PDA

View Full Version : Dressing at work?

LizSummers
12-28-2007, 01:36 PM
I was wondering how many of you have ever dressed, or considered dressing, at work? I hope to be moving up to San Francisco in the near future, and have hopes of wearing a skirt to work with maybe some heels, but I was hoping first to hear of other people's experiences!!

KayHenderson
12-28-2007, 01:48 PM
I was wondering how many of you have ever dressed, or considered dressing, at work? I hope to be moving up to San Francisco in the near future, and have hopes of wearing a skirt to work with maybe some heels, but I was hoping first to hear of other people's experiences!!

Hi, LaChristina...

You can read about my experiences here:

http://anotherself.blogstream.com

joann07
12-28-2007, 02:57 PM
I would LOVE to do that one day, but even though the company I work for has a policy that is 100% in support of transgender identity and gender expression, I don't think my co-workers would be ready to see me in femme even though I pass a woman extremely well.
I'm sure it would be a total shock and a distraction which I don't want to put them through since I've been working with them for a long time.
Now if I was just a new hire at this company, I would consider it.

KandisTX
12-28-2007, 03:11 PM
I have done it.. although it was only on Halloween. There were of course those that figured out the truth based on things like my ability to walk TOO well in high (4") heels, or that I would stand, move, act much more femme than a man in "drag" would tend to do if it were his first time or he were doing it for kicks.. Oh Well.. Would I like to be able to come to work en femme? Sure would, but the reality is that it is not likely to be something that can be done anytimesoon.

Kandis:love:

sandra-leigh
12-28-2007, 03:28 PM
I was wondering how many of you have ever dressed, or considered dressing, at work?

I have never worn a skirt or dress at work... during the day. A couple of times after everyone has gone home, I have closed my door and worked in a skirt or dress -- door closed in case the security guard wondered by (they walk the building once or twice per shift.) A couple of times when everyone in my wing has gone home, I have gone to the (mens) washroom in skirt or dress; more often in a noticably feminine top and/or with noticable bulges from my forms, but only when I don't think anyone is around. (One person saw me once, but only from the back, fortunately; good thing I wasn't wearing a skirt or dress that time!)

During the day, I have quite often worn womens' pants, and in the last few months I have started wearing trouser socks or knee-highs most days, or pantyhose and tights sometimes. Not just plain black trouser socks or tights either; a variety of colours and designs, some of them pretty thin. Silks "Auburn" tights are one of my favourites to wear to work, but I've also worn burgendy, and tourquoise. I'm sitting at my desk most of the day, and my pants cover to close to my ankles when I'm walking, so the time I'm most likely to be discovered is if I go down to coffee with a group of people and forget and put my leg up. I'm relatively sure my boss has seen some of my solid colours at my ankle a few times when we sit around and talk, but he ignores it. (What would he say? There's no regulations about the colour of socks I can wear, and its not like I'm flashing thigh.)

A number of the tops I wear to work are womens tops, but not obviously so. The neck might be a bit wider than usual, or the material might be one not often worn by men, but the cut and colours are not "dead give-aways" on them. And I still regularily wear male tops, especially on the days I wear a bra (less show-through.) There have been some occasions on which I have worn a bra and forms at work, though usually if I wear forms, I wear my smallest (size 4) foam forms and wear a bra or crop-top or bodysuit that minimizes the foam forms. A couple of times I have worn my size 7 (small D-cup) silicone forms at work, but only if my boss is away (he is one of the few people who drops by my office.)

Around halloween, for about a week, I wore tops that were more obviously feminine, such as polyester satin-ishy blouses (that could pass as male shirts if you didn't happen to notice and pay attention to the small differences in the angle of the collar etc.), or such as a chocolate brown top that I have that has a bit of scalloping at the neck and a bit of embroidery on it. I have not yet worn to work any of my classic white womens blouses that most any male looking at would be able to immediately identify as a "blouse" (e.g., white cotton with fabric pinstripes.) I know that a few people saw my more obviously feminine shirts (e.g., when I went down to the vending machines), but no-one said anything. I do not yet dare wear such tops regularly or primarily, but I can probably wear one from time to time.

And panties... well, I seldom wear mens' underwear these days at all. My shirt is usually long enough to cover the edge of my pants, but if anyone has happened to see the edge of panties or (more likely because they rise higher) the top of pantyhose, they haven't said anything to me. (Who knows what gossip is going around? :o )

I am not the only person at work to wear non-traditional tops. For example, the fellow in the next office over sometimes wears a pink shirt (but I'm pretty sure it's a tailored mens shirt.)

The clothing that I can wear and get away with (accepted or not even paid attention to) is likely to be more liberal than in standard offices. I do not work for a "business", and I do not interact with the public (except electronically). We do not have "casual friday" because for most people, casual-wear is the usual wear. Jeans and T-shirt are pretty common at my work (for men and women.) If anything, I have to watch out for standing out by wearing tops that are nicer than normal.

Stephenie S
12-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Well, I do. And I do it every day. I live and work as Stephenie now. Was it hard for my co-workers? It didn't seem so. There were some gender mistakes in the begining, not so much any more. Never a mistake with my name. I couldn't be happier.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Mean Green Irene
12-28-2007, 04:25 PM
My company has a policy to protect gender expression and so does our state. But I was still afraid.

I first went to my HR and told them that I needed to start dressing as a woman at work. We discussed it and chose a date to annouce it to the employees that I work with, and 5 days later the date that I would start dressing.

