PDA

View Full Version : What type of earrings do you wear when in drab?

Bobbie Jo
12-24-2007, 11:46 PM
I myself have been wanting to wear earrings for a while now, but before I get my ears pierced I really need some input on what everyone wears.Help me girls....

Stephenie S
12-25-2007, 12:03 AM
I don't wear "drab" any longer, but when I did, I wore small gold studs in each ear. They were almost un-noticable.

If you are worried about comments, there are PLENTY of manly earings available. You can get Harley Davidson earings, sports earings, and even religious earings. How about little gold crosses to silence all those who would try to say earings on men are un Godly?

In any case, my little gold studs never drew ANY adverse comments at all.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Bobbie Jo
12-25-2007, 12:19 AM
That's a good one about ''un godly".
Thanks Steph..

Rebecca_B
12-25-2007, 12:26 AM
I wear small little silver studs. Occasionally get odd looks, but oh well. They are my ears.

Marvina Martian
12-25-2007, 12:30 AM
I have had titanium hoops that I hve had since 1994. They are fairly small and don't look too girly so most of the time people really don't even notice!

Bobbie Jo
12-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Hey Bre Rue,
I kinda like the idea of the small hoops too, but haven't seen them on anyone.I'm kinda a tough guy and drive f250 4x4 so I really don't know what the other rednecks will think..lol..

JackieInPA
12-25-2007, 12:51 AM
I wear two diamond studs..works for male and female...no one ever commetnss.

androgyne
12-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Hey Bre Rue,
I kinda like the idea of the small hoops too, but haven't seen them on anyone.I'm kinda a tough guy and drive f250 4x4 so I really don't know what the other rednecks will think..lol..

Many men today, young and old, wear earrings in both ears, everything from diamond studs, to small hoops, to large gauge plugs. It really isn't a big deal anymore and a non-issue to most people, since it's so mainstream, like tattoos.

andreaattimes
12-25-2007, 01:19 AM
I have 3 sets, for now. A set of silver studs(my starter set), diamond studs, and small silver hoops. Haven't had any negative comments.
A good friend of my brother wear gold hoops all the time. He works in the same mine as my brother, drives a pickup, and is going to teach me how to hunt next deer season. So yes manly-men wear ear rings.

Teddie
12-25-2007, 05:31 AM
I switch between 3 pairs. My favorite is a pair of small diamond studs. The others are a pair of small gold studs, and a pair of small stainless steel studs. The stainless steel pair is good for guy mode as they're not shiney and blend in well.

tanya3
12-25-2007, 06:10 AM
i wear adiamond stud in each ear . never had any negative comments it seems to be so common now .

christina marie
12-25-2007, 06:24 AM
usually diamond studs or gold wire hoops, sometimes little pink crystal hearts. Daughter and i are both getting a cartilage piercing today!:D just go for it, you'll love them!

Kelsy
12-25-2007, 06:38 AM
I wear hoops in each ear and a diamond stud in the third hole!!:D

Kelsy

Sally24
12-25-2007, 08:03 AM
I have three pair that I play with in boy mode. My favorite are very small hoops in 14k yellow gold. They're so small they barely clear my lobes. Then I have tiny stud balls for being low key. And finally I have a set of peridot studs my daughter gave me. I wear those when I want to stand out a little more.

If you're a "tuff guy" I think those kind of guys do whatever they want when they want to!:cool:

susie d
12-25-2007, 10:10 AM
I drive an F 250 4 X 4, have long hair, and wear earrings 24/7. Usually in drab it is a small gold ball stud in each ear that I purchased when I got my ears pierced. When I feel more daring I wear small gold hoops that just clear my lobes. 3 years now and just a handful of negative comments that seemed more jealousy than demeaning. DO IT! BE PROUD! After awhile you will forget they are even in and just tell them if they ask why, ask them why not? Just tell them it is something YOU want!

