PDA

View Full Version : Short update...

Katie Ashe
12-19-2007, 09:28 AM
... on a new life. Now that I'm Leagally Katie now, I decided to start a new chapter in my life. I'll start with Friday Dec 14th, I DJ'ed a school dance and it went 80% perfect, Sunday I had my name change party, dispite having no family except my brother and one other show up, I made a new friend, her name is Sara. We had, cheese/crackers and lots of candy, I got a Tinkerbell cake from Big-Y, we played board games all night, and had killed a party size pizza. Yesterday, I bought a can of mace, and a 12 gage shotgun.

Side note: Someone tried to kick in my front door last week and threaten to kill us, needless to say she is wanted by the police (they can't find her???) for multiple vandilizm and threat to do bodily harm to customers at businesses. And we live in the good party of town... this is not the first time on this street. Society is so :notworthy: of having us!

Anyways, over the last two weeks, since the judge signed my form, I feel like a different person. That day I decided to move on, being tired of all the anger and hate built up, the frustration with those whom challenge us everyday. I'm living my new life my way on my terms.

MJ
12-19-2007, 10:06 AM
congratulations to you . i wish you well and a wonderful life all the best

Barclay
12-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Congratulations!

Eileen
12-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Congratulations Katie! Enjoy your new name! How long was the process to change your name?

Eileen

KayHenderson
12-19-2007, 01:12 PM
That day I decided to move on, being tired of all the anger and hate built up, the frustration with those whom challenge us everyday. I'm living my new life my way on my terms.

The very best of luck to you in your new life, Katie.

I think having and exhibiting confidence in who you are is at least half the battle.

"Mary"
12-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Congrats Katie!

Big-Y cake?! Sounds like you're in my neck of of the woods.

Diana

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Congratulations on your new life and be careful out there!

*hugs*
Zara

RachR
12-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Congratulations, I wish you all the best :)

charllote34
12-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Well congratulations on everything apart from the door being kicked in , how bads that!!!???

Katie Ashe
12-22-2007, 08:56 PM
dianaprince, I'm in Springfield, MA... I have heard lots of kids say their fathers are TS also, but never meet any, have seen a few at stores, the Victory Secrets in the Holyoke Mall say a good portion of shoppers are TS. I know I'm not alone, but everyone is so private, understandably, but I'd like to meet some :)

Eileen, 15 min in city hall for marrage and birth copies, 20 min for filling with probate court, since I refuse to publish in paper a legal name change, I was giving a court date for the following week to see the judge. Day of court, 35 min at the most, the judge agreed with me on fear for saftey of family, and signed my new name effective right away with now public announcements, as some hear feared, do a google search for Katie Ashe LaPointe, and the only site that comes up is Crossdressers... I'm spending the next few months updating all forms, banks, credit cards etc. 1 week after the court date I had a new drivers lisc, SSN, and medical cards. Credit cards are not so easy.

Thank You all for taking the time to write me, any Q's are welcome.
I will be changing my avatar soon... to the real me :devil:

Angie G
12-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Congrats on the name change Katie wish I was at your party hun :hugs:
Angie

MAJESTYK
12-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Consider us all as having attended in spirit! Just think, if we would have showed up in person, you would have needed one hell of alot bigger cake!! Congratulations and all the best of luck to you.

Sedona
12-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Congrats! And, please, take a gun safety course, please, please, please!

Katie Ashe
12-23-2007, 05:39 PM
AAwwww, Thanks girls, I wish I could have had you here. This smilie is for all those whom couldn't attend :Party2: and :cheers:. It's nice to know someone cares about you, but the thing that saddings me is prefect strangers on this site care more for me that my own family. The up thing is I'm not alone, and niether are any of you, I wish I could send you all cake, so please accept my thanks instead.

Sedona, dear I have graduated hunter safety in Texas, and was a MP in the USAF for 3 years, and was marked a sharp shooter. No worries honey I am very up to date with MA State laws. I have 3 people in this house that are not able to protect themself in the event of intrusion, by law, I have the right to protect them from harm or death. Sucks to be the intruder if the cops don't get here first. I :Playnice:

charlie
12-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Katie!
I hope kour new open life is happier and mush better then the one you are leaving behind. However, it sure sonds like you have some viscious people around that are real social deviates! Having to buy a shotgun and having your door crashed in is pretty rough!

SherriePall
12-24-2007, 08:05 AM
Katie -- I'm glad everything worked out ok for you.

danielle42
12-24-2007, 01:47 PM
congrats,and have a happy holiday