PDA

View Full Version : Question? Tan lines? Wife and I just had a

Michelle-NC
12-25-2007, 05:24 PM
discussion about tan lines.. She seriously ponders why I would want to have tan lines up top. Not that it bothers her but she just thinks it is funny that she avoids tan lines at all costs and for me I want them. Then she looks at the practical side of it, as far as dressing... no tan lines means no tan lines showing with different shirts/dresses etc..(strapless etc)... It just got me thinking... what are your thoughts on this subject.

:-)

Michelle

Lisa Golightly
12-25-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm with her :)

Eugenie
12-25-2007, 05:28 PM
I would tend to aggree with your wife... Why would one want to have visible tan lines?

Most women try to avoid them at all cost...

But you may have your own reasons... Let us know...

Eugenie

Jodi
12-25-2007, 06:49 PM
If you are going out dressed and going sleeveless, visable tan lines are a dead giveaway. If you have tan lines, cover them up.

Jodi

Pamela Julie
12-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Forget about visible tan lines. They will only work with the outfit you had on while getting a tan. Besides, UV exposure ages your skin no matter what kind of lotions you use. If using a tanning cream, use it all over for no tan lines.

StacyCD
12-25-2007, 07:47 PM
I think tan lines are very feminine and sexy. It will probably not happen for me in my life, but concerns for UV radiation aside, tan lines would mean that I was wearing something feminine outside in broad daylight. I mean this is the 'holy grail' as far as crossdressing is concerned! The only down side is that they can not be as easily removed as lipstick!

Donna Beebs
12-25-2007, 08:01 PM
I think tan lines are very feminine and sexy. It will probably not happen for me in my life, but concerns for UV radiation aside, tan lines would mean that I was wearing something feminine outside in broad daylight. I mean this is the 'holy grail' as far as crossdressing is concerned! The only down side is that they can not be as easily removed as lipstick!

Well, in my youth I suntanned at a tanning salon wearing a bra and panty set. I tanned ten times. My doctor didn't blink, but my wife said I was crazy.

Donna.:eek:

Angie G
12-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Why would you? :hugs:
Angie

Genifer Teal
12-25-2007, 09:08 PM
I avoid Man Tans at all costs. That means the typical half arm and neck/collar tans. It would look out of place in something sleeveless. As for tans a woman might have, I only allow myself a tan line at my bikini bottom. With a thong bottom it is not that much to leave un-tanned. On the rare occasion it is visible, it is kind of fun. It is even below my lowest low-rise jeans and they are low. Like others have said, any tanlines up top would only work (if at all) with the original top that made them.

On a different note, I have heard it suggested that a bikini top tan in the chest area (not the straps) could give shading as if you were creating the look of clevage. I get the idea but this could be difficult to implement. I think it would have to be just right to work.

Gen

ColleenCD
12-25-2007, 09:22 PM
I avoid tan lines. We have enough issues with CDing without asking for it. I tan a couple of times a week, but without any tan lines. :D

Colleen

Sedona
12-25-2007, 09:46 PM
I like them, especially a thong tan line. ****ty I know, but I think it's hot. Going to the electric beach is a no-go for me (too long for them to fade), so I use a self tanner. Works great, and lasts only a week, so you can go back to normal.

kikiw
12-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Sedona - I'm with you - the thong tan line is a turn on in a less-than-classy way. Not sure I'd go through the effort to achieve one of my own though... so many other things to do to pass well!

kiki

veronicagirl
12-25-2007, 10:38 PM
Now, I think bikini tan lines on a gal are sexy as all heck. Had a local, cute bartender gal last summer come in to work one day with short shorts and a tube top. Above the tube top were obvious bikini top tan lines. WOW! I have a string bikini and on extremely hot days I put on both parts and go out on my deck. But....I only lay down for 2-3 minutes. I get the feeling of being out in a bikini just for the tan lines, but I don't get them.

