PDA

View Full Version : Hair

JoanAz
12-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Since my Hair is my own, NO wig, and I haven't had it cut in 9 years,
See my avatar, the color is NOT as Redish as it show's in the picture, Clairol calls it "Dark Blonde"
When I was Young (a life time ago) and a life guard it was the color it is now. Underneath the Clairol is shades of Gray(but not for me)
I was wondering how many others have long hair?
Long hair is common for Men now.
JoanAz
Lake Havasu Az:happy:

Dee Jay
12-22-2007, 01:08 PM
I've not had a hair cut for probably 10 years.
It's halfway down my back.
It needs the bottom few inches taking off as it's a bit haywire, but other than that it's great.
My wife plaits it almost every night.
I don't wash it too regularly, maybe 3 times a week max. Use a good conditioner, and stay away from hair driers :)

Last night I had pigtails and bows. I looked the propper schoolgirl... Very special indeed :)
Click the link to see what I was wearing :)
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73289

DJ

Cristi
12-22-2007, 01:21 PM
My hair is also halfway down my back. The only cutting it has had in the past 10 years is when my wife takes a few inches off once in a while to straighten it out and remove any split ends.

It has only been recently that I've been working with it when dressed... I've been learning how to curl it (I've got a LONG way to go)!

The only downside is the color...I've had gray hair since I was 20 (it runs in the family). I'd love to color it, but I don't think it would go over too well in guy mode. I did color it once for halloween, but even the 'temporary' color took about two weeks to wash out. Only after did I read the warning on the container that the color would take longer to remove in light colored hair. It was hard to explain why my hair was suddenly reddish/brown when I went to work the next day!

susanmichelle
12-22-2007, 02:10 PM
My hair is at shoulder blade length and haven't cut it in 1 1/2 years. Plan on letting it grow at least till the end of 2009 when I will be in a wedding as Matron of Honor for one of my best friends. I want the hairdresser to have something to work with to be able to style it nice for the wedding. It's set so far for August 6th 09. I can hardly wait

carnut62
12-22-2007, 04:00 PM
I have been growing my hair for 1 1/2 years too. I waited 12 months to get it cut the first time but realized that getting it cut ever 2-3 months in a salon is part of the fun of long hair ;) Having someone else style it has helped me a lot.

Tabitha.

Eugenie
12-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Lucky you girls... I've had to wear a wig to replace my loss of hair...

And yet I used to have a nice long and curly hair...

A wig never replaces the feeling of one's own hair...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Alas, I don't have ANY real hair lol

But I do love the variety that wigs offer ;)

Zara

Jamie001
12-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Cirsta,

Why would you have to explain your reddish-brown hair color to anyone? It is not anyone's business but your own! If someone asks, tell then that you colored your hair because you like having colored hair. That is really all that there is to it.

My hair is also halfway down my back. The only cutting it has had in the past 10 years is when my wife takes a few inches off once in a while to straighten it out and remove any split ends.

It has only been recently that I've been working with it when dressed... I've been learning how to curl it (I've got a LONG way to go)!

The only downside is the color...I've had gray hair since I was 20 (it runs in the family). I'd love to color it, but I don't think it would go over too well in guy mode. I did color it once for halloween, but even the 'temporary' color took about two weeks to wash out. Only after did I read the warning on the container that the color would take longer to remove in light colored hair. It was hard to explain why my hair was suddenly reddish/brown when I went to work the next day!

Lisa Renee
12-22-2007, 06:46 PM
I have been letting my hair grow for about 3 years now, and wear it in a pony tail at work. It's down to my shoulder blades, probably would be longer but I do get it trimmed every 3 or 4 months. And I also color it, the people at work don't say anything anymore because I color it so often. I used to color it red but now I'm a brunette. Probably in the next while I am going to lighten it to more of a blondish color.

Wendy me
12-22-2007, 06:47 PM
my hair is all my own.................

Ranae
12-22-2007, 06:54 PM
This is my real hair in the pic... Mine grows so fast.
I get a lot of GG's that wish they had my hair and a buch of TG that call me a "Queen Bitch" because of it {all in fun though, I think!}.
I have even been mistaken as a GG because of my long hair.

Lanore
12-22-2007, 07:22 PM
I have curley hair below my shoulders and it's all my own.

Lanore

Patty
12-22-2007, 07:46 PM
I let my hair grow for almost two years before-had a nice pony tail but the top of the head is bald :( so I wear a wig

Angie G
12-22-2007, 08:12 PM
My hair is at my shoulder and has soam wave :hugs:
Angie

SweetCaroline
12-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Long Hair? Yeppers. Havent had a hair cut, except for a slight trim around the bangs since I was nineteen. I'm thirty-five now, and while my hairline has receded slightly, and it's not as full as it used to be, it's still it's full color, which I would describe for me as Auburn/ Brown tho I do sometimes get blond highlights in the summer.

Here's a recent pic of me in male mode...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/Petrostone/Meguy.jpg

battybattybats
12-22-2007, 09:14 PM
My hair has had one cut in the last 5 years.. which is sad :(
As I used to have very fast-growing hair. Every year when it reached my tailbone I'd have it cut back to just below my shoulderblades.

But as it's been receding it's lost a lot of strength and thickness.
Alas ways to try and keep it from going seem way to expensive and risking some scary side-effects.

Carin
12-23-2007, 03:31 AM
Always had very fine hair, and it is getting thinner with age, But it is still my own hair. I really don't like wigs.