PDA

View Full Version : And One Year Later Today...Here Amy Sits

Amy07
01-01-2008, 06:04 PM
So here I sit, one year after joining this forum.

I, like many of you, lurked about for months, wondering, wishing, asking, thinking about what this all means, trying to get on top of things, whatever. Fearful about joining, what does this mean if I do this? And here Amy sits.

I feel compelled almost to post, not for you, but for me. Please don't think me selfish, but, by doing so, maybe you, the forum, can gain a bit more understanding and compassion about your life and situation. But hell, I am in not in anyway so deep in understanding about any of this a year later.
And here Amy sits.

What do I do know now?

There are so many really great people here. So many. We lose that day to day I think. Serious talk, hints, jokes, tips, fun, games, and just real connections. New members, long time posters, part time, full time, just unbelieveable.

Dressing and passing is not a pre-requisite for being a crossdresser. Okay.
You can dress up, have fun, be yourself, and not have to go out to be a "real" CDer. Lots, like me, are tall (and maybe large) ladies, and will not pass. You can not go to Walmart in 5 inch heels unnoticed! That's not a bad thing, we all have fun, and feel wonderful.

Anyway, there is a vast spectrum of gender views and roles, dressing and dressers, masculine, feminine or any combination there of. No matter what you like, I think all are equally valid and robust in their parts here and in the world.

Hope you all have a Happy 2008 and beyond!

Very Respectfully,

Michelle-NC
01-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Well said Amy! Thank you for posting that. Happy 2008!!

Amy07
01-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Thank you, Michelle!

MAJESTYK
01-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Very well put. I happen to be of the larger and taller variety and I am quite satisfied to go out no more than to walk the dog and I am every bit a crossdresser.

breanna53
01-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Good points Amy. I thik yur insights sometimes gets forgotten. Thanks for the reminder, i hope everyone reads your post.

Stargirl
01-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Thank you for reminding me, too.

Ashley Williams
01-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Thank you for the encouragement.

I have only been a member for a few months - but I will look out for your previous posts now - and wish you also a happy 2008.

All the Best

Audrey34
01-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks Amy. The only place I desire to go these days is my local Tri-Ess meeting. I don't have to worry about passing. Just being among other cd's and having some fun. I really like that.
-Audrey

sterling12
01-07-2008, 04:13 AM
Honey, the first thing to note....NOBODY goes shopping in Walmart in 5 inch heels and gets by unnoticed, whether Boy or girl! "Blending," does not include 5 inch heels.

After one year, you are in the location you desire. No one says you have to move forward, backward, or sideways. If you get tired of your current location, do something about it and move on.

You are the Arbitrator of your own destiny, and that's a good thing. I detect a feeling that you are a little miffed at yourself. If you are meant to move on, it will happen. Your physical size, is not the issue. Genetic Women come in all shapes, varying degrees of beauty, different personalities. Nobody thinks that's inappropriate. It should be the same for Cd's, so don't let little things like that stand in your way.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Suzie S.
01-07-2008, 06:17 AM
Amy, that was very well put! :happy: Happy '08 to you also! I wish you well! :hugs:

Carrie
01-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Miss Amy,

Your reflections are much appreciated and I'm sure that many can relate. I hope that 2008 will be a great year for you and 1 year from now, your reflections will be even more profound.

~C

Angie G
01-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Thank you Amy I enjoyed your post it is a very good one hun :hugs:
Angie

Amy07
01-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Wow, thanks friends! See you around the forum!

NovaScotia
01-10-2008, 06:56 PM
But you said it so much better!

I agree, this is a great place to spend some time.