PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take?

rickie121x
12-30-2007, 03:03 PM
Usually a full "dress-up" takes me about three hours - which seems ridiculous - but no matter how I have tried, that's the time it takes.

With showering washing hair and shaving my pits, legs, shoulders, neck, arms, and "neithers", there goes 45 minutes right there. Drying hair and shaving face - another 30 minutes!

Then there is face makeup - minimum of an hour - good god there are a lot of details to take care of on this old face! And then touch up - add another 10 or 15 minutes. And finishing my hair... even just smoothing and tying my ponytail takes a good 10 more minutes.

The next worst time eater, is my clothing. I have never yet had a simple outfit set out and ready to go.... I always have to mix and match and select and then rematch. ...maybe if I had daily (GG type) experiences for a 30 or 40 years I could do better on this count. :heehee:

Yeah, then with selecting a coat and the right glasses for the look I want --- there are the three hours!

Suggestions, successful processes, and solutions would be welcomed.

Rickie

Genifer Teal
12-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Ever read the book "The Lazy Crossdresser"? It is written from a lighthearted perspetive but has some common sense ideas. It asks the question "What is important to you about dressing up?" "What do you want to get out of it?"

For some the whole experience of getting ready is all part of the enjoyment. If going out is your thing, then maybe reconsider how much time you spend getting ready. How perfect do you really need to be? What is really necessary to make yourself presentable?

I got the book in a package discount with another. I initially cast it aside thinking there was nothing I coud learn from it. If you take it the right way you may learn some thing. This is just my suggestion.

Gen

Melinda G
12-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Now you know why chicks are always late for a date.:D
I can do it in a little over two hours.

docrobbysherry
12-30-2007, 06:46 PM
I spend no time on shaving, ( have a gotee and no visable arm/leg/pits hair).
I spend no time on makeup, because of my special faces.

However, it takes me 45+ minutes to get everything out, and 15+ minutes to put it all away after I finish dressing. Plus, one to two hours dressed.
RS

Samantha43
12-30-2007, 06:54 PM
It takes me every bit of 2 1/2 hours. If I wasn't such a perfectionist, It would take less time. Like Jenifer said, I really do enjoy the time I spend putting on my makeup and getting dressed.

Kim_Bitzflick
12-30-2007, 07:03 PM
It takes me about one hour. This is mainly because I regularly shave my legs and pits. I also don't fuss over the outfit too much. I have only a few outfits so it's easy. I only take about 45 minutes for make up and shaving.

Niya W
12-30-2007, 07:03 PM
From make up to putting clothes on 30 minutes .

linnea
12-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Depending on what I am going to do after I have dressed, it takes me an hour to an hour and a half to be ready. I shave my legs and other vital areas regularly and I have a fairly light beard, so shaving doesn't take too much additional time when I want to go en femme. As some others have said, I think that a lot of the time, it depends on what you want to get out of dressing. I enjoy the process, but usually I plan to go somewhere. Going somewhere means taking care with certain parts of my "look." Being clean shaven is especially important at these times, and so is my make-up. If I'm going to hang out at home, these are not such big factors though I enjoy create the total look that I like--and I love lipstick!
I have found that the clothes that are easiest are the clothes that fit the best, so I now spend much more time selecting my outfits and trying them on before I purchase them. The better fit makes dressing easier and quicker.

Hana22
12-30-2007, 07:44 PM
I roll outta bed and am ready to go in an hour and a half.

Stephenie S
12-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Well if it took me that much time to get ready I would never be able to go anywhere.

By now I have pretty much got my "look" down and I know what is in my closet so that's not hard. On workdays, it's scrubs so there is no time spent there, just what color will I wear today. Makeup and hair take a good 1/2 hour. Most of that setting and combing out my hair as the only makeup I use is eyebrow pencil, eye shadow, mascara, and lipstick. Then I'm out the door. Pick up coffee on the way to work.

On non-work days It's pretty easy as I usually wear jeans and a top. I do the same stuff with my hair and face so I guess it's about the same. Often I will shower the night before to save time in the morning.

I think if you had to do it every day, you would get quicker soon.