Cherry Lynn
12-25-2007, 10:51 PM
I think tan lines on a GG are sexy also. I have been tanning in a thong for some time and just recently started tanning in a bra and it does seem to create the illusion of cleavage. I agree with the statement about it being ****ty and I love it.

Marvina Martian
12-26-2007, 01:01 AM
I'm with you on the thong tan lines! I have been thinking about doing this myself....:heehee:
I have to get rid of my cycling tan lines some how....... ;)

Jamies way
12-26-2007, 01:11 AM
discussion about tan lines.. She seriously ponders why I would want to have tan lines up top. Not that it bothers her but she just thinks it is funny that she avoids tan lines at all costs and for me I want them. Then she looks at the practical side of it, as far as dressing... no tan lines means no tan lines showing with different shirts/dresses etc..(strapless etc)... It just got me thinking... what are your thoughts on this subject.

:-)

Michelle
I agree with the mass on this one.. I have a thong line tan which I Love. I avoid any other..

Love the skin your in...

vivianann
12-26-2007, 02:24 AM
I agree with your wife, listen to her. I avoid the sun as much as possible so I do not burn or age my skin.

Trish
12-26-2007, 08:00 AM
When my wife and I are out in the backyard pool, I wear nothing but fem bathing suits. I have several different ones, but they have left me with visable tan lines. It looks like I have white triangles on my chest, and bikini line around my hips.

LindaTS
12-26-2007, 10:48 AM
I personally kind of like tan lines. Now that I have small, but real breasts I think it looks great. I wear an orange 2-piece bikini when out sunning on the deck. If any of you go this route just remember that they don't go away for a long time.

TxKimberly
12-26-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm with your wife. :-) I dislike tan lines, and HATE the "farmers tan" on the arms that most of us stuck with.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
12-26-2007, 11:11 AM
During the summer months I will be on my deck taking in the sun with nothing but a thong swim suit, bottom only, to tan. I like the tan line that the bottom makes, especially on the backside. A small triangular patch with tanned buns and a triangular patch over the front section. So Sexy.:happy::happy:

Jilmac
12-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Working in the building trades all my life, I have had some pretty prominent "farmers tans" which really show when I wear tanks or sleeveless tops. So I think I too will have to agree with your wife. Get an even tan or no tan at all. My:2c: worth Jill

AnnaMaria
12-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Personally I think that tan lines on the bottom are very sexy, though I don't care for thongs myself. I would much rather see more coverage, but that is a personal preference. As far as the upper half I don't really see a need for them on the back which is probably why you see so many gg's tan laying on their stomachs and the top of their suits unhooked.

That said you also have to remember that like someone else mentioned in an earlier reply there is an advantage to having tan lines on the chest. With the right outfit the tan can help with the illuision of having clevage where you don't have any.

Of course for me to achieve such a look I would have to tan in one of my regular bras because both of my swimsuits are cut high enough that I would not be able to get such an effect.

Just remember that if you have a naturally light complection and you burn your tanlines will show for several years before they fade completely.

mollytyler
12-26-2007, 01:09 PM
No tan lines.....allows for more dressing options

Amanda Nicole
02-15-2008, 01:09 AM
I don't get much sun time, but prefer to get whatever tan I get from wearing tank tops. One thing I consciously do is use sunscreen to avoid the typical male partial-arm-and-collar tan. That's so unflattering!

But Molly, I'd sure love to have a tan from that top you're wearing in your avatar! You go, girl!

Amanda Nicole
"Mandy"

becomingkimberly
02-15-2008, 10:28 AM
From spending time as a volunteer with my son's summer swim team I have noticed that the female life guards and coaches try to minimize the strap marks their bathing suits leave. They seem to regularly move where the straps lie on their shoulders and backs. From memories of beach trips many years ago I can remember women who when they were tanning face down would unfasten their bikini tops so their backs were strap mark free. The only area that had significant tan lines were the triangles over their breasts.
So I guess if we CDers want "feminine tan lines" we really need just those triangles over the breasts. That is if we want to deal with that much UV exposure anyways.

shauna 9
02-15-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm with your wife.