PDA

View Full Version : Once again, at the salon

terrigurl
01-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Yesterday, I had an appointment for makeup at a salon nearby. I arrived a few minutes late, but the receptionist told me to go ahead and change clothes, which I did. I put on my waist cincher, my bra with bust forms, my pantyhose, my boots (knee high!), and my wig. I then put on my new jumper (blue and black) and long sleeve t-shirt underneath. I thought it looked pretty good. She directed me to a chair and began the makeup application, first the foundation, then powder, then eye shadow and eye liner, then mascara, and lipstick and lipliner. When she finished, I happened to pass by another (female) client who was having a pedicure, and she smiled at me. I asked her if she thought the jumper looked better with or without a belt, and she said the belt gave me a better shape.
Then off I went to the Avenue, a shop for plus size gals, like myself (14 and up). When I got there, it was really crowded, as had the salon. I picked a really bad day to get myself made over. The manager told me that my jumper was "really cute", which pleased me and I smiled back at her. I think she recognized me from before. The shop was so crowded that I left rather soon, and returned to the salon, where I changed back into my drab clothes.
As I left, I asked the gal who was getting a pedicure if she liked my outfit, and she confessed "not really." I asked if she thought I could do better, and she said she thought so. I thanked her for her honest answer, and I asked if she liked the makeup and she said she thought that it was very good.
Then back home to the usual humdrum.

Terri:frustrated:

Sinthia
01-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Talking to the lady who was getting a pedicure was great, but maybe you could have asked her for some pointers on your dress that she thought would help. If she ventured any advice, you might even have ended up with a personal fashion co-ordinator.

Nicole Erin
01-01-2008, 04:44 PM
So why didn't you do more shopping instead of just going to the one shop?
Seems a waste to just hit one shop.

terrigurl
01-02-2008, 10:23 AM
In that area, on that day, there were only a few shops where I thought it would be safe to venture. Mervyn's, just next door, was packed. I did go there one time for a bra fitting appointment, but the person who fitted the bras was apparently not there, and I haven't gone back to the store while dressed. (I should probably ask someone in the women's department if it would be OK....) Oh well...