PDA

View Full Version : Your crossdressing to-do list for 2008

joann07
12-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Ok. Everyone has their typical list of New-Year's resolutions so how about getting out your laundry list things you plan or hope to do in 2008.

My 2007 was an incredible journey and what a ride it has been. See my post: My 1 year anniversary (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73693).
I learned and experienced so much, its hard to believe I did all that in just a year's time, especially flying in femme.
After getting my first year of fully crossdressing under my belt, one would think that after all the things I've done and accomplished there's nothing else for me to do.
Well, there's not going to be any talk of the "Sophomore Slump".
I'm looking forward to bigger and better things in 2008 and so far, I'm off to a good start.
After serving as a board member for the past year, I was recently elected as the new Treasurer for my local Tri-Ess Chapter (Tri-Beta Tampa/St. Pete).
I'm really excited about the challenge of serving as one of the new leaders of such a wonderful support group and I hope that my ideas will help take this organization to new heights in the coming year.

I know that there are so many more things for me to see, do, and experience so here's my list which I hope to tackle this year.
I'm sure this list will keep changing as I add, remove, and revise it so it'll be interesting to see how it looks at the end of the year.
Ok. Here it is:

1. Attending more Transgender conferences, such as, Be-All Chicago, IFGE Arizona, Holiday in Femme, and of course returning for SCC 2008.

2. Participate and attend various Pride (winter and summer) and HRC events: My plan is to represent and give us more exposure to the GLBT community.

3. Going to Las Vegas: I haven't been back there in 15 years so I'm way over due for a return. This time, I'm taking the city by storm and hopefully I'll win a little $$$$$ while I'm there. :dance:

4. Going out on a date: Well sort of. I'd just try going out with a TG friend. We'll see, but I'm excited.

5. Wearing my Hooters girl uniform and going to Hooters on Halloween or some other day. :GE:

6. Going out to the movies: I know many of you girls have done it already so this should be a piece of cake. This will probably be one of the first things to check off my list.

7. Going to more straight clubs and bars: I've gone to many TG friendly gay/lesbian places, but now its time to start switching lanes and try a few hot spots where the GGs go and get some real woman experience.

8. Develop networking and communication relationships with the local communities: People still don't know about us and so we need to get ourselves out there and let people know that we exist. In addition, to get rid of that negative sigma that we see in the news.

9. Try on my first garter belt and stockings. I've always been a pantyhose lover, but I'm going to definitely try it out. I guess I'd better call my girlfriends at Victoria's Secret. :heehee:

10. Go to a sports event (Baseball, Hockey, Football, Basketball) and cheer for my favorite team. Ok. I won't be in a Dallas Cowboys or Buccaneers cheerleader uniform, but I'll definitely be wearing my team colors. GO TEAM GO! :cheer:

11. Tell a family member. OH! Yikes! This is most definitely a tough one so we'll see when a perfect opportunity comes.

12. Fly more in femme. My first experience was one for the record books so I'm looking forward to an encore. :GD:

13. Attend a concert or broadway type show: What better place to relax and have a great time. Plus, it'll be great to see what the beautiful ladies are wearing and get some excellent fashion ideas.

14. Go to a theme park, such as Disney World or Six Flags. I haven't been to one in a long time so I'm way over due. Although, I love the roller coaster rides, I may have to pass since I wouldn't want my wig to fly off. OH NO!! :eek:

15. Get a manicure and a pedicure: Never done it, but hey its never too late.

16. Learn to dance as a girl. I love to dance and I'm a pretty good dancing Salsa and Swing so it would be nice to learn the female side, as well as being lead.

17. Shop, shop, and shop: Did I mention that I love to shop? :winking:

18. Take a sea cruise. That would be an interesting trip. Did anyone see the movie "Boat Trip?". I would LOVE to meet the girl of my dreams on cruise ship.

Ok. So let's see yours.

