PDA

View Full Version : Smooth legs @ the pool & such

Alandra
12-23-2007, 08:51 PM
I am starting to train for two triathlons in 2008. I've never done anything so aggressive athletically, but have always worked hard @ staying in shape.

Anyways, I'm going to start pool training in the next week or two. Starting in late fall, I was shaving my legs regularily. I love my shaven legs. It definitely adds something to the femme experience. But now that I'm going to be at the pool at least twice a week into the forseeable future, I have my doubts?

Have you ladies been out at the pool with shaven legs? Do people even notice? If they do, so what? I guess ultimately it's up to me to say, well to hell with it. This is who I am, this is what I do & you can just cope if you don't like it.

That being said, what kind of reactions have you observed, if any?

DanaJ
12-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Then you already have the perfect excuse - you shaved your legs for the swimming/cycling gains :)

Stephenie S
12-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Perhaps you are unaware that serious competition swimmers often shave their bodies.

Stephie

trannie T
12-23-2007, 09:29 PM
See how many others in the pool are hairless too. The guys with hairy legs might be the ones who have to explain things.

Kim_Bitzflick
12-23-2007, 10:58 PM
I have shaved legs and I go to the pool about once a month and no big deal. And if they make a deal, It's their problem.

Sometimes when I feel bold, I wear my pink panties in the locker room.

Scotty
12-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Perhaps you are unaware that serious competition swimmers often shave their bodies.

Stephie

+1, I was an amatuer swimmer and won a few competitions in my early age - and shaved legs was AWESOME back then - nobody questions it - GO WITH IT!!!!!!!!!

Oddlee
12-24-2007, 01:58 AM
I've been shaving my legs for about half a year, and going to a local health club all the while, a couple times a week for spin classes and pool yardage. So far I don't think anyone has noticed my victoria's secret black cotton bikini. Certainly, no one has commented on my shaved legs, even if they have noticed...

Lee

Angie G
12-24-2007, 08:31 AM
I've shaved my legs well over a year now and the only question was from my ganddaughters friend that asked if I shave my legs I said some times and that was it no more questions. so keep you legs shaved hun :hugs:
Angie

Cara Allen
12-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Get OUT!!!

Do you really? Truth or dare!

Cara

I have shaved legs and I go to the pool about once a month and no big deal. And if they make a deal, It's their problem.

Sometimes when I feel bold, I wear my pink panties in the locker room.

Joan Merrie
12-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Shave em. I shave legs and arms, I work in construction, ware shorts in summer, nobody says anything.

Melissa Pink
12-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Next time you are at a race (e.g. 5k, 10k, marathon, etc.) look around, I'm sure you'll notice that other guys shave their legs.
Good luck on your training. I hope to get back in the pool too. Triathlon is a great event. Good luck!

Melissa :drink:

Rikidee
12-24-2007, 09:38 AM
I have kept my legs shaved for over two years and the only people who have ever had negative comments are my so called friends. People who know me casually or don't know me at all could care less. I am also a bike rider and I get positive comments from GGs all the time about my sexy legs. When I go to cycling events the guys with hairy legs are often in the minority and some of them comment that they would like to shave but are afraid. I was in a store a few weeks ago wearing a pair of shorts and when I got to the checkout counter the girl said "You have #@$# sexy legs". I walked out with her phone number even after I told her I was a crossdresser!!!!!

kaitlin
12-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Hello, I don't do the pool thing or go to a gym but, I have had my legs shaved for 4 years now and I have never had a soul say a word about it. I almost never wear long pants in the warm months, I do have to wear a closed toe shoe of some kind, I'm sure the polished toes would get a remark or two, but never my legs. Go for it!!! Kaitlin

SANDRA MICHELLE
12-24-2007, 10:47 AM
I shave my legs daily and have had no comments as of yet. I used to be in competative athletics and nobody ever said anything about my legs being shaved. I have never competed in the tri athlon but have several marathons under my belt and three times I have swam 10 mile races. I never have been much for the bike. What is your best marathon? I ran three under 3 hours with my best 2:51/25 but thats a long time ago. I often think about training for the over 50 marathon, think I could still be pretty good at it. Good luck in your training and keep them legs shaved!

