PDA

View Full Version : Skirt vs. Jeans/Trousers

claudine
01-03-2008, 05:44 AM
When I watch how females are dressed in the streets only 1 out of 20 wears a skirt. But 19 out of 20 crossdressers wear skirts. On one of my first visits to the shopping area I was dressed enfemme in a trouser suit and hardly anyone looked at me.
Did you ever dress in trousers or jeans when enfemme and what was you experience?

StacyCD
01-03-2008, 07:08 AM
In different places and at different times the percentages of women wearing skirts varies tremendously. Simply as a matter of camouflauge it's easier hiding amongst similar items. However, if you enjoy wearing a skirt--wear a skirt! It's more important that you are comfortable with yourself than whether or not someone sees you as the guy in the skirt.

NYsong
01-03-2008, 07:31 AM
I love the way Women's jeans feel on my legs, so thats usually what I end up wearing. Another reason is that it is difficult for me to shave, living with my family and having extremely hairy legs.

If I may add a question for others, if skirt, shave or leggings?

I have been thinking of going the legging route for a while, but I kind of want to hear other's opinions on it.

Adrienne Heels
01-03-2008, 07:32 AM
I almost always wear pants or jeans to blend in with the GGs when I am out. I really don't want to attract attention.....just be myself

Suzy Harrison
01-03-2008, 07:55 AM
If I'm feeling confident on that particular day I'll wear a skirt to the mall - if not, then it's trousers - either way my legs will be free of hair.

MJ
01-03-2008, 08:02 AM
well i too almost always wear pants or jeans to blend in with the GGs when I am out. plus in winter time thats a cold wind that blows up your skirt

DonnaT
01-03-2008, 08:27 AM
I don't like jeans/trousers in boy mode, so why would I wear them in gal mode?

Besides, with my build, the skirt makes for better camo.

Margot
01-03-2008, 08:41 AM
Yes I wear slacks or jeans all the time now along with sweaters and a hint of makeup. I find no one really notices yet I get to dress in a feminine fashion. I also bought low heel winter boots with fake fur. No one seems to have noticed them either. If they have they have no said anything. I also keep my nails long but not coloured. I do use hardner on them.
If you're like me there's no use trying to pass fully made up in dresses although my wife seems to think I would be ok.
Have you tried the new stretchy denim jeans? They're wonderfull! I have a flared pair and straight legged pair. They feel great and move well. I wear size 16 and I like the high waists of womens slacks.
You made some good observations.
:hugs:
Margot

Chari
01-03-2008, 09:54 AM
For everyday wear in colder weather, I prefer a skirt or denim jumper with a blouse, a pullover sweater, and tights, but fitted girl jeans are also fun to wear. Girls jeans fit me so much better than the big, baggy, rough guy jeans that just hang and drag. As for shaving - good girls always keep their body silky smooth! :2c:

Chari

Lissa Stevens
01-03-2008, 09:59 AM
I wear women's slacks, shorts and jeans exclusively when going out. I wear a skirt or dress very infrequently. I pretty much dress like the average gg does.

carolinebrookes
01-03-2008, 10:02 AM
It all depends upon the situation really. I find that I get less attention when I wear jeans or trousers, especially in winter, but then I do try to blend in if I'm out shopping.

I did post a picture of me in jeans some time ago in the picture section, I'm sure you could find it in previous posts somewhere if you need to see.

I did go out recently to town on a Christmas shopping expedition and wore a denim skirt, suede jacket and black knee high boots. The place was so busy I don't think anyone bothered looking or if they did I didn't see them! :heehee:

I'll try to post a pic of the outfit in the pic section

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-03-2008, 10:05 AM
i wear pantyhose 24/7 so i keep my legs hairless,,and i LOVE to wear skirts,,
my legs dont get cold if i keep my body and my arms warm.:D

tamarav
01-03-2008, 10:11 AM
I used to sit in malls and watch women go by and marvel at the few skirts or dresses that I saw. I now work in a hair salon and see maybe 1 dress a week.

Guess that is why I wear jeans most of the time, pantsuits and slacks the rest of the time...

sandra-leigh
01-03-2008, 10:23 AM
plus in winter time thats a cold wind that blows up your skirt

I dealt with that recently by going out and buying a winter skirt. The Bay was pretty much useless for that -- they only had one (expensive) candidate and it wasn't lined nor especially thick. I found a great one at Tall Girl: grey wool (or wool-look anyhow), lined, swishy, and full length, right down to the floor if I am not in heels.

Also, when I was out the other day snowblowing for several hours at -23C/-13F windchill, with my long denim skirt that goes to about 4 inches above the ankle, a regular pair of tights (not pantyhose) was enough to keep my legs comfortable in the little bit above my boots. It was cold enough that I had to change to much thicker boots and gloves, but my legs were only slightly cool, not cold at all.

I used to sit in malls and watch women go by and marvel at the few skirts or dresses that I saw.

Around here, although the fraction of women in skirts or dresses is not especially high, you see a few of them on most trips to the malls, even if the malls are not busy. Skirts and dresses are thus not "rare" here, and are not "out of place" unless they are the wrong kind for the surroundings (e.g., billowy multilayer party skirts; or dresses that are obviously "too expensive" for the middle-class malls.)

Melissa A.
01-03-2008, 10:48 AM
I have a pretty large wardrobe-but only a few of pairs of jeans and slacks. I really do prefer skirts, and that's what I almost always go out in. I have noticed that skirts are making a comeback. In the warm weather, you see lots of women wearing them. In the winter, if I'm out walking about, I usually have my long overcoat on, so what I'm wearing underneath isn't as noticable. If I go to a club at night, It's to a place where no one cares that I'm a crossdresser, so I can wear whatever I want to. I suppose if I tried to pass in a mainstream bar (a VERY scary proposition, at least up here, maybe not so much in the city) I would wear jeans, as 99% of women going out wear.

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Carly D.
01-03-2008, 11:43 AM
I agree that women really don't dress up at all anymore.. and I think cross dressers stick out more now because of this.. in fact more crossdressers wear pantyhose or tights than women do I think.. and that is another reason I look at these sites (crossdresser) for the pictures of us "guys" wearing dresses and skirts and heels and especially hose... CHEERS TO US!!

Emma England
01-03-2008, 02:11 PM
Well, at this time of year it is a bit cold. So most people do not like wearing a skirt.

sandra-leigh
01-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Well, at this time of year it is a bit cold. So most people do not like wearing a skirt.

Heck, does it even snow there? Looking at your weather forecasts, it looks like you barely dip below freezing, and that skirts should be fine where you are as long as they are rain-proof.

Brandy H
01-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Up here in the North East, it's often on the cool side. If I'm just going shoping or out for an errand I wear jeans. If I were going to a dance or out to dinner etc. I would wear a skirt or a dress.

Applelicious
01-03-2008, 03:20 PM
When I first had the desire to start crossdressing, I think women's jeans were a huge influence towards making that decision. I just knew I always wanted to wear them ever since I was small. I never really noticed how seldom GG's wore skirts until I started visiting TG and CD websites, where it was pointed out much like in this thread. I started thinking about it, and then I started looking around and didn't see too many GG's wearing skirts. The ones that were wearing them, were usually pretty young and almost always jean skirts.

I love to wear skirts too, but usually wear them when I feel like dressing a little on the nicer side. Plus a lot of them just go so well with boots, which is another thing I love to wear.

Janine cd
01-03-2008, 03:22 PM
I love wearing long skirts in the winter. they are especially attractive with high heeled boots. I do wear jeans quite often, usually when going out in the snow. I pair the jeans with a heavy turtleneck sweater and femme shoes.

gennee
01-03-2008, 03:31 PM
I wear skirts and dresses, period. I wear pants and jeans in male mode so why should I en femme. Besides, I enjoy showing my legs :D.

Gennee

veronicagirl
01-03-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm heading out for happy hour in 20 minutes. People will see a polo shirt and jeans. Hane-Her way shirt, Bubblegum stretch jeans.... else will be thong, pantyhose, white cheer socks, and cheerleader sneakers. I can't pass, but I can have fun.

bridget thronton
01-03-2008, 05:19 PM
I prefer skirts, but I have been adding women's pant suits to my androgynous work wardrobe.

lisa_e_love
01-03-2008, 05:21 PM
When I was little, the huge draw of crossdressing was getting to wear a skirt because it was so different than what men wear as a bottom. Now, it depresses me to see skirts so infrequently. I don't think all women should wear skirts all the time - I am mainly perturbed because it means I have to wear a skirt infrequently as well to blend in.

But sometimes you think, "If only they knew what they had..!"

Eugenie
01-03-2008, 05:47 PM
When I watch how females are dressed in the streets only 1 out of 20 wears a skirt. But 19 out of 20 crossdressers wear skirts. On one of my first visits to the shopping area I was dressed enfemme in a trouser suit and hardly anyone looked at me.
Did you ever dress in trousers or jeans when enfemme and what was you experience?

Indeed your stats are pretty accurate... I played that game, without a very scientific method, while wayting for my airplane, I counted women wearing pants as opposed to wearing skirts or dresses. At least fo those traveling by plane the proportion is similar to what you said...

As for your question, indeed I do use jeans from time to time, albeit a lot less frequently than skirts. These are women jeans and I enjoy wearing them; they make my thighs more feminine...

Other throusers don't fit me well... So I don't use them.

:hugs:
Eugenie

Deanna2
01-03-2008, 06:44 PM
It is a great pity that more GG's don't wear skirts. However, it is summer now (and very hot) in my drabland and I am pleased to report that the incidence of skirts is higher than 1 in 20.

For myself, I can wear jeans any time. Why would I want to wear them when I have the opportunity to wear a skirt.

Pamela Julie
01-03-2008, 07:04 PM
I seldom go out dressed enfemme. When I do, I always wear jeans. They fit perfect, and are comfortable, and I blend in. At home, I like skirts for the freedom of fit.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
01-03-2008, 07:18 PM
:happy:Prefer Skirts anytime, even in wintertime wearing skirts can be warm. What I have found out is if you keep the lower half of the legs warm, by wearing legwarmers you feel warmer all over, why I'm not sure but it works. I'm warmer in side the house as well. Plus the legwarmers are in my opinion sexy.:happy:

jennifer41356
01-03-2008, 10:03 PM
I wear skirts mos tof the time when i am out, especially in the spring and summer, I Wear skirts a gal would wear in the day, maybe knee length, sometimes a bit shorter, i love it, I feel very feminine when I do..I have been told I have nice legs:D:love:

Glenda58
01-03-2008, 11:43 PM
If I was shopping I would wear slacks or jeans. But if I was going out to eat or a show I would wear a dress or skirt and top.

Patty
01-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I prefer to wear fem jeans as most women wear them here. Do not see many skirts.
I do love to wear skirts maybe more when I am out in the summer.

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-04-2008, 01:37 AM
:Pullhair::censor: what others are wearing,,, if u like to wear something then :censor: wear it......:2c:

im out everyday wearing pantyhose openly and i dont see but maybe 3 pairs of pantyhosed legs a month around here :rolleyes:

Michelle (Oz)
01-04-2008, 02:14 AM
My personal preference is to only wear skirts and dresses. Fortunately, Australia isn't at the 19 in 20 wearing pants yet so I don't stick out plus we are now in summer.

Leggings and stockings stand out as wrong in summer so bare (i.e. epilated in my case) legs are go. I do like leggings and stockings for winter.

Michelle (Oz)

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-04-2008, 11:07 AM
:rant:who says pantyhose/tights r wrong for summer???? the fashonistas???? what the H do they know, who made them experts????
i live in Phoenix Arizona one of the hottest places on earth and i wear my pantyhose in the dead heat of the summer, OUTSIDE, and while riding my bicycle in the heat,,with shorts or a skirt,, they actualy keep me cool as they wik the perspiration away from my skin into the breeze:2c:

julie w
01-04-2008, 10:27 PM
I have womens jeans and pants but rarely wear them ,if I cant wear a skirt
I dont bother dressing , I wear pants as a man and and spend my time wishing i was wearing a skirt