Lovies,
Stephenie

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but for some, it may be the very act of "dressing" that's the enjoyable part.

Hana22
12-30-2007, 08:17 PM
I usually get up get a shower, a close shave, then makeup, then wig, then clothes. The act of getting dressed takes about an hour but I spend another half an hour picking the clothes and making sure I look good.

Jodi
12-30-2007, 08:24 PM
45 minutes to one hour from start to finish.

Jodi

Deborah Jane
12-30-2007, 08:31 PM
I can do it in an hour if i want to, but enjoy playing with my makeup and trying differant outfits and wigs for differant looks. I always keep all my bodyhair shaved off and shave my facial hair dayly, also i shower as soon as i get in from work so don,t lose time there. As i,m still in the closet and enjoy my Debs time why rush!!

breanna53
12-30-2007, 08:46 PM
it depends, if i take my time 3 hours , and that includes the nails, if i stick straight to it, nails and everything hour and 1/2 to two. just makeup and dress under an hour. the 3 hour sesion goes like clean face let it dry, moisturize, let it sit, watch tv, foundation, let it set, powder, rouge, bronsier, etc you get the idea.. lol

jennifer41356
12-30-2007, 09:39 PM
putting on makeup,..... 10 min
shower with shaving my legs etc...30min

if I havent already picked an outfit to wear, I sometimes can spend 30 min trying on different things or debating on what to wear:devil:

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Depending on the look...

Gothic: Around an hour from shower to makeup.
Renaissance/Victorian: Hour and a half

Renaissance Faery: 2 hours and an additional 10 minutes to have someone lace me into my corset/Bodice.

I've managed to streamline the processes over the years.

*hugs*
Zara

Suzy Harrison
12-30-2007, 10:11 PM
It takes me ages too - but I enjoy it. If I'm rushed then it's no fun at all.

Having said that, I'm a little worried as I'm going to the SCC in Atlanta next year - which will be great. But getting ready each morning might be a problem, as either I'm going to be late for the events every day, or I'll be getting up at 4 each morning to be ready for 7.....

xdresser4u2dressup
12-30-2007, 10:18 PM
2.5 to 3 hours and it depends on the look and how long Im gonna be in it, usually 2 plus days

I try and keep my leg hair shaved or waxed , But if not I prep maybe a day or so before the day off or day or so in femme . I do most of my shaving before hand < arms , legs and anuy body hair other than face > . This cuts down on the time . As for my Hair I do it a day before or the day of , if i really want to feel femme i do the day of as i have pink towels and all the girly things redy if i want to use them . But i do enjoy getting redy with the exception of shaving or waxing . Usuallly my common look Ive alredy done the shaveing and such and the longest i have to wait on besides a bath and hair is my nails as i do have a tendancy to mix my colors for the look . As for my wardrobe i usually pick that out a day or so ahead . But do change my mind from time to time and do mixing and matching . I have taken pictures of myself in different outfits as well as mixed and matched clothing as that helps me decide faster for the look i want .

Kieroney
12-30-2007, 11:23 PM
If no shaving needed, hour and a half.

Butterfly Bill
12-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Summertime: Step into some sandals and throw a dress over my head = maybe 2 minutes

Wintertime: Add 3 minutes to get pantyhose and slip on

rickie121x
12-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Thanks for all the responses. I appreciate hearing how you-all do yourselves up. There were periods of my life when I was clean shaven all the time and then dressing took a good deal less time... but this thread made me think about the enjoyment that I experience when I dress. I really do love that process!

As a male, I almost never take time to enjoy the small details of life - up from bed, shower and shave, coffee and out the door has been the process for most of my working life - and it has been a fairly long one.... Come home, pull on a tee shirt and jeans and get to work on the yard, the house, the bills, go pick up that - or this.... What a rat race! And that is how I learned to act via my father and grandfather. In my en-femme mode, life is for enjoyment, leisurely delights and pleasures - and I would guess that has a lot to do with the time and detail I so enjoy getting "dressed".