Kimberly Marie Kelly
12-24-2007, 03:00 PM
I've been shaving my legs since June 07 and wear very short shorts, people may notice but don't say anything. I also keep my arms shaved since about Sept 07, my arms get noticed more at work by people I work with closely, but all I say is I shave them, don't like the hair and that's it.

So just shavem, suggestion is don't shave them all the way up to the groin line, leave about 2 inches left. Bikini bumps, razor irritation not fun. Use the power fusion razor by Gilette, very close shave.:2c:

JaytoJillian
12-24-2007, 03:08 PM
my legs are shaved smooth year-round and I wear shorts in the gym and outside when the weather is warm. My SO tried to give me crap about it, but I told her that I like the way my legs look smooth. Honestly, I think she does too, but wont admit it, as our sex life seems to have improved since I began shaving them a couple of years ago. Having brown skin helps. I have some undetermined amount of Native American ancestry and I'm pretty much smooth all over. When most people see me shirtless or in shorts by the pool, I dont think they expect to see lots of body hair, and I'm not one to disappoint them, LoL.

Cheers,

Jill

Michelle_CD
12-24-2007, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't worry a bit about shaved legs at the pool or gym. I train for triathlons as well and have my legs shaved year round for biking. If people know you are in training for a race the probably won't say a thing about the legs. If you look around the gym while you are lifting weights you will notice that a lot of guys shave their legs even if they are just lifters. Now the hard part is explaining the toenail polish. I generally stick with colors that aren't so feminine, orange, and blue.

Good luck with the racing, don't give up and keep those legs moving forward because beer tastes a lot better at the end of the hard effort:drink:

Marvina Martian
12-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Hi,
So now you are talkin my language! I am a retired Professional Triathlete of 17 years :D

I have been shaving since 1991 and have never been hassled or had any funny looks what so ever. Most of the time it's all in your head! (you silly girl, you)
My wife actually prefers when I shave the legs and arms. She like me smooth!:D

So for training, pm me and I'll be glad to give you some advice and some workouts to do. I used to coach first timers and have some great tips!

Oh, and my fasest marathon was a 2:19, but I didn't really do that distance, mostly 10k (PR 28:33), 5k (pr 13:54) and the mile (PR 4:05) I grew up in Oregon running (what else?) so that was always my strong point......;)

Good luck and happy shaving!

melissacd
12-24-2007, 07:52 PM
The more of us who shave the less out of place we will look, it will become the norm so go ahead and keep them shaven.

I have shaved my legs, arms and chest for almost two years now and the only ones who noticed were my son (told him it was a mid-life thing) and my ex (and I really am not concerned about her thoughts on these matters anymore) and I have a pool :-)

CassieJ
12-24-2007, 08:47 PM
Got tired of shaving a few weeks ago so my wife just waxed me. Much smoother and no bumps and such after a day or two.

CJ

Alice B
12-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Been to the pool, the beach and everywhere else a manly man would go. With my legs shaved 7/24. Never had a problem or negative comment. Shaved legs for swimmers is very common. Keep em clean and enjoy it.:happy:

angelfire
12-24-2007, 11:05 PM
I actually had a brief discussion with some acquaintances recently with regards to men with shaven legs. 2 girls were saying its pretty weird and un-masculine, and they find it unattractive, and had no idea why guys would do that. I simply said "Uhhh....Athletes? helps with aerodynamics. Swimmers & cyclists in particular", but they were still kinda like "yea, I guess..."

Body hair, from my experiences, is really a personal opinion thing. I know some girls who love guys who are totally shaven (or they hate it when men have back hair, ass hair, or chest hair). I've actually had a few male friends tell me I should shave my chest & back. I likely will at some point, just haven't yet. I want a tattoo anyway, and tats generally don't look great under body hair.

I say go for it, especially since you are an athlete.

Babette
12-29-2007, 06:19 AM
I swim every day and keep both the legs and upper body clean. There has never been one person to make a comment. If anyone should ever ask, I would be quick to say that it is a personal choice and therefore my reasons would be personal too.

Most of my swimming associates know that I am a hard-core diver as well. Pulling on wetsuits sans the hair is much easier.

The next time you go to a public beach or crowded pool, take notice of the number of men that either shave or have little or no hair on their body naturally. I suspect that few of us would even notice without making the effort.

Babette

Girly Sara
12-29-2007, 07:34 AM
Hi all!

