PDA

View Full Version : Mood swings

Jennifer Brooks
12-21-2007, 09:04 PM
When I get to dress, be it for 15 minutes or 6 hours, I feel great as so many of us do. When the male clothes have to go back on, I get very depressed and very moody. I then have to sit as Mr.Man, watch t.v. and act like nothing ever happened while I was alone. I wish I could tell my wife the whole story about my passion of Dressing. These past couple of weeks has been very hard due to the fact that I have made some serious strides beyond just wearing a bra and underpants. Make-up, wig, clothes, nylons and pumps have made their way into the equation. I've gone full-blown CD. Not looking 100% yet but I am wanting that look. What I am getting at here is that do I need some real professional help here or is this a faze that will calm down after I get use to all the new feelings. I sometimes sit in my chair, watching a ball game and start think how much i wish I had some type of women's clothing on and then start tearing up because I am so frustrated with hiding this feeling. My wife knows about my younger childhood to Teen years of dressing (I've told her a few times over a span of 5 years) and knows that if we ever went our separate ways one day, I would definitely dress again (Told her last week). What she doesn't know is that I still dress while everyone is gone. Why is this so hard? Why is something that is not hurting anybody feel so bad? I thought I had these feelings behind me. :strugglin

eden_medea
12-21-2007, 09:28 PM
i just recently came out three months ago... i always avoided getting into a relationship with a girl after high school to avoid this kind of situation... but it is still absurdly hard - i moved out of my parents house (my whole nuclear family is against this) but i still only go out dressed up at night because of what neighbors might think or do, still afraid of that... do you see yourself living as a girl? from my experience the pull and gravity towards this kind of lifestyle is irresistible. my advice is not to accelerate or decelerate your own personal progress but look for some kind of spiritual inner strength to get you through times like this. lao tzu says in the art of war that it is more important for an army to be spiritually nurished the materially, when i was living with my family and couldn't do this after the urge really started getting intense after about 17 i got into taoism, buddhism... hinduism, etc... religion in general, it might sound cliche but God, or your Higher Self is always there when you need her or him, or herm

scherylnmke
12-21-2007, 10:05 PM
I've had that happen almost everytime after I've dressed. I guess it's because your in the zone so deep that when you get undressed it feels like a let down. I try to take my time getting undressed so it lasts longer and I think about how I feel during that time afterwards. As for telling your wife, I told mine more than 10 years ago and it's just gotten better as time went on. Of course that's my results and others have varried. If she kind of knows that you have, maybe she kind of knows that you still are. Openning up about takes alot of weight off your shoulders(It did for me) I didn't have the guilt of hiding and the worry of being caught anymore. My wife is so accepting now that she even has bought me clothes when I wasn't with her! Also I noticed your from Wisconsin, I'm from Milwaukee, where do you live? If you don't want to post shoot me a private mesage if you want to.

Marvina Martian
12-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Hang in there girl! I would not do anything around the holidays, as people are naturally more stressed and even little things can be perceived differently or be blown out of proportion!

Instead just work things into your everyday life. Drooping hints like you have to her is a very good start.
I know that it is very hard but you have come this far, just take things one day at a time and take the opportunity when the timing feel right. Prepare yourself for some rough days with some very turbulent emotions. Even those wives who know about it can still take it pretty hard!

Of course we all do not know you personally or your situation first hand so also just take any advise you receive from anyone of us as good intended support.

Just remember that we love you and will be here for you when you need us.:hugs:

(And you can PM me anytime just to talk ;) )

Angie G
12-22-2007, 12:44 AM
Do what you can andd be happy you get time to dress. I don't think the feelings are ever behind us I'm one of the lucky ones that my wife knows and I get to dress 5 day a week And exceptfor time at work I'm almost always in panties. I think it will calm down hun :hugs:
Angie

Rebecca_B
12-22-2007, 01:06 AM
OMG Jen. You took the words right out of my head! I'm in a most similar situation. Though I've told my ggf about my past years ago. She just kept acting like I was merely messing with her head for the lols. I've been hiding it from her for a little over 5 years now, and frankly it's tearing me up on the inside. Lately I've been going through another phase of where all I want to do is dress. When I am dressed I'm happy and at peace. When it's time to go back to reality, I'm sad and very moody. The urge seems to be the strongest when I'm going through really stressful times.

GF and I have been arguing alot lately, (Money the root of all fights.) and she's stated several times: "God, if I didn't know better, I'd swear you were on your period or something. WTF is up with you? It's like I don't even know you anymore." I get the words I want to admit on my tougue, but they always die there.

Half the time I don't even feel like I know myself anymore.

Anyhow my advice to you and it seems to help me a bit. Is paint your toenails a really cute color and wear an anklet. It's winter time so the fact that you wear socks 20/7 probably won't get any questions directed at you.

Hope that helps, and I hope things come to a more comfortable balance for you.

Nicole Erin
12-22-2007, 02:51 AM
Well as you said, you are pretty new at full blown CD'ing. Welcome new sister :happy:

At first yes, one wants to spend every minute dressed. I think for some, it does get easier to not have to dress so much.

Of course there is also that "underdressing" thing with wearing the undergarments and such.

