PDA

View Full Version : How clean is your armpit?

ronna
04-12-2005, 09:17 PM
I know, it's not the most exciting topic. I just shaved mine but I don't have a picture. You can't wax them or "epi" them but it's just as important for a well-groomed look and equally important to how well your deodorant works. Anti-perspirant clogs the pores and sometimes looks chalky, and regular deodorant doesn't stop the sweating (I mean, "perspiring"). Some of you have mentioned favorite scents (misty rain, for example) but that is only part of it. You have to like it a lot to wear it comfortably.

I personally love the scent of Lady Speed Stick "Powder Fresh" Gel. It delights me to smell it on myself. Try it, and I promise you will love it! Then post a picture of your armpit(s), and I'll show you mine!

(you do like flowery things, don't you?)

Ronna

Rayna
04-12-2005, 09:22 PM
I can't say I ever let them get even stubbly... I can't stand having body hair!

DanaJ
04-13-2005, 04:38 AM
I know, it's not the most exciting topic. I just shaved mine but I don't have a picture. You can't wax them or "epi" them but it's just as important for a well-groomed look and equally important to how well your deodorant works. <snip>
RonnaSure you can wax your arm pits - I've had mine done several times. Hurts like hell too - but they stay hair free for a looonnnggggg time :)

DanaJ

Teddie
04-13-2005, 05:10 AM
You sure can wax or "epi" them, I epi mine all the time. The hair grows in much slower, and finer then shaving them. And, it didn't hurst as much as I thought it would.

sarah
04-13-2005, 05:31 AM
I cant remember having hair on my underarms probably because i am obsesive and hate any body hair.i always use a powder type roll on and a little spray of musk deodorant to finish....

derminator
04-13-2005, 05:55 AM
Horrible subject... but i guess it's attention grabbing!

All I know is that when I see a GG with hairy armpits it is actually repulsive to me.... so, for CD's, underarm hair removal is a must!!!!!!!

Tiffy
04-13-2005, 09:13 AM
I shave mine all the time and use degree deodorant. I hate body hair on me but on gg's I do not mind it. I guess it is because other than her legs my wife can not shave. oh well

April

Julie York
04-13-2005, 10:56 AM
Sure you can wax your arm pits - I've had mine done several times. Hurts like hell too - but they stay hair free for a looonnnggggg time :)

DanaJ

They're probably too scared to grow back. :D

malecynthia
04-13-2005, 11:59 AM
, and regular deodorant doesn't stop the sweating (I mean, "perspiring").

Ronna
Surely you mean "glowing"? ;) I was always taught that horses sweat, men perspire and ladies glow!
Cynthia.

Natasha Anne
04-13-2005, 02:02 PM
I love Lady Speedstick too.

I normally use Veet on my arms, this morning however, for the first time ever it burned my pits. What a painful day.

Any ideas what to put on that is soothing and also a deo or anti-perspirant. Most things just burn like heck

DonnaT
04-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Natashia, not sure, but baby powder may be of help as a deodorant. Apply after applying, and letting dry, an aloe based soothing cream.

I shave and use Degree. It comes in several nice scents, such a Powder fresh.

Can't use roll ons of any kind, as I will look like I rolled in poison ivy :eek:

Gail Evans
04-13-2005, 03:04 PM
Natasha,
I have my back, chest, arms and underarms waxed every two weeks - can give you details if you require. I also have my eybrows shaped ath the same beauty salon. Doesn't hurt really and I get soothing gel put on afterwrdas and feel really soft and fem.

Gail

DanaJ
04-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Natasha,
I have my back, chest, arms and underarms waxed every two weeks - can give you details if you require. I also have my eybrows shaped ath the same beauty salon. Doesn't hurt really and I get soothing gel put on afterwrdas and feel really soft and fem.

GailGail, I gotta ask you - do you do it ALL every two weeks??? Because waxing is supposed to last a minimum of 4 - 6 weeks. I know when I have gotten waxed before, there is no visible growth at all in the first two weeks. Just confused a little I guess.....

DanaJ

Brandy_Marie
04-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Being the stubborn little brat (I was going to use a different term, but thought better of it) that I am, I shave and use Secret for my deoderant. Even when I'm not dressed. So far, I haven't found out why they say "Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman." It works fine for me. Wait, does that mean I really AM a woman?

Sarah Ellis
04-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Another one related to the shaving thread... i use my 'male' electric shaver.. its got an attachment designed for very short sensitive spots, no comment, hehe... i nearly always keep them hair free... its a lot healthier n a general good wash every day plus a decent neutral deodorant does the trick. Satin xx

Sweet Susan
04-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Nothing like a shaved pit!

Wenda
04-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Sure you can wax your arm pits - I've had mine done several times. Hurts like hell too - but they stay hair free for a looonnnggggg time :)

DanaJ
when I recover from waxing my chest.... maybe... we'll see... wenda

Alicia
04-13-2005, 11:32 PM
I like to use Lady Speedstick Powder fresh too. I normally only shave them in the summer for when I dress up in short sleeve tops.

