PDA

View Full Version : This is stupid

Veronica 1
12-22-2007, 06:03 PM
I have recently became hooked on garters and stockings. I have been wearing pantyhose for the last 6 months, daily, and will buy them without even thinking about it. Never had a comment but I find that I cannot bring myself to go to the store and buy a garter belt. I buy panties and bras, no problem. Dresses, skirts, tops, no problem. So why in the Hell can't I bring myself to take the 5 minute walk to go to the store where I bought the bustier that got me addicted. Like the title says, this is stupid.

Julie York
12-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Nah it isn't. Your brain has a line that says 'forbidden'. And you want to cross it. Just buy on Ebay. Or do the "confused man looking at list" routine.

Melissa Davis
12-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Yes it is... Melissa is gonna give you some tough love, cause I think that's what you need right now. Go back to that store, put a smile on your face and go buy the garter belt. I don't want to hear any junk about how you chickend out.

Just think about how happy you will be once you get it home and get to try it on.

:hugs:

Sam-antha
12-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Chances are that they are sold out when you get there. That makes for practice and anticipation

docrobbysherry
12-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Either u r afraid of something that u think u must do AFTER u get the garter belt, or u may be worried that the garter/stockings WON'T be as hot as u hoped! I'm sure it's one of those two!
With a possibility it's one or more, of a thousand OTHER things! U should go buy them and find out!
RS

Angie G
12-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm with Meissa hun just do it :hugs:
Angie

battybattybats
12-22-2007, 08:50 PM
I felt that way carrying my bustier around in K-mart so I found a nice skirt to carry with it and I didn't feel anywhere near as self-conscious. For me it was the plain sexyness of it that made it an issue for me.

Veronica 1
12-22-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm with Meissa hun just do it :hugs:
Angie

That is my problem, with everything else I just do it, with this there seems to be something holding me back. It is weird.

trannie T
12-22-2007, 09:52 PM
You will work up the courage. You you will go to purchase a garter belt. There will be a problem with the price tag. The sales associate will yell across the store, "The gentleman here needs a price for this garter belt!" You will eventually successfully leave the store. You will love wearing your new garter belt!

Joy Carter
12-22-2007, 09:53 PM
All kinds for sale on the net Hun !:2c:

Celeste
12-23-2007, 12:22 AM
Hi Ronnie-I had to get over this, here is what helped me.If possible shop on a monday morning right at opening when theres almost no one there. Say to yourself, "I will never see any of these people again after this". Grab a few male articles of clothing as well. Last and most important,it's really none of their buisness if you want to get your wife or girlfreind a garter,right. Almost forgot,walk around the store to get comfortable with it and your surroundings,get all your stuff and keep milling around till the cash register line is empty then slide in and slide out. If the salesperson makes a comment just say "yea it's a suprise so I hope it fits".

CassieJ
12-23-2007, 01:55 AM
Garter belts are almost always one size fits all. Just go buy one...they will think it is for your girlfriend or wife. This one is easy. Harder ones are when you need to try something on.

CJ

sterling12
12-23-2007, 02:08 AM
You should hold back! Everyone knows that "The Trannie Alarm" goes off the moment you touch a garter belt. Big, burly, Police-Type Guys are going to come and drag you off to Crossdresser Hell.

Ok, now we have covered all of the stuff that's ridiculous and we know will not happen. Now you can take a deep breath and concentrate on buying a style and type that suits you. I would stay away from "Play Garter Belts." They look scrumptious and lacy but are not very practical. Those plastic tabs really suck! Find someplace that carries quality lingerie.

One more time....THE SALES ASSOCIATE DOESN'T CARE! If she makes a commission on sales, what she DOES care about is making you happy, and that you spend money in her store. To quote Franklin Delano: "The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself!"

Peace and Love, Joanie

Carin
12-23-2007, 03:48 AM
So you go to the store, but not to buy it. You find the SA and ask her " 'xcuse me maam, but can you tell me what size garter belt would fit me".

By the time you get done with that exercise, paying for it will be no problem.

Tammy298
12-23-2007, 03:53 AM
I've shopped for lingerie many times, especially this time of year. Most of the time it's been for my wife for Christmas. Other times it for her birthday. Other time I buy it for myself which can be anytime of the year. The clerks or customers in the store don't know who you're buying it for!

A garter belt, or "suspenders" if you prefer the term, and stocking are sooooo much sexier to wear than pantyhose. And, as a bonus if you like wearing them under drabs, you can stand and take a leak instead of using a stall! :happy:

Go for it! If not today, tomorrow is a great day to shop for the few last minute items!

You've just convinced me to buy some lingerie for myself when I go out tomorrow for those few last minute gifts. Maybe I'll buy myself a matching bra, panties and garter belt. Maybe I'll give them to my wife for Christmas knowing that she'll figure out what there for when she sees they're not her size but mine!:heehee:

Tammy298
12-23-2007, 03:59 AM
So you go to the store, but not to buy it. You find the SA and ask her " 'xcuse me maam, but can you tell me what size garter belt would fit me".

By the time you get done with that exercise, paying for it will be no problem.

Carin, I love it!
As a twist to that I'm thinking about trying that when my wife and I go out shopping for a few last minute things in the morning. I wonder what she'd think about my asking a clerk in front of her!!! :D

Carin
12-23-2007, 04:13 AM
Carin, I love it!
As a twist to that I'm thinking about trying that when my wife and I go out shopping for a few last minute things in the morning. I wonder what she'd think about my asking a clerk in front of her!!! :D

Just make sure you are standing outside the swing radius of her handbag.:heehee:

I take no responsability for the outcome.

