PDA

View Full Version : would the real crossdressers please step forward!

Sophie
04-15-2005, 12:37 PM
There have been a few threads on here with people saying how lonely they feel as a transgendered person. Yet at the same time i look at people's profiles and see that many are living pretty close to me! I'm certain that i have never met you though!

Here's a crazy thought!

What if, everyone stepped forward and said "hello, My name is ___ and I sometimes wear ladies clothes...... and i'm normal, or at least as normal as you!"

The sheer number of people stepping out (if it was everyone) would surely show that it is really not unusual to be a Crossdresser, and would therefore make uncertainty and predjudice a thing of the past. We could all go out shopping, try things on in the stores. Who knows, they may even have a "male" changing room in shops like Topshop, or New Look!

it's purely a Dream i know. Especially as I could definitly not come out in public through consideration of my proffession. But....... What away to change the world!

think about it!

Sophie

ronna
04-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Wouldn't that be fun?

Like2BAspen
04-15-2005, 01:02 PM
that would be a perfect society where people could dress how ever they were comfortable as a man or a woman.

malecynthia
04-15-2005, 01:09 PM
at the same time i look at people's profiles and see that many are living pretty close to me! I'm certain that i have never met you though!
Sophie
I've just had a look at your profile and can't see any mention of where you live. Putting some idea of your location wouldn't exactly be coming out, so at least let us know if you are in the UK, US or somewhere else.
Cynthia.

Sissy Stephanie
04-15-2005, 01:11 PM
That would be wonderful! There would be a lot of surprises to people to see who our lovely sisters are. I think there is at least one crossdresser in every family somewhere down the line. It would be total ecstasy to go into a shop and buy all the lovely clothes and things that appeal to our true feminine nature. To be able to walk around in public as my true feminine self would be a dream come true. :D

Brandy_Marie
04-15-2005, 01:24 PM
Set a date and see how many people do it! Like anything in this world (including rising gas prices) we the people, as a collective, have more control than we often realize. However, which of us wants to be the one to step forward first and find we are alone? That fear is what keeps large groups from acting without some form of strong leadership.

So the real question is, who here wants to be our martyr, I mean leader, and lead us to Utopia?

Brandy Marie Devereaux

Melissa A.
04-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Great sentiments, Sophie! Love the idea.

I too, believe that there are alot more of us than we, or anyone realises. There must be dozens, if not hundreds of forums like this throughout the world. And there must be many times the number of cds who are not members of them than are.

Think about it-Just a generation ago, most of us thought we were so alone. Now we know that's not true.

What will the next step be?
You are a visionary, Sophie!!

Hugs,

Melissa :)

Sophie
04-15-2005, 01:41 PM
more power to the internet!

you're right Melissa. It was only when i moved out of home and got my own internet connection that i realised i was not alone.

What's next in uniting us as feminine force?

Any UK girls going to Sparkle? (http://sparkle.org.uk/) Could this be the next step?

Sophie

Priscilla1018
04-15-2005, 01:41 PM
Great idea.Just imagine the sudden boost in sales for clothing and what that would do to our economy.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

linda glam
04-15-2005, 01:42 PM
There have been a few threads on here with people saying how lonely they feel as a transgendered person. Yet at the same time i look at people's profiles and see that many are living pretty close to me! I'm certain that i have never met you though!

Here's a crazy thought!

What if, everyone stepped forward and said "hello, My name is ___ and I sometimes wear ladies clothes...... and i'm normal, or at least as normal as you!"

The sheer number of people stepping out (if it was everyone) would surely show that it is really not unusual to be a Crossdresser, and would therefore make uncertainty and predjudice a thing of the past. We could all go out shopping, try things on in the stores. Who knows, they may even have a "male" changing room in shops like Topshop, or New Look!

it's purely a Dream i know. Especially as I could definitly not come out in public through consideration of my proffession. But....... What away to change the world!

think about it!

Sophiewhat a psitively lovely idea sophie,oh what a world that would be!!

Ariel
04-15-2005, 01:47 PM
I have yet to have an outing (as it says under my name, Girl in progress), however, I do wear a pendant that I had made in one of those coin op things that says "My other name is Ariel" with the fem sign on it. Does anyone know if there is an actual symbol or sign for dressing, and if so, where to get it. If not, that would be one way of saying it, without "creating a fuss", and also, it would help us to identify each other. Not necessarily something huge and gaudy, though. Then maybe those of us that do wouldn't "feel so alone", and maybe have a little more "courage" and actually meet others.

Sophie
04-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Great idea.Just imagine the sudden boost in sales for clothing and what that would do to our economy.

Love and Hugs,
Priscilla

Quick! Everyone down the highstreet! Bagsie I get Oasis!

maidrita
04-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Sophie... I love the outfit you're wearing in that picture!

Sophie
04-15-2005, 01:51 PM
I have yet to have an outing (as it says under my name, Girl in progress), however, I do wear a pendant that I had made in one of those coin op things that says "My other name is Ariel". Does anyone know if there is an actual symbol or sign for dressing, and if so, where to get it. If not, that would be one way of saying it, without "creating a fuss", and also, it would help us to identify each other. Then maybe those of us that do wouldn't "feel so alone", and maybe have a little more "courage".

Great Idea Airel! there's a new thread right there! What should we use as a Symbol to identify each other? Some kind of Masonic handshake? Or Ariel's Pendant?

Darlene.
04-15-2005, 01:52 PM
that would be a perfect society where people could dress how ever they were comfortable as a man or a woman.

Well in order for a perfect society to exist one would have to be a perfect person. Perhaps that could start with you all, as I do not aspire to be that kind of a person. It is IMO too heavy of a load to carry. But please feel free to dream.

Darlene.

Sophie
04-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Sophie... I love the outfit you're wearing in that picture!

Versatile corsets! (http://www.versatilecorsets.com/store/maids/page-01.html) Quite expensive but worth every penny!

Julie York
04-15-2005, 01:55 PM
I have yet to have an outing (as it says under my name, Girl in progress), however, I do wear a pendant that I had made in one of those coin op things that says "My other name is Ariel" with the fem sign on it. Does anyone know if there is an actual symbol or sign for dressing, and if so, where to get it. If not, that would be one way of saying it, without "creating a fuss", and also, it would help us to identify each other. Not necessarily something huge and gaudy, though. Then maybe those of us that do wouldn't "feel so alone", and maybe have a little more "courage" and actually meet others.

There is a female/male symbol of the two combined but that would be too obvious. I thought about this myself and I think the little Angel symbol from UK Angels would work with only people "in the know" realising what it is. (It's a TG support group if you don't know.)

Ariel
04-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Thankyou Sophie and Julie. I agree with the m/f symbol. Like mine better. Sophie, I love the dress. :)

StephanieCD
04-15-2005, 06:39 PM
I posted about a symbol a while back... I heard a lot of good ones on this thread. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3106)

I like the butterfly - probably because I happen to have a butterfly tattoo ;)

The sign for Mercury, as I recall was a good one, too.

Bernadina
04-15-2005, 06:50 PM
I posted about a symbol a while back... I heard a lot of good ones on this thread. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3106)

I like the butterfly - probably because I happen to have a butterfly tattoo ;)

The sign for Mercury, as I recall was a good one, too.

http://www.geocities.com/bernadina_q/CD/thm_frbfly020.gif