Also this 73 year old face has a lot of detail to attend to... :heehee:

Rickie

Kristen Kelly
12-31-2007, 08:59 AM
Depends on where I'm going, since I'm out alot, only have to shave the face, dressed to blend, out to the mall 45 mins, but all I have to do is change the earrings and add makeup, I dress in womens jeans and gender neutral tops all the time.

rexy
12-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Since I stay shaved chest ,legs etc.just shave my face. It then only takes about 45 minutes or less to get ready to go out.:happy:

Nadia-Maria
12-31-2007, 10:01 AM
In the washroom I need half an hour every morning, before to be ready to dress either in drab or enfemme.
Then I can dress wholly en femme in 15 to 20 minutes.
So far no makeup (except of a few tries).

Were I to go out, I would add another half an hour for lipstick and makeup I guess.

The act of dressing is not very interesting for me. I prefer being dressed en femme and have time to do enfemme what I need to do.

Hugs

Nadia

Janis Edwards
12-31-2007, 11:00 AM
If I wasn't such a perfectionist I could do it in half the time but it still takes me over two hours. Plus I really enjoy the sentuous feeling and savor every moment while slipping into to all my lovely things each and every time I dress. I also like to take time to put everything away clean and ready for the next available time.........Janis

Veronica 1
12-31-2007, 01:38 PM
It all depends, to just lounge around the house after work I take about 15 minutes to wash and throw on a dress. If I am getting ready for a day or two of dressing then it will kill my whole morning to get ready. A long luxurious bath with scented oils to start, then a complete body shave, then moisturizing and firming lotions will usually kill an hour and a half. Selecting my clothing will take about another half hour and then nails and makeup usually kill another couple hours, mainly waiting for the polish to dry.

joann07
12-31-2007, 04:06 PM
I can fully dress in just over an hour.
I posted something similar a few months ago about the average time to dress.
Here it is. Subject: Your average dressing time (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64478)

There were some record holders.

Hugs!

StacyCD
12-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Practice will certainly make you faster! Unfortunately, I get so few opportunities to 'put on my face' that I need a lot more time than a GG who 'practices' every day! So, to fully dress from shower to out the door (without nails) is about two hours.

Cassy11
12-31-2007, 04:42 PM
About 1/2 hour to shave, face and chest. Anything faster and I'll cut myself to ribbons. 45 min to 1 hour for makeup. 20 min for clothes and hair. I normally have 2 outfits set out the night before, that takes about 1 hour to get the outfit, shoes and jewelry to match.

Deanna2
01-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Depends on what you mean by full dress up.

Right now I have on a camisole, mini skirt and high heel sandals. Took me just on one minute and thirty seven seconds - and I wasn't hurrying.

Eugenie
01-02-2008, 08:06 AM
It takes me between one and two and a half hours depending if I need to use depilatory cream... That part may take up to one hour ans a half...

I really enjoy that preparation time... It is the expectation of the final result that is great...

:hugs:
Eugenie

LisaElizabeth
01-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Hi all,
I totally understand the 3 hours.... especially without doing any 'prep' woek ahead of time!!
I usually start 2-3 days ahead of time so that the hair removal doesn't require a plumber to fix the drain. Then I chose 1-3 outfits that will work for where I am going that night. I try to fix my wig ahead of time too. Like if I want an ornament or an 'Alice Band' or whatever. Just easier to do while it is still on the form.
I shave and shower and then start my transformation about 2 hours before going out. I usually makeit, nails dry and everything!! Oh!! I do my toes either the night before or that morning if I have time, otherwise it would take longer.
since I am NOT fortuitously anything.... Tall, large, hairy, etc.... It takes a lot of time to get ready to go out. (I have to remove hair from the tops of my toes and from my knuckles!!!)
Don't worry about the time!! Just DO t!!
Lisa ELizabeth

Charleen
01-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Just going out, shopping ect., 1/2 hour. My nails are always done, a little mascara and eye shadow, lip gloss done. Jeans and a nice blouse, boots and I'm out the door. Last time I went out to a club, took about an hour, not including putting my hair in rollers.

Michelle Reilly
01-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Shaving and makeup I can be ready in just about an hour. Add a bunch more time if doing nails.

ericalynncd
01-02-2008, 08:06 PM
45mins 1 hour tops.

