PDA

View Full Version : Breast Forms Cup size

Michelle-NC
01-01-2008, 04:44 PM
I am looking to purchase some breast forms, but have been having conversations with the wife on what cup size to go with? I know I don't want to go overly large, as I feel that will draw unwanted attention...and was thinking I should do a b cup size, but wife says at least a c cup? Any suggestions?

I am 6ft, 195 lbs, but will drop 10-15 lbs over the next couple of months now that I have started back running/walking..

Thanks!

Jilmac
01-01-2008, 04:50 PM
If I was your hight and weight I would go for a DD, but you said you dpn't want anything that big. I think a B cup would be too small but a C would give you an average bustline and would not draw undue attention. My:2c:, Jill

celeste26
01-01-2008, 05:16 PM
What is your chest size? a 'C' cup would be good for someone say 40-46 but if your chest is bigger then I would go with a 'D.'

Michelle-NC
01-01-2008, 05:20 PM
I am a 40, so I guess a C would be the best option.

irmichelle
01-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Hey there. I'm 6' tall as well. I've been told I have a wide frame and big bones. I started with a c but that didn't work for the clothing. Went to a dd silicone and that was still too small. Now I've got a double ff and my wife says that suits my frame. Just remember when getting breast forms, the silicone ones state a size but are not true sizes unless you already have boobs. I have both the latex and silicone but the latex are quite true to size. The silicone boobs are much more comfortable and natural looking but are much more expensive. Try buying a cheap pair on ebay under breastforms and click on some of the stores to get sizing info. Everyone prefers something different but these things can start getting pricey very fast. Michelle

serinalynn
01-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Well Michelle, If the pic in your avatar is really you, a B or C cup would be ok on you. I would'nt think you'll need more that a C cup.

Michelle-NC
01-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I am happy to say, that yes, that avatar is truly me :) Wife just took those pictures last Saturday.

Charlotte Cross
01-01-2008, 05:45 PM
I just recently purchased two sets of breast pads from JC Penney on line.
They are A to B and B to C. They go nicely with several different outfits I have depending upon the blouse or dress size. They simply fit inside your bra cup and smooth everyhting out nicely.
The price is $18.00 per set and can be found under bra accesories on the Penney's site.
Hope this helps you.

MsToriJones
01-01-2008, 07:39 PM
What I have recommended before is to buy bras in both a B and C cup, get some balloons and fill with jello to fill the bra. then get dressed up and see what looks and feels right for you.

I just noticed that you are in the same city as I am, maybe we will see each other in passing.

Michelle-NC
01-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Hi Ms Tori!

That is an excellent idea! I also see you are into corsets, which is another purchase I am after!

Yep. Same city! Hopefully some day we will see each other in passing!

Sallee
01-01-2008, 07:45 PM
I would go with a B or C You are thin. So a C with a form fitting outfit will show you off well. I use a C but I like a B on some outfits.
The great thing about being a T girls is you can change A to D with just a bag of rice or a water balloon.
Have Fun...Sallee

susanmichelle
01-01-2008, 07:46 PM
I would suggest for your size and build a C cup as well. Make sure you get the proper bra size to fit you and just use the C Cup. Thats my :2c:

MsToriJones
01-01-2008, 08:15 PM
Hi Ms Tori!

That is an excellent idea! I also see you are into corsets, which is another purchase I am after!

Yep. Same city! Hopefully some day we will see each other in passing!

Yes I make my own corsets so if you are interested in making one I have LOTS of patterns and have a grommet press also. we could make arrangements to do a corset day or 2.

Do know that this would mean only if it fit in to your life and your wife, I in no way would impose upon anyone just offering. I hate that you can't "hear" the way things are said so you could know with out me adding the extra info. ;)

vivianann
01-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi Michelle, if I were you I would listen to your wife since she knows your body size better than anybody else, plus as a woman she knows what will fit you best. you have a good woman there so you need to make her opinion count on this one so you will continue to recieve her support and blessing for your crossdressing.:hugs: Vivian

Janine cd
01-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I have discovered that B-cup breast forms are most comfortable for me. I am 6ft. 2in. tall and weigh about 150 lbs. When wearing less formfitting dresses I have found that adding a second set of B size forms fills the dress better. That's when I wear a 38C body shaper. Use your own discretion abbout Breast Size. Whatever feels comfortable and looks good will work.

Missy Anne
01-01-2008, 09:39 PM
I recommend definitely going with the C if you are getting good ones. I did, and now I wish they had been just a little larger as some of my outfits would look better.

I also got a couple of very inexpensive B sizes for use with different outfits.

Of course that requires extra bras -- but I see no downside to that. LOL

Missy Anne

Bernadina
01-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Michelle.

I have both size 7 and 8 forms. The 7's look good and are either a 34D or 36C. The 8's look good too when I want to be more full figured and are a 36D. I'm a tad shorter and lighter than you. Don't go with a B, I think you'll be disappointed.

Your wife is right on this one.

Patty
01-01-2008, 09:53 PM
I am 6' 180 lbs 40in chest and use a c cup - I just posted a pic that I took today with a new top. Go with what your wife suggest. :hugs:

sandra-leigh
01-01-2008, 11:26 PM
I am looking to purchase some breast forms, but have been having conversations with the wife on what cup size to go with? I know I don't want to go overly large, as I feel that will draw unwanted attention...and was thinking I should do a b cup size, but wife says at least a c cup?

I am about the same size as you, same height but about 10 pounds heavier and a 37 chest rather than a 40.

I find that unless I wear a stretch fabric or slinky fabric, that a B cup form (size 4) is nearly invisible on me, to the point where I can wear that size at work without anyone noticing at all.

I had some size 6 (roughly C cup for my body size) silicon forms: when I first got them, they were as big as I dared go and not feel like I was an eye-magnet "flaunting" my forms. I bought some size 7 (roughly D cup) silicon forms at the same time: I had only been planning to buy one set of forms, but when I tried on the size 7s, they felt deliciously naughty and I could not resist buying the larger ones too.

At the beginning, I wore the size 6 forms as my general-purpose forms, en femme first but then more and more while I was nominally in drab as well, and it was not uncommon for me to put on my size 6s under a shirt with a bit of stretch while I went out for lunch or on the way home on the bus. During that time, I only wore my size 7s while I was fully dressed and feeling like I specially wanted to flaunt, days when I wanted the attention, wanted people to look at me and think that I had lovely big boobs.

Well, there came the day when I stupidly damaged my size 6 forms while cleaning them (do not use napthalene to clean silicone forms!!) and so I had to switch to the size 7s for my regular wear. And darned but in a short couple of weeks of wearing the size 7s "around" (with regular clothes rather than clothes chosen to show off), the size 7s very quickly came to feel like the right size, and the size 6s came to feel like smaller than was appropriate for my body size.

A year ago, at the beginning of 2007, I went to a couple of professional form fitters: I never quite knew where to place the size 7s (D-cups) and I wanted a form that would fit my chest a little more naturally -- not specifically any more protrusion (not necessarily a bigger cup size), but a wider base. I also wanted to try on an asymmetric form and see whether I felt any difference. The first professional fitter told me that size 6 (C-cup) was absolutely definitely too small for my frame, that size 7 was really too small for me too, and she recommended that I get size 8. The second professional fitter (who only does fittings and selling of forms, whereas the first also sold lingerie) told me that size 8 was too small for me, and recommended that I go for either size 9 or size 10. I ended up going for size 10 asymmetrics; if I am wearing clothes that are decently tailored rather than just draping down in front, the size 10 asymmetrics give me a nicely "voluptuous" figure; people assure me that they "look good" and are not at all too big for me. In order to get full-coverage (form completely covered), I had to go for a 40G bra for the size 10s -- but I'm suspecting that the 40G is one size bigger than it should be for these forms.

When I (fairly close to the same body size as you) am wearing the size 10s (G or perhaps F cup), do I have "large breasts"? Yes. Do those "large breasts" look appropriate for my body size? Yes. Do they attract attention -- do people stare at me or "talk to my breasts" the way guys can't seem to help staring at big-breasted women? No -- they are just an unexceptional fact of life for my body size in most clothes. It is perhaps a different story if I am wearing something that really shapes around the forms, cutting right back in to my chest underneath the bulge: I don't tend to wear things like that in public because it makes my forms look "silly big" to me -- but in regular womens clothes, I have yet to get even one whistle or "crude comment" about apparent breast size while wearing my size 10s.

Thus, when deciding what size is right for you, you should be asking yourself questions such as "What kind of clothes do I intend to wear these with?" "Am I buying these only for the times when I want to look like a women to other people? (because it doesn't look right for a woman my size to be flat chested, so the forms are for 'protective coloration' to draw away suspicion)" "Am I buying these because when I look around, most women have breasts, so I guess when I dress, I ought to have some too, just like I would buy a purse?" "Am I buying these for myself, intending to wear them whether or not there is anyone to see them, because when I dress up, I do not feel like a complete woman if I don't have breasts?" "Am I buying these for myself, intending to wear them even in drab if I can, out and about, because when I have forms on, my body just feels more complete, as if I should have real breasts and they are missing?"

