PDA

View Full Version : Masculine features before T

Drake
12-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Personality aside, who has had masculine features before taking Testosterone? And if you're not taking it currently, do you feel you have some natural masculine features? By this, I mean, hair (anywhere), voice, bone structure, muscles, etc.

For me, I have a ton of hair, I mean a lot. As a girl, it ain't so pretty. You gotta shave it all. As a guy, you don't. I'm one of the few ftm's that have natural facial hair. I'm not on T yet I get to shave. I don't mind it at all since I can pretend I'm a guy when I'm shaving. I have very thick eyebrows too.

I have a weird jaw but I'm not sure what to classify that as. I have broad shoulders too. Whenever I get muscles in my legs, they look very masculine.

But my voice. That's one thing I don't want to lose. I love voice acting and can do both male and female voices. It freaks out my friends when I show them my evil male laugh. I'm worried if I start T, I'll lose my ability do female voices. Besides, I'm often mistaken for my brother on the phone by his friends and my own family. (I can post it maybe if you guys are interested.)

Anyway, I guess I was made to change. :heehee:

(I do have very feminin features too but the masculine outweigh them. Besides, THAT can be removed...)

ZenFrost
12-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Well if I don't shave my face, people can tell. That's about it though. I've got a very feminine figure, noticeable breasts, and a really girly voice. It's a miracle I can pass at all.

bi_weird
12-24-2007, 01:33 AM
I'm six foot tall with broad shoulders. That's about it, but more than enough to satisfy me. Small chested helps too - it's not impossible to hide. But I'm super skinny, which just doesn't look manly at all.

wanttobejoe
12-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Let's see, I'm not very hairy, but I do have hair on my belly. I've got a few hairs here and there on my face, but not that many. As far as masculine facial features go I do have a large nose.

My voice is probably the most feminine feature I have. It's rather high and apparently I speak in a feminine way as well.

My build is probably the most masculine about me. Although I'm not tall (5'9"), I am big-boned (as in actually having broad wrists and ancles, not as in being overweight, although I'm that too). I have fairly broad shoulders, not much hip and no waist (not even when I wasn't overweight). So I don't have the hourglass figure associated with being a woman. I'm more square-shaped. I do have large breasts though. Probably because of this, when people who don't know me approach me from behind I'm very often mistaken for a man, not so much when they see me from the front or side.

Oh, and according to my mother I walk the same way as my father. :heehee:

Kieron Andrew
12-24-2007, 07:06 AM
ive been told if it wasnt for my breasts id pass for a 15yr old boy....i have hairy legs (definitely more than a woman or a 15yr old boy), my voice isnt high for a woman, but its not low for a man either...so sometimes i get away with it but then i get told i sound like a small boy on the phone

CaptLex
12-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Personality aside, who has had masculine features before taking Testosterone?
Pre-T, I guess my only real masculine feature was body and facial hair. I did shave my face even before starting T, but nowhere near as often as now. I was also told more than once that my back and shoulders were masculine, so some people thought I resembled a guy from behind. :thumbsup:

As for the voice, mine was kind of high before and I can't even dream of hitting the notes I used to now, so I'm pretty sure if you go on T you'll probably lose the ability to do female voices too. :straightface:

ZenFrost
12-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Although I'm not tall (5'9")

:eek: 5'9" isn't tall? Wow, I feel even shorter now...

CaptLex
12-24-2007, 01:11 PM

Ditto! I was thinking the same thing . . . :p

Kieron Andrew
12-24-2007, 01:12 PM

im 4ft 8 how do think i feel :heehee:

BadassBabyBrother
12-24-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't know about masculine features, but people seem to (or seemed to, in past tense) to think I'm a male, especially with the short hair. I think it's the combination of my face and my size (5'10" with broad shoulders and otherwise large body).

I hope that answered your question atleast some.

