PDA

View Full Version : Why?

KandisTX
12-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Why do so many of the posts here with regard to being dressed have to have the brand name of what you are wearing listed? Does it make a differance if you are wearing a Playtex or Maidenform bra? Does the precise name brand of girdle have to be listed?

While I understand that some things need to be identified by their maker, like if you are wearing a Versaci dress or Feragamo shoes.. but why the need to list the maker and sometimes model of lingerie you are wearing?

Kandis:love:

Lynette
12-28-2007, 12:46 PM
hi
all panties and girdles are different so I like everyone to know what brand I like
Lynette:happy:

Kate Simmons
12-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Beats me Hon. Underwear is underwear as far as I'm concerned. Besides I hardly, if ever, match the stuff. Not like I'm going to be showing it to everyone you know.:happy:

Lisa Golightly
12-28-2007, 12:53 PM
They have labels?

Samantha43
12-28-2007, 02:52 PM
I guess everyone has preferences. Some bras, panties, etc just fit and feel better than others.

SherriePall
12-28-2007, 03:42 PM
I'm like Salandra. I'm not about to show my unmentionables to everyone. Not even if it gets windy. Besides, everyone knows I wear so many different brands of plain white panties.

Billijo49504
12-28-2007, 05:26 PM
I mention Lane Bryant and Victoria's Secret because they treat me so well. And I'd like to let some of the new gurls know that those are stores that are CD friendly. Even Avenue is ok with us, as long as you don't rub their nose in it. ....BJ

charlie-50
12-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Why do so many of the posts here with regard to being dressed have to have the brand name of what you are wearing listed? Does it make a differance if you are wearing a Playtex or Maidenform bra? Does the precise name brand of girdle have to be listed?

While I understand that some things need to be identified by their maker, like if you are wearing a Versaci dress or Feragamo shoes.. but why the need to list the maker and sometimes model of lingerie you are wearing?

Well Kandis ...i think this kind of behavior is ez to understand we are all basicly guys right ...we perceive value by brand name ...have yall ever listened to a bunch of car guys talk its all brand names i know its not a good comparason but i believe that how we think...:hugs:

MJ
12-28-2007, 06:51 PM
no offense but i think it's a guy thing .. i don't do that .. hey if it fit's I'm buying it ..works for me..

Eugenie
12-28-2007, 06:58 PM

This probably has to do with the fact that for many of us we started to x-dress by usibg ubderwear. So they count a lot in the picture we have of ourselves...

I'm no longer in that mood, I may mention the type of bra style I use but certainly not the brand...

However, I like to wear nice underwear, even though very few people will ever see them...

:hugs:
Eugenie

charlie-50
12-28-2007, 07:01 PM
no offense but i think it's a guy thing .. i don't do that .. hey if it fit's I'm buying it ..works for me..

just my opinion MJ...:hugs:

SandyR
12-28-2007, 08:05 PM
Walmart works for me, or even Ebay. Sorry, there I go mentioning names.....

SandyR

Angie G
12-28-2007, 09:21 PM
I don't know hun I just like to wear girly thing! :hugs:
Angie

Susan.
12-28-2007, 11:29 PM
I think it is an automatic thing sometimes. If you say something was comfortable or hot or sexy or fit well; some people just will come back and ask you what brand it was. Same thing if it falls apart easily or is ill fitting, or like Frederick's makes some of the most expensive cheap stuff there is.

joann07
12-28-2007, 11:52 PM
I really don't pay attention to that whenever I read various posts, but now that you mentioned it now I'm going to start seeing them.

marny
12-29-2007, 12:17 AM
What is wrong with sharing information about what is compfortable. give yourself a shake hon!

Marvina Martian
12-29-2007, 12:56 AM
I would figure that if someone was satisfied with a particular article of clothing that they would want others in their respective group to have the same experience. For those that are name dropping, (GG's do this too!) I would have to believe that the whole concept would be waisted on us. Most CD'ers don't exactly know all of the upper tier brands or really care for that matter! Most of us are just completely satisfied with what we can get that fits well and is comfortable for our specific uses.

Some times I'll ask someone what it is that they are wearing and where they got it, but I think that is different. I don't really care who made it, I just want it! :D

Just my thoughts though..... ;)

Jennifer Brooks
12-29-2007, 01:08 AM
In this world we live in, it's all about the name. As far back as I can remember, brand names have been a staple in society. From the first time I heard NIKE from my rich cousin, who always had top of the line stuff to hearing girls in High-School insisting they have Guess jeans. Everything I deal with gets Name Brands dropped in conversation. Names mean things to people. When I'm around guys at work we talk about guy stuff and brand names for tools and footwear and whatever else guys talk about. Same for girls and same for "Dressers". Sometimes Playtex fits me better than Bali or even JMS. Brand Names are a staple in our life. I'll continue to drop names as I post because somebody, even if it's one person, will always want to know what name brand I have on. I ask all the time. But the other half of society is like my Late-Father. He could care less what the brand name was. As long as it fits, it was good with him. My wife is the same way. :2c:

kay_jessica
12-29-2007, 05:44 AM

Probably because there are bras and there are bras. You can go out and buy pretty much at any price you want from a few pounds (£5 $10) to £50 or £60 ($100 - $120). Often girls want to know how best to get a good cleavage or uplift etc. To get those really femme effects you need to buy quality. Also, there are different bras types and some are often brand specific. I suppose for the casual part timer it does not matter, but for some of us the right bras is as important as the right dress or skirt etc.

Hugs

Kay

Brianna1
12-29-2007, 05:56 AM
I'd like to know where to get it if I see something that I'd like to have. Sometimes when I see someone wearing something I want I'll ask the lady and say that my wife was looking for something like that or that I'm sure she'd love it! Not always a complete lie, but usually! LOL

Nicole Erin
12-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Why do so many of the posts here with regard to being dressed have to have the brand name of what you are wearing listed? .. but why the need to list the maker and sometimes model of lingerie you are wearing?

Cause inevidably, someone will ask.

docrobbysherry
12-29-2007, 10:59 AM
U mean Goodwill doesn't make all the stuff I get there? Well, how about that!
RS

Patti Girl
12-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Well Kandis ...i think this kind of behavior is ez to understand we are all basicly guys right ...we perceive value by brand name ...have yall ever listened to a bunch of car guys talk its all brand names i know its not a good comparason but i believe that how we think...:hugs:

Maybe I'm too feminine to fit into that line of thought. :) I have no idea what brands are in my drawer. And no, I never listened to car talk. Gee, maybe I am feminine!

Walmart works for me

Me too!

Patti

Deborah Jane
12-29-2007, 02:41 PM
I just buy and wear what i like the look and feel of. The only label i look at are the washing instructions.

Amy07
12-29-2007, 03:23 PM
For me it is telling my friends about my favorite brands, so you know what I like, and if you want to look into it, things you might like too. I like VS underwear, hosiery from JCP, shoes from Fitzwell, and cars from Ford, trucks from Dodge, Mobil1 motor oil, Craftsman tools, Bridgestone tires. Oh yes, and lipstick from Maybelline. I remember where I buy the things I like. Enjoy!

trannie T
12-29-2007, 08:25 PM
OK, I usually don't use brand names but on New Year's Eve I'll be wearing my exclusive Thrift Store gown over my KMart undies.

Celeste
12-30-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm glad to see everyone names types of apparel that work for them. How else would I learn of quality products.The same is true for make up. Some of the things are junk and some are quality and Using a name separates the bad from the good. When spending Knowing the brands and cost is invaluable.

Seville
01-02-2008, 12:29 AM
When I do mention brands, it is to be more open and truthful.
If I like something special, why not?