PDA

View Full Version : A second life

Ruth
12-30-2007, 05:50 PM
This is not about the virtual reality website, though the name is what started me on this thought. I suppose at the turn of the year our thoughts turn to the big issues in our lives, and what big changes we have had or expect to have.
Since coming out to my SO just over a year ago, and developing my CDing by presenting as a woman to her and to my therapist, and by a few forays out in public, I have discovered a whole new dimension to my life, and it’s not too much to describe the crossdressed state as a second life for me. It’s not a separate life, because Ruth and my male side are very close and of course our lives overlap in many ways, both physical and psychological. But it’s an additional life, in the sense that I feel and experience many new things as Ruth, and I find I have extra resources to cope with everyday life as a result of my dressing.
I always feel refreshed and energised by my CDing so in a real sense I am experiencing extra life through CDing, and it seems fair to call it a second life.
I’m posting this not as a form of boasting about how well my life is going, but rather as an affirmation of the good that comes out of admitting and accepting your CDing, and doing it without guilt.
I wish all my sisters a similar enriching and life-enhancing experience in the year ahead.
With all my love,
Ruth

Samantha43
12-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Ruth,

That is wonderful!

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Thank you , Ruth :)

Mary Morgan
12-30-2007, 10:02 PM
I suppose I feel the same as you in many respects. Necessity requires me to blend as much as I can, after all, as you said we are one and the same. My greatest frustration dilemna, whatever you want to call it, it that I much prefer my female self, and would spend most if not all of my time en femme. My femme self only has one problem and that is society, and I worry less about that as time goes by. My male self is practicle, functional, and necessary to my family and friends. So there you have it, a duality driven by necessity, not by desire. Maybe next life.

Angie G
12-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks Ruth that's sweet hun and the best to you :hugs:
Angie

Marvina Martian
12-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Thank you Ruth, that was great. Have a happy year to come as well!

Stephanie Scott
12-31-2007, 12:07 AM
Ruth,

Well said; I largely feel the same way. Each "side" of me enhances the other, and I enjoy both sides in their own ways. Rather than a curse, I have come to see it as a blessing.

God bless,
Stephanie

Dalece
12-31-2007, 12:29 AM
Ruth, WOW ! Great way to put it.

KayHenderson
12-31-2007, 07:22 AM
I'm feeling like two people sharing a brain. We are the same in many ways, but...

We speak with different cadence and tone, and our walk and motions are distinct. She is softer in all respects and feels at ease with women in ways that he does not. One of us is a jokester, but the other holds back and lets others talk.

http://anotherself.blogstream.com

Kate Simmons
12-31-2007, 07:44 AM
Well Ruth, I used to be two separate people but it wasn't working. Too complicated for me to keep switching back and forth with all the vicissitudes of both personas. I amalgamated Ericka and Rich under the Aegis of Salandra. This allows me total freedom to be who I want and the characteristics overlap and there are no restrictions. It's totally my choice how I act no matter what I look like and it has made me a lot freer realizing I don't have to fulfill any standards in either mode. Basically, I just got tired of living two lives.:happy:

Eugenie
12-31-2007, 08:55 AM
That's great Ruth...

Although my wife isn't accepting to see me "en femme" she's now rather cool about my x-dressing life. She knows I'm going out and meet other "sisters" whenever I can. Early on she barely tolerated it, now she's more open about it.

Indeed going out "en femme" has changed my life too. I'm no longer the same person. By the way, I think that this fundamental personal evolution was a key factor for my wife's change in attitude.

I think that untill we accept ourselves for who we are, we can't expect others to accepts us...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Patty
12-31-2007, 09:05 AM
Thanks Ruth and have a Happy New Year :hugs: