PDA

View Full Version : Will the mail guy know?

MeraLehanga
01-03-2008, 04:14 AM
Please let me know, when you recieved your dresses through mail order, did the delivery guy knew what he was passing you? or one has to give instructions to the store to wrap the dresses in a brown paper? I bought my dresses and gear in a foreign country without any reservations but dont have the courage to do so in hometown, openly though. Thus, would like to try out the mail order and seeking here advise.

Emma England
01-03-2008, 05:06 AM
Anyone who delivers mail has so much to get through during the day, to them it is just another parcel.

You might be buying for yourself or it might be a gift to someone else. How does the mailer know? S/he doesn't.

Terri Ryan
01-03-2008, 05:31 AM
depends on the size the town you live in, I come from a small village & the lady who sorts the mail also sees me at the local club some nights, says hello & chats & Im sure would be to polite to comment( apart from being unethical) if she'd noticed anything odd about the parcels I receive including the odd overseas item with customs declarations stating cosmetics or whatever
terri

Kelsy
01-03-2008, 07:46 AM
I live in a small town and have to pick up my stuff at the po window. everyone knows everyone here they have to know I get this stuff for me.
picked up a package from cosmetique yesterday! I get fashion mags and clothes from all kinds of places. seems no one cares!

Kelsy:happy:

Annesah
01-03-2008, 09:05 AM
I order all my fem stuff under my fem name and it gets delivered as such. No conflict as I am the only women living here. Sometimes my guy (me) will sign for Annie but what's a guy for anyway? Sign for deliveries and pay the bills! I hope I am making myself clear.:D

JoAnnDallas
01-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Many mailorder houses will ship in plain packaging and even label them so that they do not reflect anyway what is inside the package. They do this for sucurity reasons, so not to let theives know if you have anything value to steal. many mailorder houses that deal with us do it also to help protect our identy.

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-03-2008, 09:59 AM
women keep us men around for lawn care and vehicle maintainance :D

Lissa Stevens
01-03-2008, 10:04 AM
My postal people and UPS/Fed Ex drivers deliver so many femme items to me that I probably pay for a weeks worth of their salary every month. I don't care if they know or not, and I live in a small town where everyone knows each others business.

veronicagirl
01-03-2008, 04:39 PM
If you order from JC Penney, that's all it will say, so no problem. If you order from Sexy Undies, it may say that on the return address. I've never had a problem ordering off ebay. When in question, email the company about their return address policy. If they don't answer, don't order.

Carol A
01-03-2008, 05:28 PM
I have never had a problem with the mail people and I live in a rural town where everyone knows everyone. I get catalogs of all kinds of female things, UPS comes to my door to deliver packages and no trouble. Now I only use my last name on the shipping list so nobody knows just who the package is for.:thumbsup:

Mixie
01-03-2008, 05:57 PM
I recently ordered a package which clearly read "Sexy Heels" and the guy just looked at me with a blank expression and said, "Sign here please"

I don't know, I suppose this is one of the few areas where I'm not bashful. The box could say, "Freaky sex toys" and I wouldn't bat an eye, and yet I can't even bring myself to LOOK at panties when I'm out shopping. We are complicated creatures, are we not?

slamddoger
01-03-2008, 06:32 PM
ther so many paces to delaver in day time thath they dont have time to look ho is ordering what

Deanna2
01-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Would the mail guy care?

Sinthia
01-03-2008, 07:49 PM
I used to work for FedEx and I can attest to the fact that the only thing that you pay attention to is the name and address, not who the package came from. Besides, if it says Macys, Target, Wal-Mart, etc., on the package, how would the delivery person know that there was panties instead of boxer shorts in there? Just order what you want and don't sweat the small stuff.

Kieroney
01-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Only comment I ever got wasn't from the femme cloths, but for only having three chrome car rims sent to my house, driver had to ask why, told him I had already had a matching rim from a my previous car. His response was okay, they are more concerned with the heavy car parts being del. than the light weight girly clothing, more work and strain on the heavy car part boxes.

Jenny Wilson
01-03-2008, 11:31 PM
MeraLehanga asked: "Please let me know, when you recieved your dresses through mail order, did the delivery guy knew what he was passing you?"

Absolutely!!!! The standard procedure is to package your dress in a transparent wrapping material. Then the fact that it's for you is printed on the package in bright, flourescent lettering and just to make sure everyone knows the dress is for you, there is a computer rendered image of you wearing the dress!

Just let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers!

Jenny

Glenda58
01-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Only if you answer the door in a dress. After awhile you will find it more fun going to the store and trying on dresses before you buy. But you have away to go first before you go out.

Shelly67
01-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Now this is a subject that makes me shudder....... Last year I ordered some breast forms from Germany - they were left for collection at my local Post Office . When I arrived to collect them , there was a large que behind me and I noticed that on asking for my parcel , I got some very very odd looks from the Post master and his assistant - the parcels plain brown packaging was torn , clearly showing what was inside. I turned scarlet , then in a flash of brilliance ( as all the que behind me saw what I,d been handed ) I remarked " Oh brilliant , that ,ll get the beggar on his stag night " . Most of the que laughed and asked to have a closer look .
Even the Post master smiled and wished me well with the Stag party...........

Needless to say , the breast form company had a rather stern email , advising that in future all parcels must be wrapped in nuke proof packaging .....giggle

Cristi
01-04-2008, 12:04 AM
I don't worry about the packages, even though I live in a really small town. If they even bother to look at the return address, all it has is the name of a company. Nothing indicates what is inside the package.

What gets ME is that when I order from somebody like Lane Bryant, I start getting TONS of catalogs from them, Romans (same company) and a few other places. At the peak, I can get 2-3 catalogs per DAY!

So that is when my mail carrier has to start wondering... why is she delivering all these "big and tall women's sizes" catalogs to my house when my wife is no more than a size 12?

A few times, we've had my mom check our mail when we've been off on vacation, but fortunately those times have been during 'slow periods' for the catalogs so I didn't have to explain anything to her!

When I place orders now, I make a point to ask them to please NOT add me to any catalog mailing lists.

Melanie W
01-04-2008, 12:17 AM
As a CDing mail carrier, I tend to notice Lane Bryant and Victoria's Secret catalogs going to a house that appears to only have a male occupant. That being said, most carriers probably wouldn't bat an eye. Most clothing orders come in opaque plastic bags with the companies name on the outside. As some have said, they don't plaster on the outside that the bag contains a very sexy mini dress in a size that is way too large for the woman of the house. Most mail carriers are so pressed for time we are just looking to get the stuff delivered and get out of the cold or heat. Those mail trucks are extremely cold in the winter and brutally hot in the summer.

raleighbelle
01-04-2008, 12:39 AM
I haven't had too much problem though I have worried about it a lot. I have worried about a package opening up or breaking even if packaged in a brown wrapper. But I order some things from Lane Bryant, and Woman Within and places like that, and I live alone, so even with brown packaging, it is pretty obvious I am probably not ordering new pants! But I don't care, if they asked I would just say it is for a gift. My biggest problem is as one of the others here has mentioned, that once you make one order, they flood you with catalogs, and though I love the catalogs, it is obvious I ordered some womens items from them. If you do order from them, it is best to request that they keep you off the catalog list.

Sallee
01-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Would the Mail guy care