Hugs! :battingeyelashes:

sophiya.rap
12-31-2007, 01:20 PM
WOW!
That list is so alluring!!
I dont wanna miss anything out of that. But I will add:
1) Get some pictures in wedding gowns
2) Find a supportive life partner.
:)

jennifer41356
12-31-2007, 01:26 PM
let me see

1. Vegas, that would be fun
2 Would like to go back to Japan again, but dont have enough cash:(
3 Meet another 1 or 2 tgirls so we can have more folks for poker night
4 maybe go on hormones, again if i can afford it
5 would like to fly en femme, but I thought it would be difficult with all the security, maybe its not:heehee:

I have had a couple of nice dates, It is difficult to meet someone nice, my dates were guys who wanted to be girls but realized they never were going to look like girls

I have been to Disney by the Sea in Japan wearing a skirt and it was a blast!!!

My folks live in Ft Myers, maybe someday I will move there and we can meet and hang out:happy:

Hope you accomplish all this year..what a year you will have:drink:

Billijo49504
12-31-2007, 01:35 PM
Go to Lane Bryant and Victoria's Secret to use the gift cards the wife and I got for Christmas.
Also finish the quilt I'm now working on. Then make a large lap quilt for my mother-in-law.....BJ

Eileen
12-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Congtatulations Joann on a great year. Looks like you about to start on another great year. I would say your list just about covers everything. If you can go to Vegas in April and attend Diva Las Vegas. And I definately recommend a garter belt and stocking! I have been to the movies with gg and tg friends and what a great place to add in a date. Anything we can do to educate our communities is great! I told some of my family, neighbors and my old boss this year. The response from all was wonderful! Who would have thought I could have been so lucky to receive support for everyone todate. I have been to plays and am looking for ward to concerts and going to a Diamond backs games this summer. This summer was my first flight enfem and it was without incident. Including waiting in a long line for the ladies room. Any travel enfem is wonderful and I am looking into a cruise next fall. What girl does not love shopping? Like you, I am looking forward to my first manicure and pedicure. You really touched home, with learning to dance as a woman. We have so much to look forward to in the years ahead. I can not imagine us ever saying, I am bored! Life has too much to offer and we want to take it all in. Have a wonderful life Joann!

Eileen

Mean Green Irene
12-31-2007, 02:04 PM
Get a glamor shots type of portrait
Buy an evening gown - and wear it somewhere
ENJOY life - dressed

Stormgirl
12-31-2007, 02:20 PM
To dress less. I had some blood drawn to look at my hormone levels,going to start taking male harmones in 2008. =)

Melinda G
12-31-2007, 04:02 PM
To shave and go out more often. Even if it is a lot of trouble. It's worth it!

Melanie R
12-31-2007, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=joann07;1139679]18. Take a sea cruise. That would be an interesting trip. Did anyone see the movie "Boat Trip?". I would LOVE to meet the girl of my dreams on cruise ship.

Yes, join some of your other Florida Tri-Ess members on our next cruise out of Florida. We have a Halloween cruise planned for next October out of Miami and cruises in May out of Rome and early October out of New Jersey to Quebec. Being enfemme on a cruise is the ultimate!

Melanie

Deborah Jane
12-31-2007, 04:24 PM
1...To work on making my face look more feminine [preferably with just makeup]
2...To work on making my voice sound more feminine
3...To go out and enjoy my feminine side [shopping, clubbing, etc]

joann07
12-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Those are some great lists and ideas which gives me another item to add to my list, as well one other.

19. Work on my feminine voice: I'd say its about 60%, but my presentation and mannerisms more than compensate so I definitely need to polish it off.

20. Excerise in femme: I like to go running/jogging and I have run while wearing pantyhose and ladies gym shorts, but I haven't gone fully dolled up.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-31-2007, 04:44 PM
I have one goal for 2008 and it might just happen ;)

To get my ethereal self into Faerie magazine

http://www.faeriemagazine.com/

*hugs*
Zara

StacyCD
12-31-2007, 04:45 PM
It's hard for me to have a list because it is so dependent on my SO's reactions. Since I came out to her in December 2006, we've taken it really SLOW (mostly don't ask don't tell). However, I'm hoping to move things along in regards to her acceptance. I've asked her to consider my wearing panties, satin sleep shirts or pajamas, polishing my toes in winter, and piercing my ears. The only thing she responded favorably to was piercing my ears--she bought me a beautiful pair of earrings! I've been wearing panties for two weeks without any comment. I also polished my toes bright red two weeks ago as well but I don't think she's noticed. I'm going to have my ears done in January. Who knows what the future will bring. I just know that all of this began with acceptance of myself and a lot of that came from the support of the people on this forum. Thanks for being there!

