PDA

View Full Version : who holds you?

Sejd
12-31-2007, 01:51 AM
What is the community which supports you and makes it possible? is it the Forum, or your church or local CD/TG group? I have been going to a dance community called 5-Rythm for about a year, and it has been the most accepting place for me ever. I don't know what I would have done without it quite frankly. To dance as just who I am, a TS, feeling comfortable and connecting with other wonderful women and male dancers has just been absolutely fantastic. How do you connect and find acceptance?
hugs
Sejd

Mean Green Irene
12-31-2007, 10:43 AM
I guess you could say my group is the people that I work with. I have no formal group with meetings. I have worked here over a year but until 45 days ago non of them knew I was TS. Now I dress full time and they are still very supportive and glad to just talk any time. Praise the Lord.

Mariah
12-31-2007, 12:13 PM
uhm I have this forum, and well that's it. yap I'm pethetic :(

keris

Jannis
12-31-2007, 03:45 PM
I used to belong to a group of CD's that met semi regularly, but they have since disbanded. I check in here on the forum and that is it. I think I should move again to someplace where there are more like me. I sit here and cry too often at my lonliness. There is no one who will hold me.

Scotty
12-31-2007, 05:08 PM
uhm I have this forum, and well that's it. yap I'm pethetic :(

keris

Me too.

JennMW
12-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Without a doubt, it is the world of LGBT square dancing for me! I haven't found a group of people that are more accepting and fun.

It's truly amazing what I've accomplished in the last couple of years.

I now dance a couple of nights a week. Danced in schools, veterans halls, churches, convention centers and other venues. Gone out to restaraunts, social activities, stayed in hotels, rented cars and even flown on three trips for regional or international dances.

I think that the enabling factor for me is actually having an activity that is NOT focused specifically on gender expression. It has truly enabled me to be myself.

See http://www.iagsdc.org/ There might be a club in your area!

That being said, I do truly appreciate forums like this one. It is through our shared experience that I've gained the self confidence and acceptance to be myself.

Jennifer

Ermintrude
12-31-2007, 06:12 PM
Keris and Scottie - I wouldn't call it pathetic.

You've been brave enough and strong enough to acknowledge your true feelings, and do something about it. That certainly isn't pathetic in my eyes - you have my respect and admiration.

Sharon
12-31-2007, 06:39 PM
I have my tiny clique of friends, particularly GypsyKaren who has to listen to the brunt of my woes, hurrahs, and fury. I also try my best to return in kind. I also have a couple friends outside the forum who are always there for me when needed, but these relationships are more one-sided, in that they are quick to help me, but require little of the same from me. And my sister is also my indispensable rock -- although she is not part of the community which you are referring to.

Sally24
01-01-2008, 09:10 AM
For my brain there is nothing better than this forum. For my part time life as a female, then my T-girl social group is my lifeline.

Mariah
01-01-2008, 09:57 AM
thanks Ermintrude, respect and admiration never had that before. exp the respect part. so thank your ermintrude.

keris

MJ
01-01-2008, 10:32 AM
i too have my tiny clique of friends, Sharon and gypsy Karen . plus a few member who gave me there phone number this site .. thanks to you all . my church who totally accept me .. thats about it for me

Scotty
01-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Keris and Scottie - I wouldn't call it pathetic.

You've been brave enough and strong enough to acknowledge your true feelings, and do something about it. That certainly isn't pathetic in my eyes - you have my respect and admiration.

I don't feel pathetic at all, just that I live in a conservative community and don't trust anyone with this!! :) It's a bit of a trip to the big city and I don't know a lot of people there in the CD community :)

Cai
01-01-2008, 01:39 PM
This forum and others where I'm accepted fully for who I am.

And college - I'm not out, but no one really cares how I dress or act. So I can look and feel like myself without worrying what people think.

Lisa Golightly
01-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Myself. I'm a lone wolf.

Stormgirl
01-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Nobody

Wendi {LI NY}
01-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Well thanks to a great support group called CDI [crossdressers international
In NYC. I was not only a member ,I was a President of the group !:heehee:
Also helped two girls transition ,which i don't know with out it ,they would?
Here is a Picture of our Holiday party this year .. hugs,Wendi D

Tamara Croft
01-01-2008, 08:54 PM
NobodyBecause you won't let anyone, you won't let anyone get close, you won't talk, you won't do ANYTHING... :mad:

GypsyKaren
01-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Jenny and I talk privately from time to time, she's a dear friend. :hugs:

Karen Starlene :star:

Dalece
01-02-2008, 12:23 AM
My Help is the girls here at the forum. was trying to find a group here where i live but nothing has happened yet. The other place is where I hang out in dress as female the people there are supportive.

Sejd
01-03-2008, 12:24 AM
I read all of your entries, and you may have too. It's obvious, too many of us are very alone with this issue. Believe me, I am not trying to be political here, but a woman Democratic candidate once stated that it takes a community to raise a child. On that specific statement of hers (and PLEASE don't react politically on this) I have to agree. I also think that it takes a healthy community to make us feel GREAT, and accepted. We all need to reach out to our community of choice to make it happen for ourselves. Living in the closset is Hell, and we all know it. Changing our cultural surroundings is much harder and sometimes even dangerous. But somehow, we all need community.
Thanks God for this forum also.
Those are my thoughts after reading your comments.
Hugs to all who wrote on this one
:love: Sejd

Kim E
01-07-2008, 09:44 AM
I am very fortunate in this reguard. I've made three very dear long distance friends through this forum and we've held each other up over the years with advice and encouragement. The backbone of my day to day support comes from four very close personal friends who are totally accepting and supportive of me. My local TS/CD group is also important as well. So in the support aspect, I feel truly blessed.

Kim

Nadine
01-07-2008, 11:35 AM
I live alone, but, I have a few very dear friends who are very supportive of me and give me help and guidance when i need it. I think that my main advantage is that I don't try to over-do the "female" bit. I dress pretty androgenously even at meetings of our area nature conservancy and at other outings. My friends accept me as I am.