PDA

View Full Version : Salons are FUN!

DanaJ
12-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Since I go to the salon so much, I thought I'd start a thread about it. I have so much fun whenever I go, and here is a pic from my last nail appointment.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/460749/dec17-2.jpg

My nail tech rocks! She is very accepting and after seeing some of my pix has expressed interest in trying her hand at a makeover, so she and I have been playing around in the salon lately, my last makeover and photos are in this thread in the pic gallery: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73594

Everyone at the salon I go to now all seem genuinely friendly and are curious about me. After the "Is he gay?" question is over, they are all very cool with it.

Anyway, I just wanted to sayhow much fun I have whenever I go. I need all the help I can get anyway :)

MAJESTYK
12-24-2007, 02:03 PM
I Have both a salon and a nail shop right below me in the building I live in! I would love to go, buT just cant get up the nerve. Perhaps it's because the women that owns it is my landlady. It's terrible living in the cold this time of year...LOL

KayHenderson
12-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I need all the help I can get anyway :)

Well, I take issue with you on that point.:happy:

Are those your nails, or do you have acrylics? I'm thinking seriously about treating myself to some office-length acrylics after the holidays. I know they require maintenance, but my natural nails are terrible.

Michelle I
12-24-2007, 02:11 PM
DanaJ:

You were such an influence on me that I got the courage up to have acrylics done:D. I found a small shop and have been going back for fills. They treat me wonderful even in male mode. She alway wants to know what color I want each time.
Love your nails and Thanks:hugs:
Melissa

DanaJ
12-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Those are acrylics Kay, I like gels better but my nail tech doesn't like to do them.

And MAJESTYK? Just go to another salon, but make it in another city if you don;t want your landlady to find out - somehow these salon girls seem to always know what going on everywhere :)

Melissa - thanks for that! I usually go in male mode too when I get my fills, but this was a special occasion.

Nicole Erin
12-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Now see, when a certain member here is always telling people to smile, this is how it is done.
Dana NEVER looks unhappy when dressed.

I think this thread could be a sticky, and labeled "how to smile for pics"

Sooner or later Dana is going to have to make over those ladies. oh wait, I think she already did :D [Dana knows the joke]

Sinthia
12-24-2007, 06:13 PM
I Have both a salon and a nail shop right below me in the building I live in! I would love to go, buT just cant get up the nerve. Perhaps it's because the women that owns it is my landlady. It's terrible living in the cold this time of year...LOL

So find another shop in town and get your nails painted there. You will not regret it. I have had mine done about 6 times now, and love it.

Angie G
12-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Dana you have nice hands hun :hugs:
Angie

Joy Carter
12-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Dana I'm starting to worry about you . This salon thing can be very habit forming.
I'm just jealous. Ignore me OK ? :rolleyes:

highheelqueen
12-24-2007, 10:26 PM
so where is this magic land

Stephenie S
12-25-2007, 12:18 AM
Now see, when a certain member here is always telling people to smile, this is how it is done.
Dana NEVER looks unhappy when dressed.

I think this thread could be a sticky, and labeled "how to smile for pics"

Sooner or later Dana is going to have to make over those ladies. oh wait, I think she already did :D [Dana knows the joke]

Yup!

JackieInPA
12-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Is that the Rejuvenessence spa?

terrigurl
12-25-2007, 08:29 AM
I always get my makeup and nails done at a salon. I have tried doing it myself, only to be unsatisfied with the results. There is no better feeling than to be pampered like a salon does. At one I go to, one woman does my nails, while another does my makeup. It makes me feel like a queen -- no pun intended. I love being made to feel so relaxed and so comfortable. And, when I am done, I love to admire their work. It is just great.

Terri

maryjanecapri
12-25-2007, 08:55 AM
i'm a stylist in a salon. i keep waiting for my fellow girlz to start coming in. but it's hard to get word out to a group of people who don't show there faces anywhere regularly. now if we had a CT/TG/TV group here (we used to have one called The Bluegrass Belles - but it disbanned) it would be easier to let girlz know they have a TG stylist they can trust.

DanaJ
12-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

Erin, sometimes those are not smiles, but grimaces that look like smiles :D

Joy, you are right, I am addicted LOL And I would never ignore you ;)

highheelqueen, all you have to do is click your heels together three times and say "There's no place like my salon"

Jackie - nope, it's not that salon, wrong state :)

Sharon
12-25-2007, 10:28 AM
I think the USONTAHS (United Society of Nail Technicians and Hair Stylists) should hire you to promote their work. Do you need an agent? :happy:

JackieInPA
12-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Wow looks just like the place i got my ahlloween and the person doing the nails looks exactally teh same from behind.

Eugenie
12-25-2007, 05:31 PM
You seem to enjoy yourself very much... I envy you, even though I know that envy is a sin...:devil:

Seriously I really would like to go,through the salon's experience sometimes...

It must be great to have someone taking care of you...

:hugs:
Eugenie

StacyCD
12-25-2007, 07:56 PM
One of the things on my list for 2008 is to have my nails done! I just wish I looked 1/10 as good as you do!