I would like to say on a positive note - it is good you have times whe you can be yourself. Some CD's seldom if ever have that chance.

Anyways, you KNOW what must be done. Time to start planning to talk to the wife. It will probably not go as bad as you are imagining. I don't know your wife but here is how I told mine [after I almost got caught] "I have something I need to explain but I don't want you getting pissed off or freaking out..." She took it quite well.

You also have the benefit of her knowing that you HAVE dressed en femme before. So when you do tell her, it is not "out of the blue" that you CD.

And as anyone here will say - the desire to CD will always be around, even if the desire comes less and less often.

Carla Mel
12-22-2007, 04:17 AM
Some of my friends call this the "acetone syndrom". Don't wanting to put and end to wonderfull times en femme, hating having to take the wig off. They hate when comes the hour they have to look for the acetone...
I think the great majority of my friends feel this way, you are no exception. I'm much more optimistic, I take what I can in life and enjoy both lifes, as a girl or as a boy. And as I love my times as a mas I'm not affraid of the acetone. As a matter of fact after a night dancing in a club in high heels I really like taking my shoes off, and getting undressed, a good shower and being male again....
I know it is dificult to give such an advise, please don't take it badly, just want to be friendly, but why not looking to the good part of your life, enjoying 100% what you are doing when you are doing it however you are dressed?
Kisses
Carla

Stephenie S
12-22-2007, 04:33 AM
Some of my friends call this the "acetone syndrom". Don't wanting to put and end to wonderfull times en femme, hating having to take the wig off. They hate when comes the hour they have to look for the acetone...
I think the great majority of my friends feel this way, you are no exception. I'm much more optimistic, I take what I can in life and enjoy both lifes, as a girl or as a boy. And as I love my times as a mas I'm not affraid of the acetone. As a matter of fact after a night dancing in a club in high heels I really like taking my shoes off, and getting undressed, a good shower and being male again....
I know it is dificult to give such an advise, please don't take it badly, just want to be friendly, but why not looking to the good part of your life, enjoying 100% what you are doing when you are doing it however you are dressed?
Kisses
Carla

Carla has some REALLY good advice here. Determining to enjoy your life to the fullest is a good thing to do no matter WHAT you are doing. And maybe it will get you to the end of your life without regrets.

And dear, stop withy the hints. Hinting never works. It assumes the other person has some sort of mind reading abitity (which they don't), and often leads to gross misinterpretations. If you want to tell someone something, don't make them guess, TELL them.

Lovies,
Stephenie

kim85
12-22-2007, 05:22 AM
You mention in your post that you have admitted that you use to do it and if you ever split you would "start again" What was her response when you said this. If she didnt scream shout ect ect you never know she may accept you. As i dont know you SO i cant comment only you know what she is like. But i would trying gently finding out if she would be ok with it.

Kim
xxx

jenny logan
12-22-2007, 07:56 AM
I told my SO a long time ago and together we set boundaries for what was and wasn't appropriate times for me to present as a woman. ( kids out of the house, never with family, never at work, etc) So far it has worked great for us. She is use to seeing me dressed, has bought me outfits, went clubbing with me, and it has progressed to the point where it is unusual not to spend entire evenings and weekends dressed. Still, it wasn't easy at first and there were times when it was marriage threatening as I pushed too far and too hard at times. Moody doesn't begin to describe how I felt as we struggled with the impact my cding had on our marriage. At times it was almost unbearable and I came close to leaving. What I finally realized is that like many other things in any relationship, there is give and take. The important thing to remember is that the clothes, wether male or female, are much like the wrapping on a present, the real value is what lies underneath the wrapping. We are still crazy in love and relish our journey in life, be it en femme or in drab.
Hang in there, it takes time and sacrifice but it is worth it.

Jen

Jennifer Brooks
12-22-2007, 01:59 PM
You mention in your post that you have admitted that you use to do it and if you ever split you would "start again" What was her response when you said this. If she didn't scream shout etc etc you never know she may accept you. Kim
xxx

She didn't say anything. Maybe because we had been talking about stuff very late in the night. (2hrs. past her bed-time) But she asked me why I didn't "Dress" when I was on my own after High-School? Well, back then I didn't believe I had others like me out there and it was at the time it was a private situation, a very confusing situation as well as scary.

paulaN
12-22-2007, 07:00 PM
My wife has said that I have mood swings. She has also said that I seem to have that time of the month. She is right, a lot of it has to do with not being able to dress. So I under dress. I wear panties every day. I also shave my legs and pits year around. This is no cure all for not being able to dress but it seems to help keep me sain. I still have mood swings and that time of the month swings but it seems to be better than before. I have never heard of the accetone thing before. I have that too. Not so bad though. That seems to happen after I have had a real good day in a dress. But it is still a bummer to have to get out the accetone. Not nearly as big of a bummer when you realize that you have no polish remover. Now that is a real bummer.

Hali
12-23-2007, 09:03 AM
its not easy beign a CD and especially when we have to go back to our male clothes, i get the mood swings too but it has reduced drastically due to so many threads i read on this forum. on coming out full to your SO i think you have to do some research before doin that. bye.