DanaJ
04-14-2005, 05:04 AM
when I recover from waxing my chest.... maybe... we'll see... wendaWenda - I strongly suggest you let someone else do your underarm waxing. In other words.... don't try this at home! :D

DanaJ

Natasha Anne
04-14-2005, 05:10 AM
Gail, I gotta ask you - do you do it ALL every two weeks??? Because waxing is supposed to last a minimum of 4 - 6 weeks. I know when I have gotten waxed before, there is no visible growth at all in the first two weeks. Just confused a little I guess.....

DanaJ
Us Africans are hairy :)

Gail please send me the info. I appreciate it. Do they know you're a tranny, what did you tell them? Do you go dressed!?

Gail Evans
04-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Danaj,
Yes every two weeks - the sun makes our hair grow fast.

Natasha, I use Beauty on the Square, but haven't told them I'm a tranny, although I think they suspect. Went once after changing back in to drab, and after the wax, I could still see my bra strap marks! No one said anything though.

If you want more, Natasha, pm me

Gail

DanaJ
04-14-2005, 03:48 PM
Wow Gail! That must get really expensive - to get that much done here would cost around $150, and every 2 weeks that must really add up! Add legs and you are talking well over $200. Oh well, got to suffer (both pain and monetarily) for beauty ;)

DanaJ

Anita
04-14-2005, 03:54 PM
Sorry What A Depressing Subject

Bernadina
04-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Sorry What A Depressing Subject
Could get even more depressing when you consider that most underarm deoderants are actually potentially toxic.

Most contain aluminum which is absorbed by the underarm pores into the body. Mix that with a bit of flouride from your favourite toxic tooth paste and voila, Altheimers and other kinds of nerve damage diseases.

The alternatives mean using aluminum free deoderants and flouride free toothpastes and water.

And if you ever happen to wonder why they put flourides in toothpaste and why the amount has been steadily increasing over the years? Its because the aluminum and glass industry creates tons of toxic flouride waste every year. What a wonderful way of getting rid of all that toxic waste. Put it in toothpaste and spread it back around the environment and into each of us.

And the big lie: It (flouride) cuts down on tooth decay. Sorry. Not proven and my only be slightly effective in parts of the world where the natural water supply has the right mineral composition to actually make the flouride effective.

Over a 1000 children die in US alone each year from flouride toothpaste poisoning.

Oops again. Better get off my soapbox.

Melissa A.
04-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Wow! Imagine getting out of the shower, freshly shaved everywhere,(armpits included) and running into this thread. Pretty cool.

I really don't mind shaving my legs. I was afraid when I started that they would grow back quick and even hairier, but just the opposite seems to be true. My chest and stomach is a different story-but I persevere, and keep shaving. The armpits? Always smooth!

This will be my first summer fully shaved. I've been told people generally don't even notice. But even if they do, I'm prepared to go through with it, and deal with any problems as they arise. After 9 months hair free, I just can't imagine going back. The only hair I don't shave is on my forearms-I just think stubble would be pretty noticable there and look kinda wierd. If anyone has had positive results there, please let me know. I am thinking of bleaching my forearms, though.

I am seriously considering permanant removal of my face and neck hair. I know it's expensive, painful, and takes a while. But I hate that it's there!

That's all on the hair subject. Sorry to go on. Time to go get pretty! be back soon.

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Sweet Jeanette
04-14-2005, 10:01 PM
I am allergic to any colone, or perfume. I have severe attacks of choking and sneezing, for as many as 20 minutes!-----I mean, "down on the floor" fits!-I like the earthy body smell of a persons natural odor. To me, that is their Musk, -or scent!------It's "natural"!------And,----different parts of a persons body have different scents.-To these, I am not allergic.-As for armpits,-----my wife makes me smell hers, just after a hard days work, just before she takes a bath. ---The "under the breast odor" is different too. Both are highly sexual!-It's a instant Woody, for me!-Men smell too strong to me.-----I prefer the natural musk of a female, unfettered by artifical stuff that they sell!--------But then,------this is just ME! :p ------There are other places I smell and lick, on a female, that I will not talk about now, because you will think I am wierd!-----Ha!---But what FUN! :D

Sweet Jeanette
04-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Wow Gail! That must get really expensive - to get that much done here would cost around $150, and every 2 weeks that must really add up! Add legs and you are talking well over $200. Oh well, got to suffer (both pain and monetarily) for beauty ;)

DanaJ

Im off the subject, but I was looking at your avatar, and I think you have VERY sexy feet!

Steffie
04-16-2005, 07:19 AM
I too love to be smooth and hair free all ova.

After a couple of years getting waxed every 4-6ish weeks when I don't get time to get waxed and the hair starts growing back I too think I could never go back to being hairy.

Here in Australia it costs me around $65 to $75 ($50ish US dollars) every time and I think it is well worth the investment. The lady who does it is very nice and has even recommended me to a solarium as well which can be expensive but is worth it to look like a bronzed babe.

As for the topic, armpits I shave as I haven't had the guts to ask to get it done yet but all the same I love them hairless as with all my body bits.

Helps one to feel girly even if I'm not one lol :D

Steffie