Ruth
12-31-2007, 06:00 PM
I've got a modest plan for 2008, which is just to try to meet and network with other CDers in my area. It is more difficult than it sounds. But I know they're out there.

unclejoann
12-31-2007, 06:12 PM
My main goal is to sew more dresses and lingerie. The dress I just finished was good, looks good and feels good.

So, 2008 first project is a cancan dress with colorful petticoat.

... and to go along with the new dresses I guess I better resolve to dress up more often (and maybe dream up a place to wear the cancan dress).

docrobbysherry
12-31-2007, 06:46 PM
To dress less. I had some blood drawn to look at my hormone levels,going to start taking male harmones in 2008. =)

Here r my resolutions:
1. Spend less time with Sherry, and more with real GG's.

2. Spend less time on crossdressing, and clean up my house, garages, and desk at work!

3. Have a lot less fun than I did in 2007. ( This one will be EASY, if I do the first two I listed above).

Happy 2008 everyone!
RS

Nicole Erin
12-31-2007, 06:55 PM
I've got a modest plan for 2008, which is just to try to meet and network with other CDers in my area. It is more difficult than it sounds. But I know they're out there.

1) That is one of mine, network with other CD in my area. It is harder than it sounds.
2) Replace most of my summer clothes. The ones I have now are CRAP!
3) I am thinking of making a dress for myself. Something very unique that I saw but I doubt is readily available.
4) Work on my tan. I am dark complected but I look pale under my shirt.

I am sure more will come to mind

Billijo49504
12-31-2007, 08:39 PM
I got the quilt done. Scratch that on off the list....BJ

KateSpade83
12-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Actually, to shop for womens clothes less because I think I have a big enough collection of clothes (about 90 skirt suits, real good cheerleader outfits, lingerie, but not enough goth gear, etc).

I think I should actually find a pretty enough woman that I can adore wearing my womens clothes, so I can dress less and just adore her more. Seems like I just can't shake crossdressing or shopping for more though... Its just the same pattern over and over ... crossdressing and being alone. Maybe I should find someone new in my life, but I'm not good at approaching and dating a pretty woman... not much experience!

I'm praying to God to help me control my spending on women clothes! And I'm glad I find a lot of womens clothes are ugly or I would be a major shopaholic!

Michelle 51
12-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Try to attend a tri-ess meeting and go out for first time

Eliza
12-31-2007, 09:37 PM
To Not be scared of all of "our" trials of life as a CD anymore,,:p

Mixie
12-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Find a friend who either supports me and helps me CD, or joins me in CD'ing. And PARTAY!

Also, work on my figure. I want a smaller waist and a bigger butt ^_^ But how do you make your butt bigger? I've been using a thigh master and that is making it a little more shapely. But I want it bigger.

JoAnnDallas
12-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Lets see. I have already done some on your list. Number 1,2,3, 9,11,15, and 17.

obsessedwithpantyhose
12-31-2007, 11:16 PM
WOW thats some list,, when u get into Phoenix give a shout,,im like a 5 hour drive to VEGAS,, still need to get my butt in gear,, maybe 08 will be great:p

i do all the house work around here and also work on cars and wash my car all while in a skirt pantyhose and heels,,trimin trees is kinda tricky as i dont want to snag or run my pantyhose so i just wear pants for that and for crawling around inder the house

Marvina Martian
01-01-2008, 12:49 AM
That is an extraordinary list! I fear that I would pale in comparison so I will just list a couple of things here.

1. I would love to find a friend to CD and goof off doing girls stuff with. (Mixie, just move here and we will have this one solved together :heehee: !)

2. I would love my wife to understand me and my dressing. She is my best friend, but it is still so hard to open up and be me feminine self with her. :(
We are talking of actively pursuing counseling to better understand each other.

3. This is my big one, to just let my self emerge and bask in the light. To be free to be myself and not have to be trapped in this shell that I have created to hide in.

Oh, and I almost forgot this one! As a natural entrepreneur I was thinking about some stuff recently. I see a need for a lot of you girls to find clothing, shoes and other stuff and have it be nice and easy to get, without all the embarrassment and fear doing so.
I am thinking about setting up a little something to help us all be better! We'll see how it goes.... ;)

Mixie
01-01-2008, 02:40 AM
Don't make me call your bluff, Bre. Besides, what's wrong with Fresno? Oh wait... :)

Angie G
01-01-2008, 09:27 AM
It's great you have doneso much and want to do more so you go girl be all that you can be hun :hugs:
Angie

Dayna
01-01-2008, 09:59 AM
J,

I read you list of 18 + 2 things to do in 2008, and I am sad to say that I will probably NOT accomplish any of them this year... damn.

Looks like I am going to spend another year living vicariously through your adventures!!

My list:

1) Engage my wife in regular, casual, TWO WAY conversations about my crossdressing

2) Encourage my wife to look at some of the pictures I have taken (and PhotoShopped) of myself... they really are not all that scary

3) Try a shorter hairstyle.

OK, three things. Don't want to be overly optimistic. At least I know I can buy a new wig this year..!

Carly D.
01-01-2008, 10:01 AM
I'm going to climb mount everest... in my best high heels... last year I didn't have any idea what I was going to do as Carly.. I think this year will be more of the same, play it by ear type of thing.. my "sophmore" slump was too long ago to remember.. I think there is a bit of that that happens where you think what to do as a crossdresser...

michellebesweet
01-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Joann, I think your list is wonderful and I am proud of what you have accomplished.

My List:
1. To have my SO to be more understanding and allow me to do what I want.
2. Work on getting some makeup tips and hair styling tips.
3. Work on my female voice, very tough one.
4. Go out more in public.
5. Would like to go to a formal event where I would be wearing a long beautiful gown.

Hopefully we will all see a brighter and better 2008, Much love and happiness to all the girls.

Sally-Ann
01-01-2008, 10:50 AM
* Shave my legs regularly, instead of just when I can be bothered.
* Dress more often.
* Get some more outfits.
* Work on the weight loss so I have more choice in clothes.

Jocelyn Quivers
01-01-2008, 11:13 AM
That's quite a list for the new year. My less ambitious list is.

1. Finish laser hair removal treaments, and possibly start electroylis as well to help speed things up.
2. Actualy attend a TG conference.
3. Finaly join a support group such as Tri-Ess.
4. WIN THE LOTTERY!! :D

Scotty
01-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Maybe go out en femme this year to Seattle!

ericalynncd
01-01-2008, 12:40 PM
My list 1: my femme voice
2: learn to dance
3: do more shopping
4: find a local Tri-Ess

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-01-2008, 02:45 PM
DRAG the sewing machine back out and force myself to deside where to put the zipper on the jean skirts,, i already have the material to make them with.

tifftg
01-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Well, as I look at '08. I have a few.

1) Meet at least once a month with a t-girl friend. Even if it is in drab to just be able to speak and share openly with someone would be great.

2) To be an Austin's Angel or high end glamour photo.

3) Buy and wear a long gown to an appropriate event.

4) Photos in a wedding dress--just such a passion around this one.

5) The hooters thing also seems like fun.

6) Attend an event.

7) Go to the movies.

8) Work out enfemme.

sterling12
01-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Joann you will make a fine Treasurer. Remember, it was my job last year and if Joanie couldn't screw it up...anybody could do it!

However, back to the point. You asked for lists, so here goes:

1.) To be a good Vice President for Tri-Beta and do my job to improve our group. We have a very good thing going, and I want to help as many Gurl's as possible.

2.) To improve on Joanie's Presentation. I need work on the voice, The walk, and in my feminine deportment. I think we all change everyday, in many small ways...so, it won't be such a big stretch.

3.) To be more public, and in turn to gain more public tolerance. Your right, the only way we are going to do it, is to be in more public venues. That's part of the reason for finding more places for Tri-Beta Gurl's to dine and go shopping.

