PDA

View Full Version : 'Passing' online?

Cristi
01-04-2008, 01:06 PM
OK, something just happened that I didn't look for intentionally, but it is still kind of cool.

I have an email account for cristi on gmail. It is cristi.<lastname>@gmail.com

So a few days ago I got an email at that address that was obviously meant for somebody else. Since it looked like the kind of email that was pretty important, I replied to the sender to tell him that I don't think I was the one it was meant for.

It turns out that his SISTER'S emai address is <lastname>.cristi@gmail.com and he had entered it backward. The fun thing is that we exchanged a few emails afterward and ended up having a small conversation via email. So, unintentionally I ended up 'passing' as a woman with him. It was a bit strange to think that HE thinks he is chatting with a woman.

My question is, how many others here have female online personalities in other places than this website, where people have no idea that you are anything other than a GG? I know that at the very least, there are probably quite a few of us that game online and play as female characters!

Shelly Preston
01-04-2008, 01:14 PM
This has happened to me because of MSN

For some reason a girl issued her email address to her contacts

She gave them mine by mistake

So I ended up passing to around 6 or 7 people :D

Thi also happened when a friend never cleared her laptop memory properly :eek:

Jodie Wexler
01-04-2008, 01:24 PM
I have my female email address so I can join sites like, this but I have never attempted to pass as a women in any email communications.
Just recently I contacted a local lingerie shop using my Jodie email but I informed them I was a CD and that I was wondering if their shop was CD friendly. I also said I would visit the store as a male if I came.
I received a nice reply stating that they were and that I would be welcomed.
Jodie

Jilmac
01-04-2008, 03:05 PM
it never happened to me but i'll bet it would be a real kick to pass on line, especially because I'm not passable in person.

Marvina Martian
01-04-2008, 03:43 PM
I do it inadvertently all the time. Since most of the time my emails are a little femme and I just use Bre a lot of people just assume and I'm OK with that. ;)

Communicating into this nameless, faceless box is quite easy and makes me be able to let my inner self out when I am writing. I quite like that as I am sure many of you also do!

Sapphire
01-04-2008, 04:42 PM
It does not seem right to use email in this way.

Mariah
01-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Of course I have a female e-mail (Abit I own 5 domain and have 30 e-mails lol)
as for personalities on line, I have my true (girl), the one I've and for ages for gaming (guy), one for car sites (guy), one to snoop on old friends (russien guy), and in a old life my hacker name. I'm going ot get rid of all but my true account. no need for the rest really.

hopes!
keris

Michelle Reilly
01-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I've had my "girl" e-mail/identitiy for about six years now. I use it for those things I don't want in my regular guy e-mail.

susann_gardener
01-04-2008, 05:42 PM
I have had my girl net-identity for as long as the 'net has existed. Many forums... :happy:

Kristen Kelly
01-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I have a few female e-mail addresses that I use to send catalog offers and such, I even have a e-mail I use at the gaming site I play Texas Hold-em, while chatting keeps their minds off the game it's Kristen38DD, they are always looking to start a conversation :tongueout

Eugenie
01-04-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm not surprised... You have some very feminine features; in particular a beautiful cleavage...

It has happened a couple of times to me too that someone took me for a woman on the basis of my pictures...

I've subscribed to "Netlog" upon the invitation of a "sister". This is an open type of system, which is rather openly accessible.

Through that community, I've been a few times contacted by men who thought that I was a woman. But I must admit that I filled my profile as a "female" (the "transgender option wasn't available and I didn't want to put in "male"). However, in my profile description I said "Woman by choice"...

Well I find it rather flattering to be called a woman...

:hugs:
Eugenie

Sally24
01-04-2008, 07:01 PM
I had one guy send me an invite to go dancing after viewing my MySpace profile. Mind you, it says many times crossdresser and t-girl. About a minute after the first e-mail he sent out another one after he noticed the cd in my profile. He was very nice about it but just didn't want to dance once he found out. I told him I took it as very nice compliment that he thought I was a lady that he would like to take out dancing!

Nicole Erin
01-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Nope, I am a guy online.
You see, there are a lot of perverts who see so much as a female name or the letter "D" or the number 38 and want to cyber.
Aside those who can read French, most people don't know what my email addy means anyways.

Michl41
01-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Since I'm such a hopeless lesbian, I've entertained the idea of going on-line as one.........do u think it's wrong or not???????

Michl41

Scotty
01-04-2008, 07:15 PM
I guess that makes me a schizo or something, I have my femme personality online and very femme and IS female.
Then I have my guy side, which is funny b/c there is another by the same name as me that is famous......

MJ
01-04-2008, 07:20 PM
yes i do and one time i started i dialog with this woman she thought i was a gg and i was not going to say anything until she found out i like woman well she did too and she wanted to web cam and then she wanted to get naked :eek: i made some lame excuse and log off ...
morale of the story be truthful up front

Cristi
01-04-2008, 09:26 PM
...morale of the story be truthful up front

I agree, and want to stress the fact that I did NOT try to deceive this person in any way. I just wanted to send him a quick message about his error, but didn't feel the need to say "..and by the way I'm a crossdresser".

wannabie
01-04-2008, 11:32 PM
how many others here have female online personalities in other places than this website, where people have no idea that you are anything other than a GG? I know that at the very least, there are probably quite a few of us that game online and play as female characters!

Yea, and I'm one of them. I get mail for Joanna from correspondence, meetup groups and blogs. I posted my resume seperately with Joanna's and my name and she gets a lot more job offers than I do, and its usually for more money. Its kinda funny but I'm kinda jealous of myself. she gets better job offers than I do , and has better online friends than I do. :sad:

cj
01-05-2008, 12:19 AM
Since I'm such a hopeless lesbian, I've entertained the idea of going on-line as one.........do u think it's wrong or not???????

Michl41
I have a confession to make.... somehow someone sent an invite to me to join a womans social website... so I figured it must be a sign from up above and I joined. I created a fictitious identity (kinda what I would be if I had been born a woman) and started participating.... well, in the end I became friends with apparently a very hot bi-girl who was really into well... I guess you'd call it lesbian cybersex... it was really cool. We had some really fun back and forths... it was a very interesting expereince. Is that wrong? I'm a good person and no one got hurt. We really became good online friends... so what if she was friends with my fantasy self?

androgyne
01-05-2008, 01:50 AM
I had one guy send me an invite to go dancing after viewing my MySpace profile. Mind you, it says many times crossdresser and t-girl. About a minute after the first e-mail he sent out another one after he noticed the cd in my profile. He was very nice about it but just didn't want to dance once he found out. I told him I took it as very nice compliment that he thought I was a lady that he would like to take out dancing!

That very amusing, lol.

Pamela Julie
01-05-2008, 05:23 PM
My online femme identity is not intended to deceive anyone, only to identify my inner femme being. Except for here, I don't have personal conversations on the web. So I am not deceiving anyone.

MJ
01-05-2008, 06:46 PM
I have a confession to make.... somehow someone sent an invite to me to join a womans social website... so I figured it must be a sign from up above and I joined. I created a fictitious identity (kinda what I would be if I had been born a woman) and started participating.... well, in the end I became friends with apparently a very hot bi-girl who was really into well... I guess you'd call it lesbian cybersex... it was really cool. We had some really fun back and forths... it was a very interesting expereince. Is that wrong? I'm a good person and no one got hurt. [QUOTE]We really became good online friends... so what if she was friends with my fantasy self?

Because we are playing with there heart and you know what could happen

JoAnnDallas
01-05-2008, 11:57 PM
On occasion I have got emails from people on my yahoo email account. I also get a few IM's from men who have found my yahoo profile. every so often I will discover that they did not read my profile and thought they were IMing a real GG. I had this one guy that refused to believe me when I told him I was a crossdresser. He insisted that I was a real GG and only trying to fool him. I did not think I look that good. LOL

Niya W
01-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Guys on yahoo are stupid. They would ask me all the time am I guy or a girl. Read the profile and it will tell you every thing

LynnInDenver
01-06-2008, 02:53 AM
On the forums I've been Lynn on, my status was an open secret, but I had people compliment me on my 'ability' to 'hold character'. It was an eye-opener the first few times.

JoAnnDallas
01-07-2008, 10:43 AM
The first time I got a IM from a guy that thought I was a GG, I was flabergasted. I asked him question on how I looked and what he thought about my outfit and etc. We talked for about 15 minutes, then I told him I was a MTF CDer. He was quite for a couple of minutes and then came back saying I was fooling him. I told him NO I was not. Finially he said if your REALLY not a GG, you should have been born a GG. I was so fluster about the whole thing, I did not know how to respond. I know we all try to dress to blend in, that is not to be noticed, but under close scrutny, I am sure that anyone will be able to tell I am really a guy. Later I took these incidents into account when I started going out in the public. I figured that if some people thought I was a real GG, then mabey most will not notice and leave me alone. As it turned out most don't notice and those who do don't really care. LOL

veronicagirl
01-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I will admit that I go to 1 site where everyone "knows" that I'm a girl. It's a site for recipe exchanges, talk about makeup, fashion and girly stuff. It's fun and innocent.

Carly D.
01-07-2008, 12:45 PM
This is the only place Carly exists... I am electronic... I was and am not really Carly.. or maybe I am....