PDA

View Full Version : Places where it feels nice to X-Dress

Eugenie
12-24-2007, 02:45 AM
I'm starting that thread following a nice comment on my latest post in the picture gallery:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73438

So they are pretty cool about CD's in Paris?

Yes indeed it feels great to go out "en femme" in Paris. I most enjoyed it as well as all the others sisters who were in Paris.

But there are other places where CDing is well accepted. For me, I feel that Brussels is even more tollerant than Paris in that respect. I've never had any negative comments there. In several shops I had no problem asking to try a skirt or a top. Twice in the Rue Neuve C&A the sales attendant proposed it to me as soon as I saidthat I was buying those items for myself.

I plan to visit New York City, a place where I lives for many years and enjoy going out "en femme" for walks as well as for shopping... I've never done it there so I wander what it is like in the Big Apple?

More generally, what are your experiences with cool cities with regard to x-dressing? That may be a useful information for those of us who would like to travel and enjoy being "en femme"...

:hugs:
Eugenie

eden_medea
12-24-2007, 03:28 AM
I go out dressed to nyc all the time since I have friends there and I'm only about an hour away. No one has bothered me personally in NYC, haven't even noticed second glances. Last time I went into the city was for my friend Kat's birthday and we went to a burlesque show with a bunch of people... for some reason there were a lot of birthdays there that night and they told all the b-day girls to come up on stage... so when she was going up she grabbed my wrist and dragged me on stage with her because the last act actually was a transvestite stripper, lol... i notice a lot of genetic girls like to sort of hang out with us as like a status thing or something like that, it must make them feel good to know girls like us for some reason just as it helps us to have friends like them.

Andine
12-24-2007, 03:57 AM
Eugene!
I think you would have a great time in Sydney Aust. as well. !!
Particularly if you rolled up around late Feb ... As the 1st of March is the Gay and Les Mardi Gras! You would need to book early ( about now ) to get a room in Oxford st Paddington ( check out maps as the parade ends in Taylors Sq and the subburb changes there as well ) ... Just to the east is a hotel called Sullivans, that I can recommend. They were very nice when I decided to hazard a w/end en-femme last year. I looked reasonable and they treated me extremely well. I walked all over the CBD and no one looked at me sideways! Most hotels in the Sydney environs will look after you just as well, as the whole city gets turned on to the show.

Its not as spectacular ar Rio, but its OK!
http://newmardigrasltd.createsend4.com/viewEmail.aspx?cID=3387AC08BF961375&sID=46E189DE9E4925DC&dID=5CB9CB5A1CE688CE
All the best for X-mas !

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-24-2007, 04:29 AM
Renaissance Faires!

No problems going out dressed there and if someone notices... no one cares!

*hugs*
Zara

Joy Carter
12-24-2007, 04:38 AM
I live in the Mid West, and so far I have had no real problems going out here. I prefer doing the main stream things, like shopping, eating out and museums.

Carla Mel
12-24-2007, 04:50 AM
I gues most of the cities (except in Arab coutries) have some cd friendly areas, and some tough neighboroods..
Paris, some neighbouroods I will not recommend (Pigalle for example) to go alone, and others are OK. And in every city where I have been, there are always places with some risk, and some cd friendly neighbouroods, I'm speaking about cities of a reasonable size of course.
Kisses
Carla

Dawn Marie
12-24-2007, 08:13 AM
I have been at the malls, rodeo events, concerts museums and other places around Houston, Texas and have had no real porblem with anybody. Most people are friendly and the rest just don't care.

Eugenie
12-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Thanks fot thos very nice comments.

I have been several times in Montreal but never came out dressed "en femme".

However given the very friendly attitude of some sales attendants when I bought high heel shoes and women underwear, I assume Montreal must be CD friendly...

I may visit again soon... So if there are sisters from Montreal, I'd be glad to have their point of view. If I do visit Montreal again, I will tell here...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Sarah Doepner
12-24-2007, 09:21 AM
What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas.