PDA

View Full Version : ? for the F to M's

janelle
12-18-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi Guys,
This little girl has a thought that no one around me can answer so I come to you's.
Seeing you use to be ......., what are your thoughts on seeing us wanting to use make up, do our hair, & nails, you know all the girlly things I am sure you hated?
As for me I can see why you may wish to change to the male role, their are many advantages if that is who you are, but it can be hell if you are just playing the role or trying to impress someone. Some of your outwordness maybe easier than it is for me but either way we both have a hell to go thru. I for one say a good job by you all to come along as well as you have. Like me, be true to yourself & I believe the rest will fall into place.

So again please give me your insight on how you see M to F doing things?
Thanks guys,
Hugs for you all,
Janelle

ZenFrost
12-18-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm not 100% sure on what you're asking. Are you wanting to know what we think about MtFs?

Personally, I think MtFs are in basically the same boat as me (the GenderQuest!) but on the opposite side of things. I've never had any real desire to wear makeup but I don't mind if anyone else does. I can see why MtFs would love all the girly things I hate. We've just got the opposite desires on the same issues (binders vs. breast forms, etc.). And we do a lot of the same things, just differently. One example would be that MtFs style/cut their hair to look feminine, and FtMs style/cut our hair to look masculine. We're all just doing our hair to look like the gender we weren't born into. Just because I'm not into makeup or nail polish doesn't mean I don't get why someone else would be. So I guess the way I see MtFs doing things would be that they're into what I'm not, but our reasons are pretty similar much of the time.

CaptLex
12-19-2007, 12:36 AM
Seeing you use to be ......., what are your thoughts on seeing us wanting to use make up, do our hair, & nails, you know all the girlly things I am sure you hated?
I have no problem with anyone wearing makeup, getting their nails done, hair styled, etc. - this includes, genetic women, transwomen, crossdressers, genetic men or even transmen (yes, some genetic men and transmen sometimes wear makeup :shh: ;)). I'm all for anyone doing whatever makes them happy. I don't judge anyone as long as what they do doesn't hurt someone else. Enjoy! :happy:

John
12-19-2007, 04:18 AM
I never actually hated all that stuff, it just wasn't really my thing, though I can understand the atraction. (I still keep black nailpolish around for special ocasions).

So... my thoughts... go for it.

Kieron Andrew
12-19-2007, 04:30 AM
i DID and still do hate all that stuff, wore make up only ever once in my lifetime (and never again) only cos my mother made my life hell...that was for my school prom....(no there are NO pics guys), im one of those masculine guys that thinks make is for girls not boys, by that i include MtFs too because i see them soley as the girls they are trying to portray, whether that be CDing for a short while or transitioning all the way...

The MtFs are doing what we are doing in reverse trying to create a package on the outside that will be seen as female, using make up and wigs, false nails and such.....its just a natural thing for them to want to do for their female side and there is nothing wrong with that at all, it does make me giggle a bit sometimes because i see some acting like children wanting to 'play with make up and dressing up'....please dont take offence to this, sometimes its just cute....i guess something they missed as children

janelle
12-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks for your responses gentlemen. I was just asking as a fellow co worker(F.A.B.) was asking how I could stand wearing nail polish, shadow(lightly) & mascara to work. She then stated most girls(gg) hate wearing things like that to work but I feel like I am only half dressed.
It also kind of ties in with the thread are we insulting to gg's because we do dress, make up, & all.
Again thank you for taking time to tell me your views. You guys are great & I wish you all the best on your endeavor. May your trip & life be a blessing to you & who ever you share it with.
You all have a Merry Christmas,
Hugs,
Janelle