PDA

View Full Version : How, why do u CD, exactly?

docrobbysherry
12-27-2007, 11:48 AM
This is a follow up to Julie York's thread which got bogged down with " labels". I don't care what u call yourself, CD, TV, TS, TG. I DO care about how u dress. I'm VERY unclear about this subject rite now!

I'm a relative newbie, closet CD. I usually dress all the way. Like my avatar. I dress about once a week. I dress to suit myself, and for my pleasure alone. My dressing sessions last for 2 or 3 hours. That includes posing for my movies. After Sherry has satisfied me, ( she never fails), the corset comes off, but I keep the rest on for the evening. Often sleep in forms, thongs, bra, etc. I never dress out. That's it for my CDing.

How does everyone else dress? How often, and what do u normally wear? To suit yourself, or others? To what purpose do u dress? I don't care what u call yourself, just how and what u usually DO when dressed! Thanks for sharing.
RS

Dawn Marie
12-27-2007, 12:38 PM
I dress for several reasons, first off I feel I was born in the wrong body, I should have been a female at birth. Secondly I love the clothes, not only how they feel but how I look in them, and I like the variety of styles,colors, and patterns. It also helps me to relax, release stress and I just feel comfortable and normal in them.
When I do dress I dress all the way except for the makeup, I normally do not have that much time. I use to do that all the way also but that was before I got married. My SO does not approve,and thinks I quit. I do my daily chores dressed while in the house, but do not venture out anymore like I use too,

Kate Simmons
12-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Well, I normally have a purpose for getting dolled up RS. Usually to go to the club or get together with friends. Lately, however, due to personal business, I've haven't been going out as much and the weather hasn't been that great anyway but whenever I do go out, I always have a good time. Sometimes I just putter around the house en femme or take a few pics. Anyway, I'm taking advantage of it now as things may change a bit in the future.:happy:

sara_also
12-27-2007, 12:45 PM
I dress to please myself. When I lived in Las Vegas I was able to go out more. Now that I am 150 miles from there in a small very consertive town I do not get out. The great thing is that I still dress like I am going out and have never changed that. I will wear what ever I feel like on a certain day.
IE: today a biege knee lenght skirt and brown long sleeve top with full makeup, wig, bra, forms, girdle, pantihose, and over the calf boots.
My wife helped me apply false lashes this morning and I will stay dressed all day.
Hope this answer is what you are looking for.....

mollytyler
12-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Easy/slow work day today- so simple wool slacks/blouse....co-employees have known for long time - dress appropriately for the event -usually during 'normal' work days it is professional look of tailored suits(skirts just above knee) or sheath style dresses......

Deborah Jane
12-27-2007, 01:15 PM
I dress because i feel i need too and because i enjoy it. Sometimes i dress every evening, sometimes maybe just once a week, it all depends on how i feel. Also how i dress comes down to how i feel at the time. Sometimes i,ll dress up sexy or smart while other times i,m quite content to wear a denim skirt and jumper. But i always dress all the way [tucked, breast forms, makeup, wig, etc] otherwise it just doesn,t feel right. Also i never wear anything femme when i,m in male mode. I guess thats just how i am!!! All or nothing!!

AmandaM
12-27-2007, 01:23 PM
I dress cause I am compelled too. Something inside me makes it irresistable.

Nadia-Maria
12-27-2007, 02:05 PM
My SO wants to see me in drab, not dressed. So, as a rule I dress at home for the whole day, every time my SO has to travel for her job (about once a week).
I could dress more often, almost everyday if I would want, but in that case only for 1 or 2 hours, so I prefer not to dress at all beacause it is too short a time : since it's too bad (even an horrible loss !!) to have to undress, and come back to drab, after only 1 or 2 hours in my marvelous feminine world !!

Hugs

Nadia

KandisTX
12-27-2007, 02:20 PM
How does everyone else dress?

I dress depending on my mood. If I’m feeling especially naughty then I will dress accordingly, short skirt, garters showing, skimpy top, high heels.:devil::devil: If I am just wanting to relax and be comfortable, I’ll dress in flowing loose fitting clothing. In both instances I will have my breast forms inserted into my bra, and look and feel quite feminine.