4.) To offer my services to Tri-Ess and help with Chapter Development. If I am allowed to participate, I would like to see a National Tri-Ess Goal of doubling the number of Chapters this year. More Chapters means more gurl's get an opportunity!

5.) To make a lot of new friends for Joanie, both in and outside of The LGBT Community.

Not super ambitious, but it's enough for one year.

Peace and Love, Joanie

charllote34
01-01-2008, 03:52 PM
it definatly has to be to go out and meet some of the friends i have made on here :hugs:

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-01-2008, 04:13 PM
how about posting ads for this site around our local areas,,,,im sure there are ALOT of cds who are so far deep in the closet that they dont know which way is up:2c:

Girly Sara
01-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Hi Joann and all the girls on here!

Firstly, happy New Year and i hope you all have lots of girly fun in 2008!

Joann, big hugs and congratulations on what you've achieved in the past year. I hope you manage to achieve all your objectives...and more! You go girl! :happy:

Personally, 2007 was a good year for Sara although she wasn't out enfemme very much. My biggest achievement for 2007 was coming out as Sara to all my work colleagues. However, i hadn't planned to do this! lol Have gained genuine support from them which has been great and makes my job even more enjoyable.

Objectives for 2008:

1. To feel less self-conscious in expressing my feminine side when in 'Alan' mode.

2. Getting my ears pierced.

3. Do another shopping trip enfemme (last and first one was in March 06 at one of the UK's largest shopping malls!)

4. Have a professional photo-shoot done.

5. To try and understand where my life is heading (as far as Sara's concerned)

Hugs from Sara xxxx

kinberly 87
01-01-2008, 08:40 PM
there are alot of thing i would like to do this year.
1 do more shoping. most imporant thing i would like to get is a wig and brest form.
2 dress more
3 get a manicare and a pedicare. my wife made me get one befor she knew about my cross dressing. i loved it
4 improve with the make-up
5 learn on how to pass as a woman
6 go out.
7 injoy cross dressing to its fullest

janie2261
01-03-2008, 01:16 PM
1. Get a brazillian bikini wax
2. Lose weight
3. Find the perfect hair style
4. Find a boyfriend
5. Get a belly-buttom ring

Emily Ann Brown
01-03-2008, 02:54 PM
I will probably disappoint because I have done plenty already, but I do have a small 2008 list:

1). Electrolysis....I hate shaving!!!

2.) Finally get professional photos in the wedding dress I've had for 2 years.

3.) Complete my medieval gown and do a Rennasainse Faire dressed.

4.) A weekend at the beach in the Spring or late Fall.

5.) Got the ears pierced December 28th so that's off the list now.

A major event of sisters might be nice too, but I do weekends now with TransCarolina sometimes and I must admit I prefer 30 people to 300 or more.

Emily Ann

gennee
01-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Well here's a few I have on the agenda.
1. Lost 20 pounds
2. Attend more TG events.
3. March in inclusive St. Pat's DAy parade.
4. Be even more visible. I go out in public a lot so I am letting the
world know about me.
5. Travel. I'm hoping to travel to California this year so I may have an opportunity to dress out there.

This is just a few. I'm formulating my goals for this year. Joann, isn't it wonderful to achieve your goals? 2007 was a great year for me, too.

Gennee
:happy:

Fiona K
01-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Simple; get out more (and not just clubbing) ;)

cosmolovesph
01-03-2008, 06:08 PM
go to a tri-ess meeting
loose weight
go out more

Dawn Marie
01-03-2008, 06:36 PM
My 2008 to-do-list is just to be able to dress, with the wife knowing that I do it. Then maybe I will get to get out once more like I use to. I have so many beautiful clothes that I want to wear, but to afraid of getting caught wearing them. And I would like to go to my first group meeting, wether it be tri-ess or some other event for CDers. I so do miss going out full dress, of course back then (10 yrs ago) I still had my own long hair, it was down to my butt. If I can ever find pictures of it that my wife has not made me burn, I will post them.

melissacd
01-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Here is my kick at the can, surely incomplete, but gets me started:

1. Move in to a place of my own and create my own femme space
2. Organize my clothes, shoes, makeup, accessories etc...
3. Buy a couple of new wigs
4. Have laser hair removal on my facial hair
5. Spend more time dressed en femme at home and in public
6. Tell my children and siblings about my femme side
7. Get really good at my hair, makeup and general femme illusion techniques
8. Have my ears pierced
9. Attend a few femme week-ends away
10. Grow my hair long enough to style
11. Gain a better understanding of the depth and breadth of transgenderism in my life

Suzy Harrison
01-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Joann - first of all, Happy New Year for 2008.