Later, you will forget to take out your "other" earrings at an inappropriate time and you probably won't even get a comment? Then you can tell us all about it.

breanna53
12-25-2007, 10:17 AM
I had mine pierced quite awhile back, i wore small diamond studs ( there were cubic zarconias) . caught alot of flak at work , should have gooten small studs. after about 8 months, i stopped wearing them to work every day. I travel alot so when i am out of the office, i'll wear a smalll stud. When dreseed i love long dangley earrings. I have seen some invisable studs some of the other people here posted, thy might be an option for you. Also saw mention of fishing line in another past post

Carroll
12-25-2007, 10:26 AM
I wear two gold studs on the top two and diamond studs or small hoops on the bottom two

MAJESTYK
12-25-2007, 10:53 AM
I wear three celtic design hoops and have for a long time. I'm definitely a macho LOOKING man and have never had a comment. In my Volunteer job I am thinking of this coming season wearing Native style jingle cones. For those who dont know what they are, they are long dangle earrings with little cones that make noise and usually some beads. Talk about hiding in plain sight huh?

audrey-lynn
12-25-2007, 10:59 AM
I wear two diamond studs or small silver hoops. Been thinking about getting one more for my left ear but not sure yet.

DebbieThomas
12-25-2007, 11:29 AM
every day wear 1/4k diamond stud in each ear. sometimes I like the change things up like wearing pink lady bug earrings. the wife and I went out shopping on my bday, she bought me a set of 1/4k diamond hoops. very femme looking had to wear them out of the store after cleaning them first. as we were walking around the mall, she was looking at jewellery she says why dont you get your ears pierced again, 20 minutes later I had my second set :D cant wait to change out theses cheap set for the real thing.

what you think? too femme for guy mode

kaitlin
12-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey Bobbie Jo, I wear a set of gold hoops, about 1/2 inch, 24/7. As far as the macho thingy, it's your ears and you need to do what makes you happy. Your friends or people you meet that don't like it will either get over it or die with it...it's their choice. Kaitlin

Bobbie Jo
12-25-2007, 12:52 PM
I want to thank all you girls for your input.I can see now that I have a wide choice.They are my ears and I should treat them the way I want. Ya'll gave me alot of choices and am very thankful of that.
Just before I got on here today I was on ebay and checked out mens earrings. Wow,I didn't know that there was so many choices for the boys.My favorite there were these little pink stone studs.Even though there pink I still think the'll look good in guy mode. Thank's again girls,i'll get back on later and let ya'll know of my choice...I Love This Place..

Niya W
12-25-2007, 01:29 PM
I have three that I alternate with. ,Cubic , pink and blue. One day I showed up with the pink and blue ear rings in. I got a few looks

Nikki A.
12-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Diamond studs in drab and no comments at all.

mollytyler
12-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Only 'drab' mode now is 'girl drab'....my first daring move was in HS when had ears pierced....had long hair anyhow which would hide....but before came out of closet to many, i just wore a piece of notted fishing line to keep hole open in those first paranoid times.....months later just went with the small silver studs when not out as Molly....college...just went full time with any style that fancied the whim of the day...now just simple diamond studs for day-wear....GO FOR IT!!! Times have changes and in 'guy drab' I don't think it is a big deal anymore

suzy
12-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Oh Phooey!!!:(

Am I the only one here that doesn't have my ears pierced!!!:eek:

CathyKR
12-26-2007, 01:12 PM
the wife and I went out shopping on my bday, she bought me a set of 1/4k diamond hoops. very femme looking had to wear them out of the store after cleaning them first.

I love these and wear them too - very easy to put in and take off with my long, long nails, as they have a stud-type butterfly clip at the back. Closed-in hoops (or sleepers, as we call them in the UK) are a bitch to handle with long claws. I wear these with diamond studs and gold studs in my triple-pierced ears. I love the femme look even when in drab (which is most of the time).

As an aside, for me, the borderline between "drab" and being femme-dressed is very blurred, as I love to wear femme styles even when in drab - e.g. round-collared blouses, velvet blouses/shirts, suede high-heeled boots, furs.

Tracy Lynn
12-26-2007, 01:16 PM
These are my everydays.

shauna 9
12-26-2007, 05:50 PM
I wear small little silver studs.

Lindahexi
12-26-2007, 06:00 PM
When in drab I wear diamond studs, but when en femme I prefer dangly ones with plenty of swing.