PDA

View Full Version : Back up plan.....you may need it

becky t
12-31-2007, 08:33 AM
I think this applies to most of us on here, even if your SO is accepting or you,re still in the closet so to speak..
Here goes....Your kids are out, the SO is accepting or at work or whatever..you,re having a bit of ME time, fully dressed, full makeup, nails painted..the lot, what could be better? Suddenly we have a knock at the door! or the phone doesnt stop ringing or a car pulls up the driveway or some other possibilitiy we havnt thought of....WHATS YOUR BACKUP PLAN????

Personally i,m at ease with Becky when she,s home but the amount of times she,s nearly been caught.....some times it,s fun but it can be very dodgy without a backup plan, if you havnt got one do it now, think of all the possibilities and prepare.

Happy new year girls and all my best wishes for the future
hugs:hugs:

Eugenie
12-31-2007, 08:49 AM
I've been several times in that situation...

For the last one, it was on a Sunday morning. I was at home alone enjoying my "feminine side"... Fully dressed...

The door bell rings... I pick up the interphone. It is my best friend (50 years long relationship) and his wife whom I like also very much...

Over the interphone I tell them to come up, but that I was just going to take a shower so I need to dress in a decent way... "Just walk right in I'll be there in e moment..." And I was... Kept my underwear under y drab clothes, quickly removed the lipstick, fortunately I wasn't completely made up...

That type of strategy works pretty well...

However, I must admit that I regret not to have used that opportunity to come out to my best friend and hiw wife... They are very tolerant people and I feel bad not being fully honest with them...

:hugs:
Eugenie

DanaJ
12-31-2007, 09:02 AM
There really are legitimate times when I don't or cannot answer the phone or door. I might be in the shower and not hear the phone, I might be taking a nap, or even be with someone. It's simple, just don't answer the phone or door. I've had friends "know" I was home, because they could see my car in the driveway - they forget that maybe I went somewhere with a friend who drove.

So, just don't answer the door to answer the phone - especially if people just show up unannounced.

Carol A
12-31-2007, 09:32 AM
No backup plan, I was fully dressed one day doing the vacuuming of the living room and low and behold into my living room walk a neighbor from down the road with a dozen fresh eggs. Nothing else to do except smile take the eggs and say "thank you". When I returned he was gone and a word was never said, maybe I passed?. :thumbsup:

Angie G
12-31-2007, 09:42 AM
My wife knows and is OK with it if anyone other then her can get in and see me well I'm busted :hugs:
Angie

Deborah Jane
12-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Who cares? If i get caught it,s one less i need to tell at some point :p

StacyCD
12-31-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't often dress at home with a wig and makeup so when someone has come to the door I usually just wipe off my lipstick, remove my forms, and change shoes. Now, I just look like someone taking it easy at home. Some day I hope to have the courage to answer the door fully dressed.

CathyKR
12-31-2007, 08:11 PM
No backup plan, I was fully dressed one day doing the vacuuming of the living room and low and behold into my living room walk a neighbor from down the road with a dozen fresh eggs. Nothing else to do except smile take the eggs and say "thank you". When I returned he was gone and a word was never said, maybe I passed?. :thumbsup:

Erm... don't you lock your front door???!!!

People know not to turn up unannounced - without calling first. I don't like people who just drop by on spec, without some prior warning. In my book, that's just plain rude. My back-up plan would be simply not to answer the door. What's the big deal?

Nicole Erin
12-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Most of the time if I am dressed I am not going to sit at home.

I get really nervous when anyone knocks on the door anyways cause we don't get a lot of visitors.

BUT if there is a knock and I am dressed but curious, I just talk loud without opening the door.

jessicacn74
12-31-2007, 08:20 PM
i just got some of my wifes graments she no longer wears and she it looks good on me and i got caught by my parents but i don't care there in tiled to what they believe....... jessica elizabeth rains:hugs:

brittanny
12-31-2007, 08:20 PM

I never lock my doors when I am home or gone

CathyKR
12-31-2007, 08:31 PM
I never lock my doors when I am home or gone
Crikey... not even when you're out? Don't they have burglars where you live? What does it say in your home insurance policy?

Davinnia
12-31-2007, 09:38 PM
If I'm dressed home alone I woudn't answer the door but if my wife is home our plan is for me to dive into the bathroom. If its just a brief caller I can come back out but if it's a visitor then I'm just taking a shower. That hasn't happened yet but it's my wife's biggest concern.

obsessedwithpantyhose
12-31-2007, 09:46 PM
i dont care who sees me or how im dressed when someone comes a knockin,,, some guy came by yesterday "have u seen my dog",, i was in sweat pants t shirt and suntan pantyhose with red nails and my black wedges,, he kept lookin but so what,,

everyone knows i dress,, even my neighbors

the pizza guy never knows what ill be wearing when he comes a knockin:p

i dont answer the door naked tho,, dont need that kinda trouble:heehee:

Mixie
12-31-2007, 09:48 PM
I've only really began exploring my long existing CD side in the last 3 months or so. And as of 7 months ago, I've been living in a new city without any friends. The chances of someone I know knocking on my door are slim to nill, so maybe I'll just walk around my apartment as a lady and hope that someone I DON'T know knocks on my door. You know, re-invent myself as the CD who I really am ^_^

JoAnnDallas
12-31-2007, 10:40 PM
If I am home along and all dressed up and the door bell rings, then it will not be anyone we know. We hardly know our neighbors anyway. So I would probley first look thru the peek hole and if need be go ahead and open the door. IMHO if you go out in public dressed, then opening the front door to a person who you don't know is no big deal. As for family, all of my family now live south of us in Houston. Not too much of a chance of them stopping by unannounced.

obsessedwithpantyhose
12-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Mixie, what a great way to live life as the girl u always wanted to be,,new town, new place to live, new job,,,:D

dont wake ur downstairs neighbors with ur walkin around on the tile floors in ur spike heels:p

Marvina Martian
01-01-2008, 01:14 AM
You guys are great! :lol2:

If I am partially dressed I'll just ignore the door. If the phone rings I answer it! If I am fully dressed than I am going out so what does it matter anyways?

Of course if it's someone that I know than I just run and hide like the little pansy girl that I am! :D

Mixie
01-01-2008, 02:33 AM
Bre, that was hilarious. In reality that is exactly how I'd react. And my heart would beat like a drum for the next hour as I sit on the toilet with the bathroom door shut, wondering if they've left yet.

And it would probably just be UPS with a delivery of clothes I ordered off Amazon.com :o

Lorna
01-01-2008, 06:01 AM
I suppose I don't really have an emergency plan. It is interesting to speculate on the different places and buildings in which other contributors live - and the equally large range of social and community circumstances. Our front door is all glass and all downstairs rooms have big windows - so I do not venture downstairs dressed except after dark when curtains are closed. Neighbours and friends might call in at any time - and most would think it strange to find the doors locked during the daytime if they knew someone was home. Nevertheless, I do usually lock the door if I am "dressed" because it gives me valuable thinking time. It means that a visitor would have to ring the bell - and I can then try to check who it might be from an upstairs window and decide what to do. Sometimes I would lie low, but more often I would quickly put on a sweater over whatever I was wearing, open a window so that only my head & shoulders could be seen and call out that I would be down in a moment. On several occasions when this has happened I have then quickly removed outer female garments and put on trousers, socks, etc to cover up the underwear. Having dealt with the visitor, or let them in and made them comfortable I would ask them to excuse me for a moment while I "finished what I was doing upstairs", then go and take off the rest of my female clothes before re-joining the visitor. I do not wear any make-up, so that's not a problem. If I'm wearing a bra I can remove the filling quickly and the sweater covers it up. I am always very conscious of girdle, slip, stockings, etc. hidden under my trousers and make sure the sweater is pulled well down. I avoid doing anything like bending over or sitting down in sight of the visitor in case it results in an unwanted appearance of the hidden clothing - and I get away as quickly as possible to complete the change back to male clothes.

One day, I suppose, this technique will fail.....but so far all has been well.

Sally24
01-01-2008, 07:57 AM

Funny thing is, that is the ONLY time I lock my door. I live in a small town in the country and with dogs and firearms as backups I never worry about people coming into my home. I do however usually lock the front door when I am dressing. It's either that or my wife and/or daughter are lookouts so they warn me if anyone drops by.

As for a plan, if someone walks in on me I guess I sit them down and have "the talk".

Carly D.
01-01-2008, 09:56 AM
My backup plan is simple; when I hear the door start to open I run.. depending on where I am at as to where I run.. more often than not it is to the bathroom (to sweat).. actually I have no true backup plan.. nor do I have a worked up story, or excuse.. guess I'd just have to say you got me.. caught.. forty years in the closet, gone in an instant...

Carol A
01-01-2008, 10:50 AM
CathyKR,
Sweetheart you bet your skirt I now lock my doors. We live in a very rural area way out in nowhere and the last thing I expected was someone walking into my house. Could be I didn't hear them over the vacuum, lesson learned.:hugs:

Donna Marie
01-01-2008, 10:53 AM
I've had the doorbell ring when I was dressed quite few times. I just don't answer - I could have been in the shower for all anyone knows. I'm funny about locking the door - if I am in and dressed it is locked for sure. If I am out walking the dog it is unlocked. If I take the car and go out it is locked.