Carla Mel
12-23-2007, 04:28 AM
Have you already bought one for your wife/sister/mother/girlfriend/guyfriend? Is it because it's for you? Then think you are buying it for somebody else.
I think it is not a good idea to buy it on internet or self-cash register stores, because it's easy to fight your fear. Perhaps not a good idea going directly asking to try it, but you must go there and force yourself to go a little bit farther than last try.
If it is really some Freudian issue, don't worry just go there and focus on multiplication table from 2 to 9 then back then reverse, and do your purchase automaticaly. As you know exactly what you want you probably can buy it with your eyes closed. So just keep your mind busy focusing in something else, job issues, IRS audit wathever, I bet you will buy without noticing.
And then once it's done, go back again and again. Buy 10 or 20 of them this week (it's christmas!!)
Kisses
Carla

StacyCD
12-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Almost all of the garter belts that I've seen in regular stores are for 'bedroom wear' as opposed to regular everyday wear. Most of these have plastic garter clips and are made of very flimsy fabrics. I would suggest you go online to one of many outlets and buy one that will actually work. Also, the one size fits all really fits just about nobody! Buy one that is designed for your waist size (or just slightly smaller). Good luck!

Eugenie
12-23-2007, 08:39 AM
A man buying sexy underwear for his SO is most likely one of the commonest situation for sales attendants in lingerie stores. Far more comon than men buying a skirt or a dress for their wives...

You could take advantage of this situation to buy a complete assorted set: the garter belt, The bra and the brief. The sales attendant will be very happy to help you in that endeavour...

Further more, the sales attendant will only be interested in selling stuff...

I have personally often said to the sales attendant who was asking what style my wife liked, "Welle, You know, it is for me..." and never had any negative reactions; just on the contrary, very cooperative ones. But if you don't feel ready for that last part, just say it is for your SO.

So go for it and have fun.

Eugenie

Tammy298
12-23-2007, 03:59 PM
A man buying sexy underwear for his SO is most likely one of the commonest situation for sales attendants in lingerie stores. Far more comon than men buying a skirt or a dress for their wives...

Eugenie

It's probably a true statement that it is very common for men to buy lingerie for there SO's. Unfortunately many men won't be caught dead in a lingerie department much less a Vick's or Fredie's. I know several close friends that won't even walk in the door of those shops! They might but their wives a flannel night gown or a fuzzy robe but that's as far as they'll go! (BTW, I think flannel PJs/NGs and pantyhose should be outlawed!)

Anyway, what I'm saying is that some men, including CD's, don't feel comfortable buying lingerie for anyone!

...and I'm not one of them! I love buying lingerie especially if I might get a chance to wear the silky or lace item!
And I will be making atrip to a couple of local slightly tackier shops tomorrow. Might even buy an item or two for myself! :D

Tammy298
12-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Have you already bought one for your wife/sister/mother/girlfriend/guyfriend? Is it because it's for you? Then think you are buying it for somebody else.
Carla

Ummm... Let me understand this Carla. Have you ever bought a garter belt or similiar item for your sister or mother or know someone who has?

They make great gifts, but my sister? :eek:
... much less my mom!!! :eek::eek::eek:

sexotik
12-23-2007, 09:28 PM
I don't think it's a stupid question, but I wonder why you can't buy a garter if you haven't felt nervous when you bought all you apparell (hope it's written like this) previously.
When I read the word "garter", i said"get out" and it made shed a tear of mirth, trust me it's true, one reason is cuz I learnt this word today and cuz I would also wanna get one despite thet fact that it may make anyone look a lil ****ty if it's worn and visible, but I couldn't care less what ppl might say.

My advice take a deep breath and go get it girl, you can do it!!!!!!!!

Carla Mel
12-24-2007, 04:33 AM
Ummm... Let me understand this Carla. Have you ever bought a garter belt or similiar item for your sister or mother or know someone who has?

They make great gifts, but my sister? :eek:
... much less my mom!!! :eek::eek::eek:

That's the point. In the shop there are just objects. You could buy them for whatever reason. Actually I bought gartner belts for my sister and once for a neighbour/friend. Not for my mother, she does not use them.
Could you buy condons for your son, daughter, cousin, neighbour, sister? If you can't it means that your "education" has taken out from you the liberty to buy a very usefull "object" nothing else than an object, as a gartner belt is.
If I can buy a coca cola can, why should I be ashame to buy condons, gartner belts or whatever, for my mother, sister or even for myself?
Don't you think than finding strange to give gartner belts as gifts in your family or to friends is giving up part of your freedom? And having trouble in buying gartner belts for yourself is also giving up your freedom.
And by the way, you are right they make great gifts.
Kisses
Carla Mel

Mollyanne
12-24-2007, 06:09 AM
Yes it is... Melissa is gonna give you some tough love, cause I think that's what you need right now. Go back to that store, put a smile on your face and go buy the garter belt. I don't want to hear any junk about how you chickend out.

Just think about how happy you will be once you get it home and get to try it on.

Count me in here also, just go and do it!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

Ðarissa
12-24-2007, 08:50 AM
If you don't go buy the damned garter belt, I'm gonna cry and you don't need that. Hurry up! :p :heehee:

I wish the store was 5 minutes away from me.... id be in there every day. haha. :heehee: