PDA

View Full Version : Thought Process Changes

Tina_Someday
01-02-2008, 08:27 PM
I have read alot of people saying that they had There Thought Process changed when taking Hormones. Can somebody tell me exactly what changes?

Mean Green Irene
01-02-2008, 09:27 PM
I am not sure what they meant by that --- but for me the hormone treatment meant

Less internal conflict between the male and female parts of me.

More calm and relaxed - less likely to get angry or agressive.

It meant a reduction in sex drive. My sexual needs started matching my wifes needs in frequency.

And I love all of the changes

Irene

Lisa Golightly
01-03-2008, 10:20 AM
I guess the best way to describe it is that it feels like the handbrake has been taken off. With the removal of resistance comes an unimpeded velocity towards thinking beyond the limits of 'am I aren't I?' and 'what if' circular ponderings.

Maggie Kay
01-03-2008, 10:53 AM
I noticed changes in my approach to problems. My level of aggression which was not all that high diminished dramatically. I too feel a lot calmer. Calmer than I have ever felt in my life. I stopped liking violent video games and movies. Now the romantic stories and puzzle solving games are of interest. I tend to cry and get touched by emotional scenes and stories too. Babies look so much cuter to me as do pets. My nurturing side which was pretty dominant went into high gear. I used to really detest housework being a stay at home "dad" but now it has become like part of the landscape and natural to me. I shop with the other women at the grocery and supermarket just like I used to but now, I seem to fit in instead of being an oddity or curiosity. As a result, women don't usually come up to me and chat like they once did. Now, it is that they see me as another woman competing for the best stuff with them. We still smile a lot though. I always did that. I feel at ease in their company. With males, I am nervous and tense.
While I am basically asexual now being previously a hetero male, I am now able to appreciate the attractiveness of good looking males. I also am impressed at their confidence and strength. If I was to be sexual, it would be with a woman though.
I can now really appreciate beauty in women's attire and jewelry for artistic expression rather than sexual attractiveness. I notice a great outfit and envy the wearer.
I also love to talk and write now. I am a real chatterbox. It just flows out of me and I have to restrain myself in posts to not write too much... OPPS did that already.

GypsyKaren
01-03-2008, 11:27 AM
I'd say it's relaxed me quite a lot, especially since my SRS because I have no more testosterone to deal with, the Spiro only cuts it so much. I'm much more expressive, but all in all I'm still the same looney tune I've always been.

Karen Starlene :star:

Sharon
01-03-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm less prone to suffer from wild mood swings, but that could be just because I'm at peace with myself and no longer trying to hide or deny who I am.

Otherwise, I don't think anything has changed -- I still have the same personality, the same likes and dislikes, and the same intellectual capacity.

Scotty
01-03-2008, 01:39 PM
When someone does something stupid, ignorant or something that just pisses me off it takes a LOT more to get to me, I don't fly off the handle with the urge to want to choke them LOL

It mellows the thought process out a LOT, I think through things before doing them, to the conclusion.....seems like I'm more analytical now.

Funny thing is, even in politics, I used to be pretty right wing, and now save for my gun rights I'm mostly democrat.....the big picture comes into play, emotions attached to thought - consequences, you name it.

Hope that makes sense!

MJ
01-03-2008, 05:26 PM
for me a lot of stress i was carrying around just went away . i am a lot calmer relaxed , there's no more well what if !! the doubt is gone and yes my emotional state is way higher .. i guess you could say i am a very emotional chick .. kittens, puppy's, baby's, that sort of thing and cry at sad or happy threads

Satinpeta
01-03-2008, 05:36 PM
I too would love to start on th hormones, so what is you take? Where do you get the tablets and do you need a doctors OK?
Thanks for your comments, Luv Peta

JennMW
01-03-2008, 05:53 PM
I too would love to start on th hormones, so what is you take? Where do you get the tablets and do you need a doctors OK?
Thanks for your comments, Luv Peta

There is a LOT of info on the net, http://www.annelawrence.com/hormoneindex.html has some really good information.

Personally, I would NOT take any hormones without a doctors supervision.

Personally, I would NOT take any of the "snake oil" herbal/lotion remedies or the llke.

FWIW, I am on HRT and under a doctor's supervision.

AmberTG
01-03-2008, 07:08 PM
I think "calmer" and "more emotionally sensitive" are good discriptions for what HRT has done for me. Of course, I was always prone to emotion, but I managed to suppress it most of the time. It gave my inner child a new lease on life, I'm just as goofy as I was as a kid

Marvina Martian
01-03-2008, 11:01 PM
From what you all are describing I seem to be experiencing most of these symptoms as well, Just with me it is all by my self and without any hormones.....Curious.....

AmberTG
01-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Well Bre, I think a lot of this happens because we finally let our emotions out when we start on HRT, I think it's more about letting your emotions be what they should be, as opposed to the estrogen actually changing them. The lack of aggressiveness and more even temper is due to reducing testosterone, I would say, but being more emotional is something I think we would do anyway, if we would just let ourselves go with the flow of emotion instead of always suppressing it, like males are taught to do at a young age.

CaptLex
01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
Well Bre, I think a lot of this happens because we finally let our emotions out when we start on HRT, I think it's more about letting your emotions be what they should be, as opposed to the estrogen actually changing them.
I agree with you Amber. It's funny how you ladies say the same thing about starting hormones that we guys say, we feel calmer. Maybe it's that the right hormones are connecting with the right person, but maybe it's just that we finally feel free to be ourselves - whatever that may be. :happy:

Maggie Kay
01-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Well Bre, I think a lot of this happens because we finally let our emotions out when we start on HRT, I think it's more about letting your emotions be what they should be, as opposed to the estrogen actually changing them.

I think that this is really true as well. I have a sense of rightness when I feel things more intensely now. Curiously, I also don't get upset very easily now. Before HRT, I was a loaded firecracker or volcano that erupted at any misfortune or off hand comment.