How often, and what do u normally wear?

As often as possible, sometimes I only feel like putting on a bra and something to cover my naughty bits like a pair of pants or skirt.:devil:

To suit yourself, or others?

Mainly to suit myself, but there are occasions where I will ask the wife if she wants me dressed in anything in particular.

To what purpose do u dress?

My purpose for dressing is that it is something that has over the years become a part of the whole, it is a part of who and what I am. I am a crossdresser, heterosexual male, married with children. I have a loving and supporting family as both my wife and daughter know all about my dressing and are very much in support of it and me. :love::love:

Kandis:love:

joann07
12-27-2007, 03:38 PM
To what purpose do u dress?

I dress not only because I love wearing pantyhose with everything I wear, but because I like to experience life as a woman. When I'm out, I feel great. I'm much more relaxed, less stressed, and giddy. :heehee:
In addition, I am very much attracted to women, but at the same time I love to wear what they wear. There are so many different types of outfits, skirts, tops, dresses, shoes, etc, etc. which are so cute and sexy that whenever I see a woman wearing something I like I just have to find it and get it. :)

How does everyone else dress/and what do u normally wear?

My style of dress is classy and contemporary, yet sexy. :doll:
I just love wearing dresses and combinations of tops and skirts.
I like all kinds of tops (i.e. v-neck blouses, cowl necks, jerseys, wraps, trendy tops, cardigans, knit tops, baby dolls, kimono tunics, sweater tops, etc.), oufits (i.e. skirt suits), and dresses (i.e. LDB, red, sweater dress, faux wrap, v-neck jersey, matte jersey, empire waist, kimono, long formal gowns, etc.) just to list few, but I can go on forever.
Every now and then, I'll wear jeans, pants, capri's, or gauchos, but for the most part its dresses or skirts and tops.

To suit yourself, or others?:

When I go out, I like to dress in something which is comfortable for me and also for what's appropriate for the particular day of the week.
For example, if I'm off during the work week, I'll wear a business casual type outfit, or dress, because women are at work and so they're wearing their work clothes. On the weekends, its dress down so it’s a casual top, polo, or T-shirt coupled with capris, jeans, casual skirt, shorts, sweats, yog pants, gauchos, etc. On Sunday, however, its church day so its ok to wear something a little dressy in the morning, but in the afternoon its back to casual clothes.
Knowing these things is very important to me because I want to make sure I blend in with the women around me so that I don't stick out like a sore thumb. I look much younger than my real age and so I dress in the style of clothes that women in their late 20's to late 30's would normally wear.

How often?

I try to dress up as much as I can, but since I have a roomate, I don't dress up as frequently.
Since he's been living with me I been dressing up approximately 3 or 4 times a month, but that depends on when he's not around. Fortunately, he has been out of town for the past few weeks and so I've been able to dress up at home with relative comfort. Even if he's around, I do have other ways to dress up when there's an opportunity since I now have a friend who lets me change at his place.
However, my roomate is going to be moving out soon and so I'll have my place all to myself again.
Once he's gone, I'll have more freedom and opportunities to go out whenever I want.
I can't wait. :GD:

Hugs!

jennifer41356
12-27-2007, 04:17 PM
I agree with JennTX, its who I am and want to be , a woman, these happen to be clothes that women wear and I want to project that image, so I dress accordingly, when i am out in public during the day,I wear something a gal might wear to work or dress casually, jeans and a cute top or shorts

I tend to like my skirts above the knee, so I sometimes wear short skirts to show off my legs:D, but mostly the shorts skirts and hot tops are worn in the evening when i go out

I like to look as cute as possible so my selection of clothes can reflect that and I try to be stylish, even though I am 51 , I tend to look younger and I still like some things out of the juniors dept:hugs:

All in all , I love who i am, Am a woman at heart and strive to embrace all that it encompasses, life is short and I dont want to miss a day of being a Lady:love:

Lisa Golightly
12-27-2007, 04:45 PM
24/7... Cos I'm a bit of a girl.

