PDA

View Full Version : Any visited Napa while dressed?

Michelle-NC
12-26-2007, 06:43 PM
Wife and I have gotten into wine hugely as of late. It has become a real passion, and so for our anniversary, I have promised to take her out to Napa Valley and visit some wineries. I had asked if it was possible for Michelle to come out one night while there, as we would not know anyone! She said fine...

Today, she IM's me, and asks, can just Michelle go? After the initial shock, I asked what she meant...and she explained that she thought it would be a blast to have Michelle there from the minute we arrived until we left. All she could picture is me dressed in nice little capris, ked shoes and a shirt walking through the vineyards...I couldn't help but laugh....

So now, the question, and really directed towards those wonderful California gals, has anyone been to any of the wineries while dressed? And does anyone know of any good CD friendly hotels there?

serinalynn
12-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Wife and I have gotten into wine hugely as of late. It has become a real passion, and so for our anniversary, I have promised to take her out to Napa Valley and visit some wineries. I had asked if it was possible for Michelle to come out one night while there, as we would not know anyone! She said fine...

Today, she IM's me, and asks, can just Michelle go? After the initial shock, I asked what she meant...and she explained that she thought it would be a blast to have Michelle there from the minute we arrived until we left. All she could picture is me dressed in nice little capris, ked shoes and a shirt walking through the vineyards...I couldn't help but laugh....

So now, the question, and really directed towards those wonderful California gals, has anyone been to any of the wineries while dressed? And does anyone know of any good CD friendly hotels there?

Well, Michelle, I don't really for see any problems. DRess like a woman, act like a woman, and look like a woman and present yourself as respectable woman, you should not have a problem. Its a tourist area, people will be looking for a good time and may not be looking for a crossdresssing man. Your wife should be able to help you with all of that. Maybe you could do your cross country travel enfemme also and leave all your drab stuff at home.

Do a websearch for Transgendered clubs in the San Francisco area or in the Sacramento area and contact them.

Niya W
12-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Ahem SF Bay girl. You know I should go to Napa As I know TS that has winery there . Far as hotel most hotels don't care. All they care about is your credit card having money on it.

Oh if plan to drive just remember they have just as many cops on the road as they do wineries .

Michelle-NC
12-26-2007, 08:44 PM
I would be in drab for the drive up, and wife would be there with me to drive afterwards if need be.

You know a TS who owns a winery there? Which one?

Would love to visit it.

Thanks

Niya W
12-26-2007, 09:32 PM
I dont know if its open to the public but her brand is called stone wall in. bonus points if you can catch the reference .

No googling

Bobbi Lynn
12-26-2007, 09:36 PM
I caught the "Stone Wall" reference. Really neat to name something like that.

renee k
12-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Hi Michelle,
While your visiting the Valley. Check out Silver Oak, best cab in the valley. I lived in Napa years ago, still have friends there, who I get to see every now and then. And get a mud bath in Calistoga while your there.

Huggs, Renee

windycissy
12-26-2007, 09:53 PM
I stayed there this summer and stayed at a new place called the Vino Belo resort, it's a new timeshare resort that rents rooms that are available, it's really nice because you get a living room and kitchen which would be a great place to kick back with your wife en femme if you don't feel like being on display at a restaurant, which are mostly expensive up there....I'd avoid the little Bed and Breakfast spots. I went to Bichon in Yountville one morning for their famous pastries and coffee, yum! Oh, and don't forget the Napa Outlets! Have a ball, Cissy

Carin
12-28-2007, 03:11 AM
I think 'Transgnedered' is recognized in that corner of the woods as a valid gender identity. They take their wine very seriously. It pretty much overshadows everything else.

Go do it. You will have a blast.

Gisele
12-28-2007, 07:43 AM
LOL...The guy in me took over as I read the title of this post. I was thinking NAPA auto parts!

Geesh, back to finishing school for me.:o

Hana22
12-28-2007, 08:06 AM
So now, the question, and really directed towards those wonderful California gals, has anyone been to any of the wineries while dressed?

Your over thinking this. No one cares what you wear and even if they do nothing can be done to you if you are decent. Unless someone tries to insult you which has never bothered me.

And does anyone know of any good CD friendly hotels there?

They all are! The hotel is in business to make money. As long as yours is real and you don't do anything to cause trouble they will all be friendly to you.

Don't worry so much just go enjoy yourself. Worse thing that could happen is some idiot could insult you. That is no big deal really. Ninty percent of america could give a rats you know what as to what you wear and what gender you are.

