PDA

View Full Version : favorite nail color for toes

MistyCD
04-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Hi Girls, I have a few questions for you, and GG's are welcome to answer as well.

1. What is your favorite color of nail polish that you put on your toe nails? 2. Is it different from the color you put on your finger nails, if so why?

Luv Misty

DanaJ
04-12-2005, 07:31 PM
I get my nails done every Friday evening, and I have had my toes done in all sort of colors, but I think a nice red has always been my favorite....

DanaJ
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/460749/xmastoes02a.jpg

ChristineRenee
04-12-2005, 07:41 PM
I like the look of red a lot, and wear the color quite a bit, but I tend to wear pink more...a blush color actually...because it is a lighter color and I can wear it longer without having to worry about it "staining" my nails. Even using base coats, for some reason a dark color like red will stain my nails if I have it on for too long a period of time.

jhnjks
04-12-2005, 07:47 PM
I usually use a 'true' red, but recently some of the metallics have been interesting. If you wear open-toed shoes or sandals you may want to think about what you will be wearing with your toes.

Rayna
04-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi Girls, I have a few questions for you, and GG's are welcome to answer as well.

1. What is your favorite color of nail polish that you put on your toe nails? 2. Is it different from the color you put on your finger nails, if so why?

Luv Misty

Easy one to answer... My wife found this metallic blue that i LOVE. It's called B Fabulous (L'oreal Bijou Gems color # 920)

Tiffanygirl
04-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Easy one to answer... My wife found this metallic blue that i LOVE. It's called B Fabulous (L'oreal Bijou Gems color # 920)

I like red and pink.

Tristen Cox
04-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Red, blood red;) :p :cool: (uh oh Crispy heard that... :eek: )

Ashley in Virginia
04-12-2005, 11:07 PM
I have a shade of a light blue I am really fond of. I also like lavender alot.

Sigrid
04-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Well nothing beats RED.

Dana! Stop that, your killin me! (just kidding - Please, don't stop )

I do have a nice shade of pink that I wear alot. So subtle that no one in the house ever noticed that I was wearing it even after several weeks.

~Sigrid

Sharon
04-13-2005, 02:09 AM
I almost always prefer red on my toe nails in the winter when I wear closed nosed shoes. In summer, when I break out the open-toed sandals, I try to color coordinate my toes with a secondary color on the outfit I'm wearing, with assorted hues of pink being my preference.

obsessedwithpantyhose
04-13-2005, 02:36 AM
i match my toes with fingers when i paint my nails, which is all the time now,
i found i like the sparkly colors of pink and red to be the only colors i have as they look good on me and show up nicely under my pantyhose and can be seen by anyone who wants to look at my toes while im out and about while wearing shorts with sandals.. :D :D

sarah
04-13-2005, 05:26 AM
Well we all seem to agree red red and red .Ialso like the metalic colours and usually match up for a finished look ..Dana those feet are good enough to suck.Sorry got carried away...x

Di
04-13-2005, 08:04 AM
I match my fingers and toes.....Red in my fav then burgandy...then pinks and some times purple

Tiffy
04-13-2005, 09:07 AM
Hot pink or a bright blue

Kisses, April

DonnaT
04-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Right now, both my toes and fingers are painted in a light pink. It is noticible, but barely, and I really don't want to draw attention to my toes when I'm at the gym's pool or my fingers while here at work.

On weekends, however, I like the brighter colors, like hot pink, or red, but purple is nice too.

My wife bought me several shades for Christmas, so I keep changing color, because I don't want it all to go the waste :D

Natasha Anne
04-14-2005, 05:13 AM
Everday wear. Clear or light pink on my fingers and toes.

At night hot pink or Revlon Vixen and deep red colours.

I don't often put too much colour on my finger nails, but if I did it would be the same.

I find that colours other than clear, pinks, and reds tend to highlight my maculine biology e.g. metallic blues, greens etc.

girlintouch
04-14-2005, 05:27 AM
I like red or pink are the ones I like the most

MichelleH
04-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Pinks are my favorite for toes (see photo). I usually just do my fingernails with clear polish but I like reds and pinks too.

MichelleH

stevie h
04-14-2005, 12:44 PM
i just love blue on the toes and silver on the fingers. Its funny but i hate the same on both. Never understood why. I sometimes go for the french tip on the fingers bur stickers are a pain. I glued one finger once. dab of glue. bloody hell it was stuck. seriously stuck. i know this is obvious. us blondes. anyway panic or what. soaked in remover for about 5 mins, off it came. i'd love to glue them all on. one day. anyway blue below silver on top, at the mo.

stevie

xx

DonnaT
04-15-2005, 01:15 PM
My Tootsies

Melissa A.
04-15-2005, 01:41 PM
I like burgundy or a dark red. The polish on my toes is always there, and is only changed when it starts to chip or grow out.

I completely remove all finger nail polish whenever I am done dressing, So I use more variety there.

Sometimes my fingernails and toenails match, sometimes they don't. If I am going w/o pantyhose and wearing open toed shoes or sandals, I will usually make sure they match.

Nail polish is so much fun!

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Steffie
04-16-2005, 06:39 AM
Like many girls in here I too wear mostly Pink or Red.

I also luv french polish if I have the time on both fingers and toes as I think it looks so sexy especially when wearing open toe heels :D

Steffie

nikky
04-21-2005, 10:39 PM
i usually stick to red or pink, although i am temped to get a french pedicure one of theese day at the salon. just need some courage. :o

Deanna2
04-22-2005, 12:22 AM
I've just been away for work for two weeks and my toenails were bright red. When I'm home I prefer metallic gold with little stars in the nail polish. The nails are obviously painted but don't really stand out. My fingernails are usually done with clear polish for everyday use, although I sometimes do them in red for the evening.

Luvya

GypsyKaren
04-22-2005, 12:26 AM
I love to do my toes in coral pink.GypsyKaren

Karyn
04-22-2005, 01:56 AM
I like dark red on my fingers, but a brighter color on my toes that show through my hose.

Stormgirl
04-22-2005, 02:25 AM
Hello Karyn - welcome to the site

jenny c
04-22-2005, 04:05 AM
I prefer Frosted Lavender most of the time but i do adore Red nail varnish of any description i always wear one colour on hands and feet.

SamanthaCD
04-22-2005, 05:41 AM
Red is my fav.

Maddie Knight
04-22-2005, 08:11 AM
I'm allways changing the colour of my toes. Today's colour is black.

Katie Ashe
04-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Currently I use Icy Pearl. It's A high shine pink, kinda with a lite coat of ice cristals covering. Looks cool, goes with everything. Sorry no Pic.

Katie

Jessicafreed
05-16-2005, 04:25 PM
I like bright shiny colors like pink, purple and red. Most of the time my toenails don't match my finger nails unless I am going out. I always keep my toenails painted and like to change them once a week. Waking up in the morning and seeing my painted toes jus make me feel extremely girlish. I would dream of wearing open toed shoes without my toenails painted. I hate how most GG's don't take the time to paint their toenails or finger nails for that matter. It doesn't take long and completes the feminine image.

Mia lynn
05-16-2005, 05:01 PM
I'm a dark haired girl- cherry red is the best for me.
Hugs
Mia

Phoebe Diana
05-16-2005, 11:55 PM
I've got this light pink chrome on right now that I just love!

The funny thing is, I tried it on my wife's toes first and it looked horrible. And we have almost exactly the same skin tone. Go figure.

Phoebe

Ava Mouse
05-17-2005, 12:03 AM
Best with sheer (non-reinforced) toe pantyhose...