I always have my legs and the rest of my body shaved. No one blinks an eye-lid! I've even worn bikini bottoms around the swimming pool on holiday in Majorca this year (not too conspicuous though!)

Sara xxx

spiky heels
12-29-2007, 04:35 PM
I wax mine and have done for over ten years. In that time I have never had any comment and with you training for a sport that people shave their legs for you have no need to worry. Go fo it

Deanna2
12-29-2007, 04:48 PM
You'd be amazed at what people don't notice even if you had a sign. You will probably be the only one in the pool that knows your legs are shaved. You could even have painted toenails and no one would notice.

I'd stick to worrying about times and endurance - things that matter.

Alex!
12-29-2007, 07:21 PM
In Brazil, most dudes shave their bodies. Cyclists and swimmers around the world do the same. In fact, body builders shave as well. No one really gives a damn. If you look feminine when in guy mode, though, it will be confusing for folks (but who cares?).

I'm blonde, so shaving my hair is less obvious. I do not, however, shave in the summer.

SandyR
12-29-2007, 07:48 PM
I shave my legs every day. Also doing laser hair removal on my Chest and Back, Plan to do my legs next year. I've never had even a look, in-fact about 1 in 3 guys I work out with shave there legs too.

Hugs.

SandyR

Phyliss
12-29-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't wear shorts, except at the gym. Have had smooth legs for about three years now. NOT a word from anybody at the gym. Fact is, I see a few others there with little or no hair on their legs either.

gabe
12-30-2007, 09:31 AM
I used to take part in triathlons, in between triathlon events I would ride a lot of centuries (100 miles) on the weekends. I swam in the Masters Swim program at the local Y, most people shaved, in fact, some of them shaved their legs and underarms in the shower. A lot of the faster swimmers in the center lanes used to compete at the collegiate level, some were all-American swimmers. You will have no trouble with shaved legs. The feeling of a shaved body gliding through the water makes your workout so much more enjoyable.

MarciManseau
12-30-2007, 11:00 AM
I agree with what's been said here. Before I went full time, my legs were always shaved, and only one woman asked me about it. I just said bare legs look so much more "evolved", and that men with a lot of hair are a real turn off for me. Surprisingly, she agreed with me.

Also a doctor asked me why I shaved my legs, and I simply said - to remove the hair. He didn't ask more.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

obsessedwithpantyhose
12-30-2007, 11:19 AM
SHAVE EM,,,i read somewheres that pro swimers train while wearing pantyhose to increas drag, no pun intended :2c:

i get asked if i shave my legs only AFTER they have noticed im wearing pantyhose:p

androgyne
12-30-2007, 12:03 PM
In Brazil, most dudes shave their bodies.

Interesting, I guess I'll have to take a vacation in Brazil :)

Susancd
12-30-2007, 04:56 PM
I would just like to add to what the other girls have said, I too have been to the pool on numerous occasions and no one has even commented. Go for it!!!!

Emma Chase
12-30-2007, 06:46 PM
I got to the beach, the pool or where ever with shaved legs.

OK I also shave my chest keep arm hair at a reasonble length and keep my arm pits clean too.. so I guess I just have the all over smooth look.

In the times we live in its not uncommon to see guys shaved... call it metrosexual or whatever you wish, guys are now embrassing this freedom and why the heck not!

Thats my :2c:

Emma

Annie D
12-30-2007, 09:23 PM
I shave my legs daily and wear shorts to coach at the high school level. Occasionally a student will ask (maybe once or twice a semester) if I shave my legs and I tell them the truth. When and if they ask why, I reply that it feels good and that my wife likes it. There are a lot of young male coaches who shave their legs and whether we are gay or straight really doesn't matter. No one, except for you, will think twice about it. Shaved legs really, really look great with a tan and in the winter I go tan to make my legs look better.

Vickifur
12-30-2007, 10:40 PM
I have done 43 triathlons over a 9 year period. Started shaving down year 3 when I discovered that I was the fastest in the 'non shaved legs' division. This will be a no brainer among the tri-crowd, trust me. All my training partners shaved. Honestly, I think it makes the legs look fantastic in a non CD way, muscular, fit, defined.

Let me know if I can be of any help. I had a very good career in tri-dom, wish I could dress as well as I raced.