PDA

View Full Version : get togethers

Dalece
12-22-2007, 02:19 AM
Hi I was wondering is there any big conventions or get togethers for us ladies ? I myself would love to host or open a diva queen show or get a break in possible comedy. My heroine is Dame Edna. Open to suggestions Dalece

Genifer Teal
12-22-2007, 10:03 AM
There are quite a few. The question is how to find them all. I don't know of one resource which list all of them. Perhaps someone else does.

The biggest event in the country is the SCC (southern comfort conference) in Atlanta around mid september. First Event is in mid January in Boston. Chicago has the "Be All". There is an event in Las Vegas, and a few others which don't come to mind at the moment.

Gen

Jodi
12-22-2007, 02:30 PM
We have the Erie Gala, held in Erie, PA each November. It is a week long event. Last month we had about 100 cd's and about 30 SO's. We had about a dozen girls from Ohio there.

Jodi

Seville
12-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Try BE-ALL Chicago, Colorado Gold Rush in Denver, Beauty and the Beach,
Espirit Gala in Port Angeles Washington, Fantasia Fair Provincetown MA.

En Femme Getaway AR now cancelled

Marvina Martian
12-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Anything near Phoenix?

Dalece
12-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Was stationed in Yuma 22 yrs ago son born there

Genifer Teal
12-23-2007, 08:56 PM
I belong to the Tall Club. Yes there is such a thing. It is a social group for tall men & women. Their are local clubs in cities all accross the country and the world. Each has large weekend long events. In many ways they compare to what a CD convention is like.

The point is that there is a govorning body that all tall clubs are part of. If you go to that web site, you can look up all the local clubs and see when and where their big events will be. Is there such a thing for CD support groups? I don't think so. It seems like a geat idea that could be helpful to many.

I will ask those in charge at First Event to see if there is and get their thought on the idea. I forget the person name who always wears the hat, but he/she sets up many of these events and would have good insight on this. I will definately ask them too.

Genifer

Joy Carter
12-23-2007, 09:03 PM
Hi I was wondering is there any big conventions or get togethers for us ladies ? I myself would love to host or open a diva queen show or get a break in possible comedy. My heroine is Dame Edna. Open to suggestions Dalece

Daleace I was at "Be-All" in Chicago last spring. And I might be going again this year. It's a great time over a six day stay.

Melanie R
12-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Several times each year my wife and I sponsor cruises for TG's and significant others. We have just returned from a 15 day cruise on the magnificent Voyager of the Seas crossing the Atlantic. The cruises are a great opportunity to be yourself in a supportive luxury enviornment at a cost that is usually less than a land based TG convention. In 2009 we have 2 planned. Until you have dressed in your finest ball gown at the Captain's party on formal night, you have missed the opportunity of a lifetime.

Happy Holidays!

Melanie

wannabie
12-23-2007, 09:24 PM
Try Craigslist. Not too long ago and I saw an open casting call for crossdressers for a broadway musical. I was going to go for it myself but I was too busy.

also if your just looking to get together just to talk and to be with other CD's there is femmefever or the local GLB Center. belive it or not ghe GLB is a nice place to hangout if you don't let your preconception of them get in the way.