If you are getting forms with the intention of always hiding your new chest shape from outside view (even when you are Dressed outside the house), then the smaller the form the easier it is to hide, and foam forms are easier to hide than silicone (because foam forms compress.) If you are getting forms with the intention of turning attention away from yourself, "blending in", then getting too small of a form for your body size can be as much of a mistake as getting too large of a form. When you have too small of a form, then you get the effect often called "headlights", where your "breasts" are obviously perched on -top- of your chest. Real breasts merge with the chest, and starting from about C-cup, real breasts protrude a bit laterally beyond the chest, to the left and right underarms. (Asymmetric forms have that lateral protrusion, so if you go beyond DD you should quite seriously consider asymmetrics or else you risk having that "implant look".)

If you are getting forms because you feel like your body "should have had" breasts, then you will surely be unhappy with foam and possibly unhappy with PALS as well: silicone forms have the weight that just feels right, and there have been many a forum member who have put on appropriate sized silicone forms for the first time and have immediately remarked some approximation of "Mygod! Why didn't I get some of these *years* ago?? I never want to take these off!"

How big is too big? Well, let me put it this way: I've only ever had one person (outside the club) give any indication that they had noticed the bulge of my size 7 (D-cup) forms when I was in drab, even when I have worn slinky (but not tight-fitting) material. That one person was senior sales staff in a bra specialty shop: I had gone in to ask about getting a new bra for my size 10s, and when she understood that I was talking about forms I didn't have with me at the time, she glanced down and said, "Well I wondered, because what you have now doesn't look big enough for a G cup; what size is it, a D?" So a bra store staff, whose business it is to be able to size up women at a glance, did notice my D cup worn in drab. If anyone else has ever even noticed[I], they haven't even given me a visible "double take" -- so in my city at least, a 6' guy can be a 38D in public, with visible chest bulges, and as long as the clothes are not a "tight fit", no-one pays any attention.

How big is big enough? According to the professional fitters I visited, when you center the nipple of the form over your own nipple, then the form should cover pretty much as far as possible towards the center but with at most a tiny bit of the form left "hanging in space" at your sternum (where your chest dips at the center); also, for a triangular form, at most a tiny bit of the form should be left hanging in space at your armpit. If you do have any of the form left hanging in space at the center, then the form [I]might be a size too big; if you have any hanging in space at the armpit, the form is probably a size too big. If the two forms are touching at the center of your chest when you put your arms out front, then the forms are too big. If there is an appreciable gap between the edge of the form and the point where your sternum drops away, then the forms are probably too small.

Thus, as far as professional fitters are concerned, the proper size of forms is governed mostly by the width of the forms, not by the volume (cup-size) of the form or the depth the form protrudes. The wider your chest is, the further your nipples would tend to be from your sternum, and thus the larger the recommended form size would tend to be.

That said, there are rather uncommon specialty forms designed with a different curvature that might fit particular chests better. I tried on one from England (sorry, I do not recall the brand) that had a lesser outwards protrusion but which fit the curve of my chest incredibly well. If I had been in the market to buy an "everyday" form, big enough for my frame but modest, to "blend in", wear a lot, and maybe even wear to work, then I probably would have bought that -- but I decided that at the time as long as I was spending a bundle of money, what I wanted then was a really natural looking and proper sized sexy form, so I bought the asymmetric size 10s (va-voom!)

Nicole Summers
01-01-2008, 11:51 PM
I would think at least a C for you. I'm 6'2" 185 and I prefer a D. Depends what fits your fantasy I guess.

Nadia-Maria
01-02-2008, 06:35 AM
What I have recommended before is to buy bras in both a B and C cup, get some balloons and fill with jello to fill the bra. then get dressed up and see what looks and feels right for you.

The best way I have ever found to make an *inexpensive* confortable and adjustable form in the bra, is to fill a condom with water and make a double knot at the end of the condom.

Adjusting the quantity of mild water in the condom will allow you to choose the cup size (from B to FF or more)
Make different forms using various quantities of water. Then try them. It is very easy to compare comfort and appearence.

As for me I use almost always water forms when enfemme. Experience allows me to keep them in temperature and avoid them to explode ! They move a little when I am walking so that they are wonderful to wear as breasts.

When I need to increase the solidity of the breast forms, I use 2 condoms, so that when the one explodes, the second keeps the water within.

vineman
01-02-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm looking for some answers to the same questions. My babygirl is 5ft10 and a 36a I was wondering if going to something like a c would enhance she appearence. She wants DD, I think that would be to much.