One evening a few years ago I had 2 doorbell rings that I did not answer, but the 3rd one got me. I had enough and was feeling bold, so I opened it. There stood a neighbor kid - don't know what he wanted, but his mouth fell open and he just turned and ran. Nothing has ever been said about it, though.

Sally-Ann
01-01-2008, 11:58 AM
My backup plan is simple; because of the layout of our front door, I can open the door without revealing what I'm wearing.

Most of our friends are either aware of my CDing, or not likely to so much as bat an eyelid, so letting them in wouldn't be a problem. :thumbsup:

For anyone else, it's "Hang on a second while I get dressed". (Can't let them in because the front door opens onto the bottom of the stairs and they'd see me diving upstairs. :) )

I can see it would be more difficult if I wore makeup, but that's not part of my CDing (at least not yet).

JenniferR771
01-01-2008, 11:59 AM
I was dressed and panicked! But I was also feeling bored and a little bold--more so, than usual. Peeked out he window and spotted a mail truck. I opened the door. I told the nice lady I was trying on my cocktail dress for the New Year's Party. She handed me my package. She said i looked nice--and left.

A few minutes later rang again. It was a tough looking detective. There was a police car at the neighbors. Didn't answer. But changed rapidly and then took out the garbage. They stopped me and asked about the girl next door--wanted on a parole violation. Supposed to be living there, but not seen in 4 weeks. Nervous--but I knew nothing. :eek:

JaytoJillian
01-01-2008, 12:14 PM

People know not to turn up unannounced - without calling first. I don't like people who just drop by on spec, without some prior warning. In my book, that's just plain rude. My back-up plan would be simply not to answer the door. What's the big deal?

Ditto!

Scotty
01-01-2008, 12:16 PM
Just don't answer the door!

One day I was in that mode and the UPS guy showed up, needed a signature.

Out I go, pink sweats and a pink tank top - no bra and he's staring.....

But oh well, I just smiled at him...:)

Noel Chimes
01-01-2008, 12:23 PM
If it is just a delivery person or some salesman, it doesn't matter. :doll: In fact I had a delivery come and I answered fully dressed.:jumping: I wonder what he told the guys back at the office.:lol2: As far as family, they all know to call before coming over (chance to change). Other than my next door neighbors. we don't know anyone, and if they see me dressed they just think that there are 3 people living here. :shocked: It helps with security since they don't know if someone is home or not.:thumbup:

CathyKR
01-01-2008, 06:15 PM
... and firearms as backups ...

Bloody hell - just shows what different cultures we have (US/UK). Same language (almost), but so different in other respects.

CathyKR
01-01-2008, 06:18 PM
CathyKR,
Sweetheart you bet your skirt I now lock my doors. We live in a very rural area way out in nowhere and the last thing I expected was someone walking into my house. Could be I didn't hear them over the vacuum, lesson learned.:hugs:

Yes - so do I, and always have. But this has got nothing to do with being caught dressed; just basic security. I live in a SE London suburb, and nobody would dream of leaving doors unlocked, even when they're in the house. It's just not done.

NIKKI99
01-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Early in December one Sunday I had an opportunity where I had a few hours to myself. Well I was fully made up, corset, wig, forms etc and there was a knock at the door. It would have taken about 15 minutes to get everything off so I decided to ignore it. My heart was pounding but I kept my cool and didn't start a mad panic undress. Anyway whoever it was went away and I have never found out who it was. I think that is probably the best plan if you have makeup on as this cannot be quickly removed. Hope to have another opportunity this weekend for a full makeup (I need the practice).

Love

Nikki.

Andine
01-01-2008, 08:51 PM
All very interesting!
If I was in a new living set up away from people who know me I would have no hesitation in coming to the door dressed, and making new friends.
I spent yesterday afternoon dressed, changing outfits and taking photos with my new mob phone. ( it was way too hot to be outside ). My ex wife is in town, but as my boy was on his first fishing trip by himself 250 ks away I figured she would find other people to go and see ( She is back to Singapore shortly ) I got changed back about 6 pm local time and within 1/2 hour some friends turned up, even though there were no cars in the driveway! He is across my dressing and has no problem with it ... She on the other hand can't even handle my earrings!
The usual deal for me is that if there is a possible arrival, then I don't do the makeup, as that take too long to get off. If its cold then its easy to cover up .... bit harder if you are playing with a corset, and the leather might creak!
Ah well! ... we go on!! Its all good fun!!

JC
01-01-2008, 09:34 PM
as the doorbell rang, the wife just told me to head to the bedroom. she answered the door. The neighbors came in. After changing, she commented that i was inappropriately dresses. This left an easy explanation open for them.

she just smiled about it afterwards.

jc