At first I limited it to pants with blouse and heels. After a month I started slipping in skirts occasionally.

At least for this company all is great, no one has given me even a second of grief and they all switched and call me Irene.

NOW for the horror story - my last job nearly fired me for getting one ear pierced. (I was layed off 30 days later) It all depends on the people and the company.

Samantha43
12-28-2007, 08:08 PM
I would LOVE to go to work dressed, however I work in a male dominated industry so it is not a possibility for me. It wouldn't be worth the harassment I would take. So I'll just stay in the closet. :sad:

Nikki A.
12-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Fully dressed only on Halloween. Other times I am always wearing at least panties & trouser socks (different colors and styles). Sometimes more, an occasional top that is not overtly fem, all my jeans are fem sized (fit better). So yes I do but not overtly.
Would I like to do more YES but I'm not in a business that it would go over well and I need my job.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
12-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Have I have not gone to work fully fem, except on Halloween this year. It felt wonderful to be dressed up. (MY Avatar) I have not worn skirts, dress's or shoes at other times, but I do wear other feminine attire at all times. I fully under-dress with thongs as such, no bra tho and womens ankle socks. Sometimes I have worn tights underneath or knee high nylon socks. On casual Friday I do wear Spandex boot cut pants, either in nylon or cotton spandex, very comfy. Some people may suspect a little, that I like to cross-dress, especially since I wore heels for over 5 hours on Halloween and seemed to enjoy being dressed up.

If I was sure that I would never lose my job or such, It would be great to dress full time, but we do not live in a perfect world.

Mariah
12-28-2007, 09:27 PM
in my current job, I would probly get killed.

keris.

ericalynncd
12-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I would be dragged behing a redneck pickup..for sure...

JoannaCD
12-28-2007, 09:55 PM
I did for the first time today but it really doesn't count as I was wearing black stretch jeans and a black turtleneck which i just got from JC Penny. The jeans, size 14T, are much more comfortable than my men's and go well with my 2 1/2" heeled boots which are men's. The T neck, size 2X, is a synthetic knit which I couldn't find in men's. The objective was easy care. I also wear panties and trouser stockings but no one sees those. My nails are coated with Sally Hansen's Hard as nails, which is a clear violet. I buff them with a very fine steel wool to reduce the shine although they still look very nice. So yes, I am wearing mostly women's clothing to work which is a retail store I co-own but I'm flying way under the radar screen. It makes me feel good though which, after all, is the whole idea isn't it?

ptp009
12-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Am finhishing school as a Medical Assitant in near future hope to at least start wearing girls shoes, nylon scubs etc at a job that is acceting.

jennifer easton
12-28-2007, 10:55 PM
I wished, I can just see me now wearing my hair in a pony tail, 4" heel's, daisy duke's a bra and thong, geting on and off my forklift at the lumber yard,WHOA, wate-a-min NAAA, for just a second there I had me talk into it, boy that would give'em something to talk about HAAA!!! There's just no way, but I love to!! Jennifer

Susan G
12-28-2007, 11:02 PM
I have under dressed only, no ther choices.........

Annie D
12-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Finally the weather turned cooler and it gave me the opportunity to wear sleeveless tops and pull overs over my normal shirts and tops. But unknown to all, those shirts and tops cover my matching panties and bra. I always wear a pair of panties ( I only have one pair of male briefs ). In the warmer weather days, I am allowed to wear shorts and have shaved my legs almost daily for the past 3 years and show off my legs at every opportunity.

I could never wear a skirt or dress to work but I am constantly aware of my female underthihgs and am preparing for the spring and summer by purchasing several feminine tank tops to wear over my bra and under my golf shirts. Wish me luck!

SandyR
12-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Hun, I so hope some day that could happen here....but in New Mexico, guys still wear Suites to work......

Good luck.

SandyR

suchacutie
12-28-2007, 11:39 PM
underdressed. I'm sure I could survive if I did dress, but the explosion would be heard for miles! Nope, I think this needs to stay in a small circle of friends for a while!

tina

JenniferPaul
12-29-2007, 12:09 AM
Recently for the last 6 weeks I have been working dressed, skirts and all. See the tread " Going to work dressed."

Marvina Martian
12-29-2007, 01:09 AM
I guess I am one of the luck ones....I get to dress as I please! I am self employed and do some pretty dirty work, but sometimes I'll work in a skirt or a dress if I am not going to be playing with carbon fiber or painting that day!
Hmmm, maybe I should get a couple of "beater" skirts to paint in......:winking:

Jennifer Brooks
12-29-2007, 01:13 AM
Nope! I work in a factory and we have a locker room in which I change out of my work clothes and back into comfortable clothes. No way I would want any of those guys seeing my undies. More stuff for the CD Closet.

JackieInPA
12-29-2007, 02:39 AM
Well I work as an office manager for my wife and work with the public, but on Halloween Its Jackie that goes to work...i'v had some good times doing that...some people get it some dont some dont even notice...only ever had one person get kinda upset "If i came back tomorrow would you still be dressed like that?" I had one lady come back three months later for her apt and was all liek OMG i thought you had decided to become a woman...was pretty funny.

trannie T
12-29-2007, 03:37 AM
I didn't have a choice I wore a uniform every day. What I wore under the uniform, though, was not part of the uniform standards.

karynspanties
12-29-2007, 06:26 AM
I wish I could on occasion. I work in the plastic mold industry and it would not go over well at the company I work for. But it would be nice to be able to come into work one or two days a week as Karyn.