PDA

View Full Version : Today it paid off

Cristi
01-04-2008, 01:34 AM
I couldn't think of a better subject for this post, but something I did a few months ago DID pay off today and made my day a bit nicer :)

On halloween, one of the things I did was visit a client while dressed (sweater, skirt, black tights, full makeup, etc etc). It was kind of a cool day and one thing the office manager and I talked about was how warm my legs actually were with the tights on, even though I was wearing a short, light skirt.

During that conversation, I half jokingly said to her "Maybe I'll hang on to the tights in case I need them this Winter!" to see what her reaction was. She very matter of factly replied "That's not a bad idea, I wear mine all the time in the Winter to stay warm".

So fast forward to today... we've been in a bit of a cold spell up here. This morning, I had to visit that same client. When I showed up at the office, the thermometer wasn't even above 0 F (It had dipped to -6 during the night). As we were chatting before I got to work, we were making small-talk about how cold it has been. She asked me if I was really cold, since I'd had to walk quite a ways from where I'd parked. I got up my nerve and told her "No, actually... remember our conversation about tights on Halloween?" I lifted my pants leg a bit so she could see that I was wearing tights, not socks.

She said "I TOLD you they would come in handy" with a smile. She thought it was a great idea for such a cold day and said she was kind of chilly and should have worn some herself!

The entire conversation was over in a moment and was no big deal to her. In no time we were working on the reason I had stopped to see her... but my entire day was a bit brighter.

Now this woman has seen me fully dressed on halloween AND knew I was wearing tights under my pants today... and didn't think anything of it. In fact, SHE was the one who finally said at the end of the conversation that I might just have to buy a few more pair if this cold weather stayed around much longer!

I probably wouldn't have gone this far with anybody else, but she'd always struck me as a very open 'live and let live' kind of person.

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-04-2008, 01:44 AM
:thumbsup:

double bonus for us pantyhose/tights lovers, as we dont see to many females wearing pantyhose/tights anymore..

Cristi
01-04-2008, 10:34 AM
double bonus for us pantyhose/tights lovers, as we dont see to many females wearing pantyhose/tights anymore..

I'm lucky enough to do a lot of work for a pretty formal business (financial institution) where they have a pretty strict dress code.

Women CAN wear pants, but most of them end up wearing skirts or dresses, especially in the Summer. Of course, most of them wear PH or tights when wearing a skirt. This particular woman I was talking with yesterday usually wears VERY short skirts with pantyhose in the Summer.

Come July/August I get VERY jealous of all the light flowing cotton dresses that they can wear to stay cool, while I am stuck in dress pants, shirt and tie!

Jilmac
01-04-2008, 11:05 AM
I wore pantyhose under my jeans during really cold spells and found them to have the same insulating quality of thermal longjohns without the discomfort or itching. Your office manager sounds like a cool person we need more people in the world like her. Luv, Jill

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-04-2008, 12:16 PM
sort of out of place but may fit......... i went to a diferent branch of the bank i use and the women who wer in skirts had pantyhose or patternd tights on,, while at my branch they r ALL in pants cept one who wears skirts alot but is ALWAYS bare legged,,
bare legs :puke:

veronicagirl
01-05-2008, 10:58 AM
It's a well known fact that professional NFL players wear pantyhose for outdoor december games.