PDA

View Full Version : Attracted to Androgyny

Leo Lane
12-19-2007, 11:41 PM
The feminine/masculine dichotomy underlies modern thinking about sexuality; it's what's behind the pairing of butch and femme, queer and queen. It's not always that simple, though. I look androgynous and I like it that way, and I'm attracted to other people who look androgynous, too. The modern gay ideal of tall, muscle-bound, lantern-jawed, short-haired guys is the opposite of my tastes; I like the boyish-faced guys, and the short ones -- I'm particularly attracted to Latino men, partly because they tend to be shorter than black or white men. The girls I fancy tend to be free of feminine fripperies -- I like long hair, but I also like girls in jeans and T-shirts and no make-up or fancy hairdos, just a plain, healthy, natural look; and girls who are obviously girls but dressed in a boyish way I find very hot. Once in high school a girl whom I'd never much fancied, though I recognised that she was pretty, put on a boy's flannel shirt to act in a skit and I suddenly thought, "Wow!" I'd also have liked to wear the shirt myself. It's often like that; I pass a good-looking guy who's wearing the sort of clothes I like and I think, "Damn, he's hot!" and then, "I want a sweater like that!" Rather than being, as one is expected to be, attracted to my opposite, I am attracted to people who look the way I like to look. I just find androgyny attractive, in me and in other people.

Thoughts? Is anyone else like this?

KrazyKat
12-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Leo, I have to agree with you. I was always attracted to James Bond, then I realized I wanted to be James Bond!! Seemed a lot more fun than being one of the Bond woman!!

Of course, growing up in the 60's and 70's, the best I could do was be a "Tomaboy" girl, which is ok. I always loved sports and sporty kind of people. Somehow I've fallen in love with what I thought was an androgenous man, who is now post-op woman, and more girly than I would prefer sometimes.:heehee:

Life has a way of changing your mind about things, so it would seem to me.:p

Best wishes for finding your true path to happiness, Leo!!:thumbsup:

Devon James
12-20-2007, 11:50 AM
I have to say that I'm very attracted to androgynous women, they make my heart melt more than other women. When I think deeper I realise I'm not really into feminine women, they can be pretty but hardly give me the "wow-factor".

CaptLex
12-21-2007, 09:57 AM
I just find androgyny attractive, in me and in other people. Thoughts? Is anyone else like this?
Yeah I think androgynous people are attractive. I like androgynous and non-androgynous (butcher, I guess) men, but the only women I find attractive tend to be androgynous. Girly women turn me off completely. If I were to date a woman, she'd have to look much more like k.d. Lang than Pamela Anderson. :p

Anthony Jake
12-22-2007, 04:46 AM
I'm not really into feminine women, they can be pretty but hardly give me the "wow-factor".

Girly women turn me off completely.

Girly women are scary!!
I can't do girly women.. I guess there could be a few exceptions but in general 99% of the time girly is just creepy, scary and uncomfortable

Andro is good tho...

bi_weird
12-23-2007, 12:34 AM
Yeah girly girls...they are attractive now and again, but show me a short haired girl wearing boyish clothes and I'll follow her home. Same with guys. Basically, if I have to wonder "he or she?" when I see someone, they're way more likely to be attractive. It's interesting, though, because it's stronger for girls. I'm more likely to be attracted to manly men than girly girls. I wonder if it's related to the fact that if I could, I'd be tempted to be super masculine some, just to try it out, but I've been forced to be really feminine before and have a distates for it stemming from being forced to do it.

Drake
12-23-2007, 08:17 PM
That's exactly what I feel!
That's why I said my ideal person would be someone who was both. I find masculine women EXTREMELY hot and feminin men more so than the masculine ones. Then again, I more into women.

christina marie
12-24-2007, 12:22 AM
a pretty girl will get my attention every time, but more often than not lately, i find myself wondering"could i pull off that look" as much as anything else. androgynous girls peak my interest for much different reasons, more related to curiousity about personality, than physical appearance... but then some of you guys...whew, ok turn the heat off for a while, will ya?:heehee:

Charleen
12-25-2007, 11:41 PM
My wife was butch. In alot of ways I was more fem then she was.

Stephanie Stephens
12-26-2007, 07:45 AM
wow what a great topic! My goal is to be both man and woman blended into one. Maybe some day this is what we will all evolve into.
Stephanie

MinaB
12-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Long-haired guys seem icky to me... maybe it's because they all remind me of Fabio.

Butch girls are where it's at! Woo!

Leo Lane
01-02-2008, 02:42 PM
With me there's also a psychological aspect: I tend to fall for guys whom I admire and wish I could be like. Obviously this doesn't come into it with girls. My attraction to girls doesn't have much of a psychological side anyway -- it's just, "Damn, she's hot!" :p

Anthony Jake
01-02-2008, 07:45 PM
Long-haired guys seem icky to me... maybe it's because they all remind me of Fabio.

I don't know who Fabio is...
But i have a friend who has really long hair, he is a very odd guy..but his hair really doesn't help peoples perception of him... like long haired guys unless it really suits them, it is kinda gross... sure some guys can pull it off... but when you say long haired guys, i think of my friend and he is just one odd dude...:D

gennee
01-03-2008, 03:49 PM
I do have andrgynous feeling more than looks. I took one of those gender tests and the results show that I have many androgyne qualities. Personally, I find androgynous people attractive.

Gennee

:happy:

suzi_cd
01-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Oddly enough I've been sort of drifting in this direction. I've tried the really Femme look and it doesn't work for me. COGIATI reports me as classification THREE, ANDROGYNE and to be honest thats were I feel I fit in.

As a male I've never really been attracted to the "ideal" woman - the stereotype who gets thrust at us by the media. I've always found "boyish" girls much more sexy and if I'm wandering round the supermarket its those sort of girls that catch my eye.

So I tried adjusting my dressing - wearing female clothes (jeans, tanks etc.) that are not overtly femme but are female. A little bit of make up, some work on my hair and I feel very comfortable as a "soft butch" and I'm hoping I look good too (I'm working on some photos).

suzi

gennee
01-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Oddly enough I've been sort of drifting in this direction. I've tried the really Femme look and it doesn't work for me. COGIATI reports me as classification THREE, ANDROGYNE and to be honest thats were I feel I fit in.

As a male I've never really been attracted to the "ideal" woman - the stereotype who gets thrust at us by the media. I've always found "boyish" girls much more sexy and if I'm wandering round the supermarket its those sort of girls that catch my eye.

So I tried adjusting my dressing - wearing female clothes (jeans, tanks etc.) that are not overtly femme but are female. A little bit of make up, some work on my hair and I feel very comfortable as a "soft butch" and I'm hoping I look good too (I'm working on some photos).

suzi

I'm a three myself. I'm attracted to different types of women. With my dressing, I have prefer a conservative yet upbeat style. I have been complemented by men and women so I guess I'm doing something right.

Gennee
:happy:

CaptLex
01-06-2008, 02:44 PM
With my dressing, I have prefer a conservative yet upbeat style. I have been complemented by men and women so I guess I'm doing something right. :happy:
You always look nice, Gennee :thumbsup: :happy: