PDA

View Full Version : creative cd'ing?

Zoey
04-15-2005, 08:25 AM
From what I've read here, it seems like most started crossdressing around the ages of 11-14. I started much later, but I remember that the first time I felt a strong desire to try wearing women's clothes was when I was eleven. I didn't want to wear my mom's things and I couldn't get clothes from anywhere else, so I tried making my own. I would make my own temporary dresses using my bedsheets and would use clothespins and belts to hold the fabric in place. I did this off and on for several years. I'm curious as to whether anyone else did something like this?

As a kind of related question, I'm wondering if anyone here makes their own clothes? I know hardly anything about sewing myself, but I've often wanted to try crossplaying. That's the crossdressing variant of cosplay, where anime, manga, and videogame fans make costumes of their favorite characters and wear them out to conventions.

Sophie
04-15-2005, 10:29 AM
In my early CD days i made a skirt out of a pair of old jeans, and tried, (but failed) to make a dress out of some old t-shirts!!

Since then, i've made a couple of skirts from jeans. Even my girlfriend has worn them!!

Sophie

Brandy_Marie
04-15-2005, 01:32 PM
I love the question. I myself, I can't say as I have done that. I'm not very creative as far as making things, so I've never gone there. It's good to see that there are still some who are producers and not just consumers.

I'd bet there are probably a couple of people who both are involved in Renaissance Faires (or SCA) and/or other historical re-enactments and are also CDs. I bet they know how to make their own clothes; or at least have friends who can.

Brandy Marie Devereaux

Sweet Susan
04-15-2005, 02:51 PM
I've done some of those things. I have worn hats and scarves on my head before I bought a wig. I have done the sheet thing for dresses. I have never sewn a stitch. I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to be a seamstress.

azure
04-15-2005, 10:55 PM
and out of sight, how about the notion that those in our spectrum ct/tv/ts'tg have become very adept at concealing,disguising, hiding, improvising, camoflaging, and obscuring from view of prying eyes, their treasured clothes.
What lenghts have the girls here gone to, to ensure that they have not been compromised. Personally, Ive hidden womens military uniform under the noses of inspecting officers, and burowed through a fire place to make a store and improvised papier mache' to conceal any of my work : )
they dont call me me the pink panther for nada' (ok they dont call me that at all, but hey, this is my dillusion just leave me with huh)

DonnaT
04-16-2005, 07:01 AM
Many many years ago I designed a couple of skirts to be made out of old jeans, but never got around to making them.

One was a 3 tierd skirt, now guess what's in fashion. I could have been rich, not.

Another is to take a red or blue bandana (now there are more colors available that would work) and sew a triangular shape into each of four 'corners' of bottom 3"-5" inches of the hem. I've not seen that done yet, and think it would go over big.

http://www.bandanaworld.com/21103.JPGhttp://www.bandanaworld.com/25105.JPG

Dragster
04-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Hi Sophie,
It must be the "thrifty Brit" streak in us (were you around at the end of WW2?), but I too have made a skirt out of a pair of trousers, black in my case.The advantages are that you don't have to make the waistband, and you can model it to whatever style you like, knee length and very tight in my case, just how I like it!

I started sewing after a challenge from my wife to make curtains after I claimed it must be very easy for her to do it. "If it's that easy, then you do it" she said, so I did! I've since made skirts and dresses for her and my daughter, and trousers for my son. Since I am an engineer, I treated it like engineering with cloth. Both my wife and I have been quite happy to disclose the fact that I sew, but it's a very different matter when it comes to admitting that other "girly" pursuit, of wearing them myself!

Tony

Terri Li
04-17-2005, 05:15 PM
I own some of my own clothes like my pleather skirt and cami and my ebay $7.00 breast augments with nipples.
I love LipService and Hot topics and Wicked Temptations and Ebay for fairly cheap womens clothing.

I love Anime

I sewed my own MC Hammer pants and the dept sores have patterns for unisex clothing and patterns for dummies now.

Love byron-teri

AngelBelow
04-17-2005, 10:00 PM
lol i made a skirt out of a silk flower blanket. and some short shorts out of old small jeans ^_^.

Tristen Cox
04-18-2005, 06:49 AM
The most I've really done have been altercations. Although that would have to include taking a pair of jeans and transforming them into a nice denim skirt, most everything else has just been seamwork and cutting off a few sleeves here and there. Alayna like totally blows me away with her skills making corsets. I would love to have that kind of talent as well as patience.