PDA

View Full Version : Today's makeover

terrigurl
12-20-2007, 01:51 AM
I went into an Avenue store the other day, and asked the manager if it would be OK if I came in dressed up. She said that would be fine. I then went down the "street" a bit to a salon, and talked to the girl who does makeup. I told her I was going to a New Year's party, dressed as a woman, and could she do my makeup? I told her I wanted to come in for a trial run a few days early and made an appointment for Wed late afternoon.
Well, she did a really nice job on me. She also brushed my wig a little. My outfit was a black and white top, black pencil skirt, pantyhose, heels, and some rings, bracelets, and a necklace. I was quite nervous, because the salon was really crowded.
I wanted to get nail polish also, but the salon didn't have anyone to do it. I noticed a nail salon a few doors down, but they were really busy, so I didn't have the nerve.
Then I drove down to Avenue, but the manager with whom I spoke the other day wasn't there, and it was really busy also. I guess the Christmas rush and all.
So I didn't stay very long at Avenue, went back to the salon, and changed back into my drab wear. She did take a couple of photos of me, in my wig and makeup and outfit.
Then I drove home, feeling very girly if only for a little while.

Sonia_cd
12-20-2007, 02:06 AM
Congratulations honey! your excitement is evident in your post as well :happy:

Thanks for sharing and do post some pics sweetie...you know all of us would love that.

Dayna
12-20-2007, 02:07 AM
Sounds like you took several bold steps, and I'm happy for you! If the salons and stores are crowded, it means that many more people got to see you--and if the girl at the salon took pictures, I am sure the rest of us would love to see you as well!!

I say, great job Terrigurl!

Marvina Martian
12-20-2007, 02:08 AM
You lucky girl!