EDIT: And guys, Big Fun in a Small Package, remember... :p

ZenFrost
12-24-2007, 02:24 PM
EDIT: And guys, Big Fun in a Small Package, remember... :p

And the little ones pack the biggest punch. :Punch:

wanttobejoe
12-24-2007, 03:49 PM

I guess it all depends who you compare yourself with and my point of view may be a little skewed. :D

The Netherlands is known for its tall people and at 5'9" I'm slightly over average length for a woman. However, my father for instance is 6'4" and I work in a department with about 20 guys, and only 1 is shorter than me (and just by 1 inch or so). Of those 20, 6 or 7 are in the range of 6'3" to 6'7" and we even have one guy who is 7'2" ! So you can see, why I don't feel tall. :tongueout

Felix
12-24-2007, 08:47 PM
I've always had broad shoulders for a girl and cos I work out and gain muscle easily it makes this more noticeable. I don't mind really I'm used to it. People have told me I look like a man from behind when i just got my underwear on lol.I know when I build my legs up they are very muscular and have been told even without hairs that I got mans legs. I do get very hairy legs but usually get fed up with them and end up shaving them. I have like a mustache which I have to shave cos its dark and very noticeable and gets pointed out mainly by kids. My chin hairs are becoming a pain I shave them and they do grow back more and they are dark too. I get hairs on my stomach not loads but enough. As for my voice it is lower than the average female. I don't have a problem passing really even more so now I lost weight xx Felix :hugs:

Taylor105
01-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Well lets just face it, I'm five three 115 pounds and very petite. It sucks. But as far as masculine traits. I have a pretty androgonous voice. It can go either way. I have hairs growing around my nipples which cracks me up. My legs are pretty hairy as are my forearms. That's about it. I also want to say that as a second degree black belt that dynamite truly does come in small packages. You can ask some of the many gorwn men that I have taken down to the mat. lol

Nicki B
01-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Ditto! I was thinking the same thing . . . :p

Ahem... :wave: Want me to call him a short arse? :tongueout

IMHO, Kieron's facial features have become much more masculine now he wears his hair short..

CaptLex
01-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Ahem... :wave: Want me to call him a short arse? :tongueout
I think most people would be a "short arse" to you, Nicki. :daydreaming: But I'm glad you're so tall - so much easier to spot in the midtown crowds. :heehee:

Kieron Andrew
01-06-2008, 05:48 PM
IMHO, Kieron's facial features have become much more masculine now he wears his hair short..
:D:hugs:and i didnt even have to pay her to say that :heehee:, but i have to agree, very rarely now do i see a female person in the mirror or pictures, hairstyles help a face be masculine or feminine one way or the other

Sares
01-09-2008, 05:14 AM
I'm the newbie! I'll chip in...

Like Taylor, I'm very petite (5'5-ish and 90 lbs!) and always have been. I pass as a 10-year-old boy when I'm not trying. Apparently I look so much like a 10-year-old boy that I have to consciously try to pass as a female -- and I'm a bio female and I live as one! (Although a boyish one, still trying to figure out my gender identity...) My new year's resolution is to gain weight, which may promote me from being 10 years old to...oh, 13 or so. :happy:

I also have a mostly flat chest (if I ever try to pass as a boy, I won't need binders!), an Adam's apple (seriously -- my doctor used to think that my low body weight was a thyroid problem!), an androgynous voice (I think...), thick eyebrows, a round-ish sort of face (I think I look like a boy from the nose down), and broad shoulders for a girl. I don't have much in the way of body hair, but I do have one single chest hair. Just one. :o Hehe...

I'm visiting relatives right now, but when I get back to NYC I'm going to put on my most masculine clothes (hoodie, jeans, thick shoes, baseball cap), tuck my hair behind my ears, and spend some time in public. I'm curious to see how well I really do pass, just as a little experiment. (That's the great thing about living in a city of eight million people -- if you want to be someone else for a day, you can just slip off and be incognito!)

P.S.: For those of you who do pass as men but think your voices sound feminine: don't worry about it. I work with a 23-year-old man, who has always been a man, and when he answers the phones in our office he gets Ma'am-ed on a regular basis. Callers who think he's a woman outnumber callers who recognize him as a man. Poor thing! :heehee: