PDA

View Full Version : Social Groups

marykrissmithcd
12-19-2007, 03:31 PM
I need help. I've been trying to join social CD groups like Tri-ess in the northern VA (Arlington/DC area) without any luck. I send out e-mail to the contacts on their web pages without any responses. Everyone talks about joining groups like these as a way to get out dressed and to make new friends but how can I do that if I don't get any responses to my e-mails. Suggestions? Mary :sad:

JoAnnDallas
12-19-2007, 03:38 PM
I am in Tri-Ess... PM me and I'll see what I can do.

sterling12
12-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Sometimes people within a Group drop the ball. Sometimes it's because of a change in officers, sometimes it's just a screwup, sometimes it's something else.

Are you going through that Group's Public Website? Usually, Tri-Ess Chapters have one. You should be requesting to make contact, and do a screening interview. Also, be sure you have the right addie, per The contact page on The National site.

If all that doesn't work, contact National and let them know your having a problem. They often can move mountains, get hold of the right person, and you will have a contact within days.

Peace and Love, Joanie

DonnaT
12-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Is it the TGEA group, Mary?

I know the membership chair lady, and she doesn't read her mail that often.

Note I'm not a member.

SweetCaroline
12-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Just a suggestion but, you could always start your own. :D

Good luck.:hugs:

Marvina Martian
12-20-2007, 12:48 AM
I have checked into our local chapter and it seems that you have to be a National member of Tri-Ess. So I went online and joined! They do say that it takes a bit to get the application processed and that I would be contacted by the local chapter.
You may try this and see where it takes you!

JoAnnDallas
12-20-2007, 08:52 AM
Bre Rue........I joined the local Tri-Ess group and at the same time joined the National Group. But her best bet is to contact National. They do respond real quick. BTW, One of my articles got publised in the "Mirror". Made me feel so great.

marykrissmithcd
12-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Yes the one group was TEGA, and the other was Tri-ess, the Chesapakee Bay chapter. I will check out the National Organization to see what they can do. Thanks

DonnaT
12-20-2007, 04:36 PM
I'll send you a PM.