PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing: My Year In Review

windycissy
01-01-2008, 07:27 PM
2007 saw some incredible highs and one sad low: the suicide of Mr. Right…I’ll always treasure our romantic evenings together. On a brighter note, I was fortunate to meet two wonderful girls (one from this forum, another at a TG social group) who have become my best gal pals, it is so much fun to dress up and go out to dinner and shopping as women. In terms of style, my favorite acquisition was a new wig from a salon, fitted by a professional stylist (it makes all the difference, girls) and a complete women’s jogging outfit so I can now go 24/7 in women’s clothing and keep my girlish figure. What were your highs and lows for 2007?

Michelle-NC
01-01-2008, 07:36 PM
So sorry to hear about Mr. Right.

Here is hoping that 2008 is a great year for you!

kinberly 87
01-01-2008, 08:16 PM
sorry about your frend. i hop the new year brings you lots of joy.

joann07
01-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, but hopely things will work out for you this year.

My year was pretty much all highs. It's all in my post in the Out and About forum see my post: My 1 year anniversary

Hugs!

windycissy
01-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks girls for your thoughtful condolences. This my sound weird but I think having met other girls like us and become close to them has helped me to cope with my loss...it's a different kind of intimacy, maybe the closest I'll ever get to knowing what it's like to be a girl and have girlfriends, but it's like nothing I've experienced as a guy...like I said, weird, huh?

AllieSF
01-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Let's see, my year has been as a late bloomer newbie. Started for the first time in February or March, dressed at home, got first wigs (now wigs), breast forms, heels (don't use them anymore), sexy short skirts, tops to now more conservative classy chic, have gone out a dozen times or so, met some wonderful ladies from this site (including you Windy), been out on my own a couple of times with more to come this new year, and have just had one great time being me, or is it "us"?

melissacd
01-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Windy,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Here is to looking towards better times in the future.

My high has been gaining more confidence in my femme persona and my ability to dress and go out in public. I have also made many wonderful friends within the community.

My lows, however, far outweigh my highs. 2007 was the year that my ex and I decided to separate. That by itself would have been sufficient emotional challenge, however, in my confusion, selfishness and need to be needed and accepted I have hurt someone very special and very dear to me. I believed that I was further along in being ready to start a new relationship. The fact of the matter was that I was not far enough from my past, not sure enough of my sexual preferences and too deeply buried in myself and my own wants, needs and issues that I was far from ready to be the person that she needed. All of this made the relationship rocky from the beginning and led me to be less than honest about my feelings and my activities. This is not something that I am proud of and all I can do is my best to learn from all of this and move forward, hopefully not making these types of hurtful mistakes again. I am a long way away from being ready for a committed relationship. I cannot fix what I have done, however, I can only hope that one day she will forgive me.

2008 will be a time of reflection and personal growth so that I can truly understand what role cross dressing plays in my life and in turn how that will ultimately influence my future relationship decisions and choices.

Huggs
Melissa

Suzy Harrison
01-02-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I hope 2008 will be a wonderful year for you

:hugs: Suzy in Aus

KateSpade83
01-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Why did Mr Right commit suicide and how did he do it?

2007 - bought too much clothes and my most expensive one too! I'll try to be happy with what I've got but why do I keep shopping?

melissacd
01-03-2008, 08:41 AM
…but “ponder” this, it’s going to have to get pretty darn frosty down there before I will!

So 2007 is a bad memory…2008 can only be brighter now :D

I will ponder that and so much more. To a brighter 2008. :love:

JoAnnDallas
01-03-2008, 09:28 AM
2007 started off with me in the closet and hiding it all from my wife. My wife now knows. She is not 100% supportive, but I am making inroads there. See my post "My Christmas". I am hoping that 2008 will be better and I can get my dear wife to let dress up fully in front of her. But as thing are, I am completely satisfied so far.

Melissa A.
01-03-2008, 10:31 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, Windycissy. You have my condolences. It gladdens me that you are coping, and finding new friends.

2007 was a wierd year for me. I got a promotion, but the training period was long (6 months) and involved a severe cut in pay for a while. I would call that a high and a low. (my creditors would definitely call it a low!!) But it all worked out well, and things are getting much better. Another low for me was losing touch with the friends I have made here. I really felt like a part of me was missing. I did not have a computer for the longest time after my old one broke, and being very busy at work made access to one few and far between. I am now back, and hope I'll be forgiven by the people I suddenly stopped corresponding with. It's good to be home.

There's a relationship budding for me, but I am taking it slow, and really am not sure where it will lead. But I'm hopeful. We'll see. All in all, 2007 ended with the bar on the graph going north, and I guess that's all you can hope for-improvement and hope. Another high- I got to go out in NYC over my christmas trip, never been out as Melissa in the city before. I had a wonderful time! But that's another post.

Happy new year to all. I wish everyone health and happiness in 2008.

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

windycissy
01-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Why did Mr Right commit suicide and how did he do it?

Who can ever know why someone takes his or her life? He suffered for many years from clinical depression, although he used to tell me I was the sunshine of his life...in retrospect, I should have realized that he was getting worse, in fact he got busted for a DUI which hammered him financially, and he stopped taking his meds, I used to scold him about not eating right, but I never imagined that he would take his life. He stood me up for a date, and I only found out when a mutual friend called to break the news, I believe he did it with a hose up the tailpipe of his truck....