaped one.

So if you look around you will find nice ones suitable for both sides of your taste.

Valeries_Online
01-27-2008, 12:50 PM
I've thought about getting my nipples pierced. I would love to other than the concealment issue and my line of work they could potentially get caught in certain situations. The belly one would be worse for me. I don't see myself ever getting one.

fay
03-05-2008, 06:31 PM
For the moment I'm content with some fake clip-on navel jewellery - it's not quite the same thing but compared with a long healing time and the prospect of trying to conceal a piercing like that it's the only viable alternative.

I got mine from Jobananas (http://www.jobananas.com/silver-fake-belly-rings-c-269.html) and they do gold and silver dangly and solid types too. :)

crossdresscd
03-25-2008, 07:57 PM
i had two done two years ago. and also both nipple pierced.

justsearching
03-26-2008, 02:25 AM
I want mine done so bad! My friend has his done twice!! and everyone loves it even his girlfriend!

suspender
03-26-2008, 04:32 AM
I dont know what all the fuss is all about. I have had mine done for about two years, and yes I was a tad nervy about getting it done to start with but got over that quickly and it healed in about five to six months without any problems. Ive got about twenty pieces of naval jewelery, fifteen are fem and the other five manly. The SO likes the piercing, but not too fond of the fem dangly items. Friends and family have seen the normal studs and havent battered an eye lid. I swim at the local indoor pool twice a week and shower in the change rooms like everyone else, even with other stand out indicators that I am a CD. Only one person has ever commented on the belly button enhancement, and that was a question. The question was: did that hurt and how much did it cost?! If you like it enough, my advice is get it done. If you dont like it take it out and let it heal up - i personally dont give a toss about what other people think.

Tamara Croft
03-26-2008, 07:15 AM
I think belly button piercings are pretty nasty unless you've got a really good stomach, and in guy mode it really screams "weirdo" to anyone who sees it. I disagree, I don't have a perfect stomach and I had mine pierced 10 years ago!!! As for it screaming weirdo... w/e does so not, I think it looks pretty sexy on men... more of them should have it done!

If you've got a good enough stomach to get your belly button pierced, you'll probably also want to take your shirt off now and then (at least in the summer) in guy mode, and there's nothing masculine about a pierced belly button.And again... where do you get this from? Are you trying to say belly button piercing is a woman thing? if so, that's sexist :slap: Plenty of males have this done now, it's no different to having ears pierced.

Paula1950
03-26-2008, 11:18 PM
I had mine done years ago and I love it.

daniisummers
03-27-2008, 12:16 AM
I got my belly button pierced september 2001, the day before 9/11

its got a blue gem in the bottom and a blue gem on the top part.

them i got my nipples peirced, and then I even got a nose stud!

finally after that i got my ears peirced.

I find that my piercings signify my feminine side.

I'm intending to get my tounge done too, mainly because women do it for various reasons.

whatever the ladies do, i follow