Janine cd
01-02-2008, 10:34 PM
I find that the older I get the longer it takes. Most of the time is spent on makeup.
I find that shaving is not too time consuming if I shave regularly (at least Once a week).
What really can be time consuming is setting out a complete outfit to wear.
Sometimes, the outer wear is as difficult to choose as the inner wear.
shoes are always a problem. Do I go with comfort or style?
Well, I guess all girls share the same concerns.

HalloweenDragon
01-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Since I shave everyday, getting into the "mood" takes an hour and a half for me. Includes shaving legs, pits, the love below....make-up, outfit, and taking a set of tweezers to any missed spots.

HalloweenDragon
01-02-2008, 11:39 PM
ooops, I forgot to mention taking a shower first

Marvina Martian
01-03-2008, 02:08 AM
I'm at least taking 1-2 hours. I shave every day so that is the easy part. Shaving my darned face is what take the most time. I spend over 30 min just on shaving it! (this is why I am doing laser on it soon!) Since I am still getting the hang of full make up I am a bit slow. Then of course it takes me ages just to figure out what to wear!

Applelicious
01-03-2008, 03:45 AM
For me it depends on the occasion. If it is just normal day to day activities, it really doesn't take me long at all. I don't go all out and do a full ensemble to get ready. I just dress casual, and put on just enough makeup. So maybe like 45 minutes.

When the occasion requires dressing up nicely, even going out as a male I take forever. I'm metrosexual so add up the time I take showering, shaving, trimming, boot shining, ironing cloths, dental hygeine, hair combing, moisturizer, choosing and putting on cloths, doing my nails, and slapping on a fragrance and some accesories it easily comes to over two hours.

As female, I'll take the whole day up getting ready for a special occasion. I will get my nails done (apointment); I will have my stylist do my hair (appointment); I may have my makeup done as well (another appointment). Then go ahead and add in everything from when I go out as male, but also put in more time for shaving, and cloths/shoes selection. Then there is also creating cleavage, and last minute touch-ups.

Halloween was the last time I went all out. I started getting ready at about 11am and was finally good to go around 7pm. There is some resting time in there, and a girl has to eat! :D I would imagine that if I dressed up full-time, the amount of time it takes to get ready would be greatly reduced. And if it wasn't for the appointments, I could probably do it in half the time. But spending half the day transitioning is also a huge part of the fun! ;)

rachel_rachel
01-03-2008, 05:44 AM
I timed myself the other night when doing everything.. Shower, shave, light make up (42 degrees here the other day so it was too hot), nails, brushed out my wig twice, then dressed... just on an hour and a half.

Kelsy
01-03-2008, 07:37 AM
from start to finish including shaving It takes me 45min to 1 hr for a day look and 1hr to 1 1/2hrs dressed to the nines

Kelsy:happy:

Carly D.
01-03-2008, 12:02 PM
I suppose it would take quite a while if I were to start with shaving everything and all that.. I try to shave at least once a week (legs and pubes) so that if the urge to wear anything comes up I can just put whatever I want to wear on.. and in that case depending on how dressed up I feel like doing it takes between five and twenty minutes to dress up fully.. fully dressed up for me isn't going to be the same as for someone who dresses with makeup and the whole "dress to pass" thing.. I'm in the closet so I usually just dress to the point of feeling satisfied...

Melissa A.
01-03-2008, 12:21 PM
I keep my body hairless all the time, I usually don't have to worry about that. I'm going to shave my face every day whether I am dressing or not, so that doesn't really count. Same with showering. From the time I put on my first bit of makeup, to dressing, to doing my nails, takes 45 minutes to an hour. The most tedious part for me is the eye makeup.

How about un-feminizing? that takes time, too, and isn't nearly as much fun!

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

kassandra richard
01-03-2008, 12:25 PM
I guess if I dressed to the nines it would take longer, but I can get ready in 30 minutes -- and deprincessed in 5 -- which I pulled off last night. Unfortunately that's a whole 'nother story that I'm not ready to tell yet :O

Kassandra