Eugenie
12-27-2007, 06:03 PM
I dress to try to feel like a woman as far as I can possibly imagin being a women feels like...

Sorry for this rather philosophical consideration...

I always try to dress like women who are my age and who have similar features as mine would do, and I try to do that according to the circumstances.

:hugs:
Eugenie

Deanna2
12-27-2007, 06:44 PM
First up there are no gender issues - I'm in the right body (not perfect, but it'll do).

I dress for the comfort of wearing femme gear. I like the colour range, the many different styles, the light weight and the clingingness (that's not a real word, but you know what I mean).

Samantha43
12-27-2007, 07:43 PM
I am also in the right body although it's not what is used to be. :D

I feel a need to cross dress. It is something I can't explain, but it brings me much happiness and contentment. I haven't gone out in years, and don't plan to any time soon. It is just a deep personal satisfaction that I feel when dressed.

shirley1
12-27-2007, 07:54 PM
for me more and more its bacause i feel more relaxed in myself less tension and i tend to sit more still less fidgity - someone recently said since they came onto this site they feel the need to dress less - for me it seems to be the opposite knowing there are other people around that dress regulary makes me feel more confortable in my dressing - i dont think theres any answer for why any of us start doing it its just part of who you are from an early age part of what makes you tick

Veronica 1
12-27-2007, 08:50 PM
I dress for myself and just because it feels so good. My family knows so it is into my bra and forms as soon as I get home from work. I always under dress and most times I am in girly jeans and a cami but I often get on the wig and dress up completely.

Rachel Morley
12-27-2007, 09:56 PM
I love threads like this. Questions that get right down to the core of the subject :happy: Questions like: "Just how and why do I dress .... exactly?"

Phew!, how can I answer this question in less than a novel?!?

For me personally, wearing women's clothes is very enjoyable for me because there are times when being in a certain mind-set can be influenced and enhanced by external assistance, and the clothes do that for me. Women's clothes grip a you in different places on your body (especially underwear) and the textures, colors, fabrics and styles of clothing make you feel different about yourself. It's almost like they give you permission to be something that we're told from an early age that we (guys) are not supposed to be. The social conditioning that we experience all our lives makes it difficult to act and feel in a way that is perceived as feminine, so the clothes act as a trigger to help us overcome those inhibitions that we have.

As far a frequency and depth of dressing are concerned, well ... to be totally honest with you, I'm never out of women's clothes! Today for example, I had another laser hair removal session on my face and neck and I wore very obvious girl's clothes in boy mode. (fitted black deep scooped necked t-shirt, very girly peach colored hoody and tight jeans with pink and white tennis shoes and gray and peach baseball cap, earrings and mascara).

I love "feeling feminine". I want to feel different, I want to feel what I perceive as feminine. Feeling, what for me is feminine, changes how I think. Sometimes when I dress I feel like I want to be more soft and gentle, I feel less stressed, and it makes me feel calm and relaxed. Other times I feel happy and excited and I smile a lot when dressed and I get a kind of a mild buzz about it all. I don't know what it is, but feeling feminine, is very important to me. It's even more important than actually dressing up fully en femme. There are plenty of ways I can feel feminine without necessarily being completly dressed. Now of course, dressing en femme does make me feel very feminine, but what I mean is, I can feel nearly as feminine without lots of make up, padding, breast forms, and my wig. It depends on what I'm wearing, what I'm doing, even where I am at the time.

I dress fully en femme as often as I can, which is about twice a week. My style (I would like to think) is what a woman my own age would wear or maybe just a few years younger. Being a crossdresser who accepts themselves as such, and allows themselves to enjoy that acceptance, and the embracing of femininity (while still acknowledging that they are still a genetic male) has given me the peace and happiness in my life that I have always craved.

Thanks for such a great question, be able to express an answer is like therapy for me :happy:

Hugs
Rachel

P.S. It also helps more than I can possibly explain, that to have an accepting and encouraging wife is what got me where I am today. My wife Marla GG Morley is THE only person I owe my happiness to.