Michellebej
12-31-2007, 12:51 AM
Hi,

I was born and raised in the Napa Valley. MOST people will not care at all how you dress. Most of the looks, if any, will be from fellow turistas. Most of whom will shrug and think "yep, I'm in California".

Spot on about the wineries. As long as you are dressed appropriately then they won't care. They are there to make money. I worked at a winery that had a local CD working on the line in back.

Embassy Suites is a good Hotel.

Sweets: Marie Calenders on HWY 29, and Buttercream Bakery on Jefferson just a block south of Lincoln.

The Wine Train is nice, but; expensive.

If you need ideas let me know

Michelle

ashlee chiffon
12-31-2007, 02:04 AM
and...why not surprise Her and Not wear capris..
wear a mini instead! *LOL*

Dalece
12-31-2007, 03:00 AM
Have been to the wineries there Sorry not dressed But check in San Fran there might be something. Just be careful on tasting you might not know what may well leave it for your imagination. Follow Michelle lead. but it is fun.

mysteryhorn57
12-31-2007, 12:48 PM
Hi, you are very fortunate to have a supportive SO.
I know that the town of Guerneville near the Russian River is noted for its concentration of Gay Hippies, so wineries near there might be a safe bet.
My GF loves wine tasting, and we have been through Napa, Sonoma, and further south around San Luis Obispo (SLO). She feels Sonoma and SLO are less "snobby" than Napa (I think SLO might be a tad too conservative for what you are planning). I checked out your Flickr pix (yes, I'm a PERV), you look cute and should have no problems if you dress appropriately.
You might want to sample some of the amazing San Francisco TG nightlife as well. Trannyshack Tuesdays, Diva's, Marlena's, Kinky Salon. "Adam to Eve" offers outings to Diva's two Fridays per month. Further south there is "I Love it Girl" in Fremont and "Carla's Salon" in San Jose.
Good luck, you will have a great time.
:drink:
Vicky
http://360.yahoo.com/mysteryhorn57

jo_ann
01-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Wow, you can tell i'm a mechanical person.. when I first read the title, I thought by napa you meant the auto parts store.

Michellebej
01-02-2008, 03:20 AM
Also, if you are going there durring the week; make sure you go UP valley after 8:30 am, and; come back DOWN towards Napa either before 3pm or after...oh say 6 or 6:30 pm.

Hwy 29 is a ONE lane road after Yountville, and traffic can really stack up. Particularly around St. Helena.

Get a map! There are two major roads through the Valley; Hwy 29 and "the Silverado Trail' ( and yes, that is where the name of the truck came from. Likewise Sonoma; which is the next county to the west).

If Hwy 29 gets too crowded you can take any of a number of east-west streets to Silverado Trail, which.....sorta dead ends on Trancas in Napa.

Jocee
01-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Michelle,

You really will not have any problem going anywhere in Napa.

There are a lot of neat little B & B's all over the valley. If you coming out in the winter, the rates are reasonable.

I can personally recommend the restaurant at Domain Chandon. You might also consider the Greystone at CCA. If you really looking for an experience then book a reservation at the French Laundry (and expensive experience to boot).

Great wineries include Plumpjack (up the road from Silver Oak). For something different, call Caymus for a private tasting (but do weeks in advance). Same with Altamura (who provide grapes to Caymus and have the most incredible Italian varietals.

Napa is something you can do with out thinking about. You are who you are, and the beauty of Northern Ca is that for the most part people will take you as you are :)

When are you coming out?

Joanna

Michelle-NC
01-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi Jocee...

We are planning on coming out the weekend of September the 20th...probably flying in on that Friday, and back out Monday..

Jocee
01-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Hi Jocee...

We are planning on coming out the weekend of September the 20th...probably flying in on that Friday, and back out Monday..

Perfect time of the year.,.... if you can delay the trip by one week, then do come the weekend of Folsom Street Fair (*evil grin*)

Joanna

BobbieCD1944
01-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi, you are very fortunate to have a supportive SO.
I know that the town of Guerneville near the Russian River is noted for its concentration of Gay Hippies, so wineries near there might be a safe bet.
My GF loves wine tasting, and we have been through Napa, Sonoma, and further south around San Luis Obispo (SLO). She feels Sonoma and SLO are less "snobby" than Napa

I have a t-shirt.....

"Sonoma County Makes Wine!"
"Napa Makes Auto Parts!"

Faith_G
01-06-2008, 02:42 PM
LOL...The guy in me took over as I read the title of this post. I was thinking NAPA auto parts!

Geesh, back to finishing school for me.:oMe too. :jumping: