PDA

View Full Version : Bare Minerals

Marlene4a
04-14-2005, 02:09 AM
I recently bought this "Bare Minerals", 4-tere, make-up, via the TV advertisement, ( a bit pricey, I must say) and been experimenting with it the last couple of days.

I don't know if I have been using the applicator correctly, or the make-up coloring wrong.

However, I do know, that this make-up is very unforgiving. What I mean, is that if the shadowing is incorrect, and then an attempt to correct it, means almost a "re-do"

The photo below is the application of the "Bare Minerals" Make-up.

The photo after that is the "Jippo" $7.00 bottle of foundation, and the powder make-up that runs 8-$10.00 for the dry.

The Bare Minerals was about $70.00.

To be honest, I cannot tell a difference.

What thoughts say ye.

Me.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/932750/AlternateMethodofMake-up.jpg

Marlene4a
04-14-2005, 02:14 AM
Without the "Bare Minerals" Make-up, and using the "Store bought" stuff.

I am not saying the Bare Minerals is bad stuff, it goes on fairly smooth, but there is a technique to it. I may buy more, I don't know, just need to get used to the correct application I guess. It (Bare Minerals) seems to have more versatility.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-1/932750/DarkMake-upandMinimalEyeShadow3.jpg

Tristen Cox
04-14-2005, 03:04 AM
Looks more natural to me, but heck you do an amazing job anyway :cool:

Marlene4a
04-15-2005, 03:06 AM
Thank you Tristin my friend.

It is always good to hear a nice compliment.

Me

Wenda
04-18-2005, 01:04 AM
sorry sweetie, I can't choose between the two, so, I would select whichever you prefer. (U look great either way, and nice cleavage in the second pic!) wenda

Marlene4a
04-18-2005, 03:31 AM
Thank you Wenda

Trying various make up concoctions is wrather interesting.

My conclusions is that I am not too crazy about Bare Minerals for the price.

I find the regular make-up that you find in the drug store just as good.

Me

KewTnCurvy GG
04-18-2005, 08:28 AM
Hi Marlene,
Yes, I am a big fan of bareMinerals. Have used them for years. There are other brands of similar makeup on Ebay. Do a searchy. I bought some called EverydayMinerals which I like. :)

hugs
kew

Marlene4a
04-18-2005, 06:58 PM
Hi Kew:

Thanks for that info.

Yes the Bare Minerals is definetely good stuff. I am learning a bit how to apply it with a little more skill. Discovered that you don't need a lot of powder on the brushes.
It helped to watch the video a couple of times.

Thanks again Kew.

Me