You did so much last year I'd have thought they'd be nothing left to do this year ..... then I saw your long list... wow !! ...

Well girl there's no stopping you so I'm sure you'll get through that list in no time.

If I could do half of what you did in 2007 then I'd be so happy, but for now here is my list and I hope I can do them all:

1. Loose some more weight
2. Further develop the fem voice (it's coming along okay)
3. Go out to a Restaurant on a date (that's already lined up for this month)
4. Go to the movies
5. Spend even more time than last year enfemme
6. Improve my fem walk (I'm sure I've been read because of my walk)
7. Go to the SCC in Atlanta (staying there for 10 days)
8. The real hard one, fly to the other side of Aus and stay for a week enfemme.

:hugs: Suzy

gianna25
01-22-2008, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=joann07;1139679]18. Take a sea cruise. That would be an interesting trip. Did anyone see the movie "Boat Trip?". I would LOVE to meet the girl of my dreams on cruise ship.

Yes, join some of your other Florida Tri-Ess members on our next cruise out of Florida. We have a Halloween cruise planned for next October out of Miami and cruises in May out of Rome and early October out of New Jersey to Quebec. Being enfemme on a cruise is the ultimate!

Melanie

I hope to make this years Halloween cruise....i was supposed to be at 2007 but was unable to go....my TS g/f went and had nothing but great things to say about Melanie and her group....keeping my fingers crossed for a better 08 so i can make it.

G

susancheerleader
01-22-2008, 11:33 PM
My to do: Find a town/ comunity that is accepting of crossdressers.
(good luck with that)

If there were a place, I'd be more apt to go there, dress and get out and feel better about it.

Celeste
01-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Here's mine
2) Continue to improve my eating habits.Target 145 pds.
3) Exercise even if I don't feel like it.
4) Meet an accepting GG or cd to share fun with would be fabulous.

MaidInCan
01-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Expand my wardrobe-add a blouse and skirt or 2, maybe a new dress, some new panties (nylon or satin). Learn more about wigs and makeup, gaffs, and breastforms.
Hopefully, I'll be able to learn from the experiences of a lot of you wonderful girls on this site.

Lidia_tv
01-23-2008, 05:19 PM
To do list: get 2 more wigs and at least one more pair of sandals, get 4-5 new dresses and at least one costume. Regularly update my wardrobe and my cosmetics with all the usual stuff.

Oh, yes, and: dare go out for at lesat a 5 minutes walk all dressed up.

Veronica 1
01-23-2008, 08:36 PM
My 2008 list includes,
1. Maintaining my new sobriety (more money for clothes).
2. Firm up my stomach muscles and build my pecs.
3. Get a new wig.
4. Try and meet an accepting GG.
5. Work on my sagging facial skin and makeup skills.
6. Get an epilator.
7. Work on fem voice and mannerisms.
Some will of course be easier than others but I will have to try and accomplish these then maybe I will be able to go out in 2009.

heidi99
01-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Wow, that is an AWESOME list!

I think I want to get out more to some events, bar nights, practice with makeup, maybe go to a movie or two.

2008, let's make it great!

Laurelanne
01-24-2008, 04:16 AM
Well dye me hair, grow it longer pay more attention to my femme look again go out with my so as 2 girls get a really good wax shop more make new cd friends in the area and the list just goes on and on an on thanks L

Kathy Marie
01-24-2008, 08:13 PM
1. To get my first pedicure - French tips
2. To get out in public
3. To have professional photos taken of me in my replica Playboy Bunny costume. It's the real deal made by a former Bunny.