PDA

View Full Version : CD conventions/get-togethers at hotels

heidi99
01-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Hi, all.

I'm thinking of attending a function later in the year, and had a question about mode of attire at these events. Like LA CINDY LOVE, the clothes I like best are a little on the edgy side. I was wondering how things go at these functions. I think during the day there are classes. Do most dress a little more conservatively for those? And then are there parties later at night where the edgier fashions make an appearance?

Thanks, all!

Heidi99

Kaitlyn Michele
01-04-2008, 10:07 PM
heidi

whatever you want!!! thats the honest answer.. i got changed 5 times a day when i went to my conferences... drove my roomates crazy!!

shirley1
01-04-2008, 11:30 PM
i will be going to the one in october thats for sure what to wear well i'll just take about 4 or 5 outfits including my school uniform just in case ! dont think you can possibly know how to dress for these occasons i guess anything goes !

Phoebe Reece
01-05-2008, 12:01 AM
At SCC in Atlanta, most (but not all) tended to dress somewhat conservatively when going to the seminars during the day. However for nightime and other functions, it was pretty much anything goes. It's best to bring a good variety of outfits so you can wear what you feel comfortable showing off.

KELLYANN
01-05-2008, 06:13 AM
HI HEIDI. i've attened BE-ALL in chicago only the last two yrs. all the girls there fill a very broad spectrum. from conservative to sometimes a bit outragous. dress as you feel fit! don't know if you have been, but i highly recommend going. what a great time. i soo look forward to it every year now. come for the week, or even a day or two. you will enjoy yourself. you will be among many friends, as us "girls" pretty much take over the hotel. you can go to WWW.BE-ALL.ORG (http://www.BE-ALL.ORG) for more info KELLYANN

BTW HEIDI, JUST LOVE THOSE BOOTS!:happy:

Lilith Moon
01-05-2008, 06:30 AM
At the ones I've been to to many people dressed appropriately as GGs would for a social occasion...party frocks and stuff. Others dressed more casually...denim skirts, for example. A few do "dress to impress" and that has always been accepted. Quite a few folk will change several times during the day. After all, this might be the only chance to show off outfits for a while, so show 'em :D

SweetCaroline
01-05-2008, 06:53 AM
My opinion on style has always been simply this: If it's appropriate attire for a genetic female to wear out in public, than a T-girl has every right to wear it as well.

Tho I would also advise to be aware of your surrounding and dressing more conservative during the day isn't a bad idea (but then again, I like to dress more conservatively anyways). Dressing at a place where there may be children of families is different from say a night club or a bar. But I think for the most part, if there's a gathering going on, you should be more or less free to dress the way you want.

Good luck and have fun. I myself will be attending my first transgendered convention in less than two weeks, and I can't wait!:D

JoAnnDallas
01-05-2008, 11:52 PM
When I attended HEF, the daytime wear was pretty much conservative. Nighttime wear was more formal. We had one evening where we went to a musical concert, so it was evening gowns and such that night.
As others have said, take a variety of clothing. Most events like HEF and such will post on their websites the itinerary, so you can get and idea from that. Also PM others who have gone to the event in the past for tips.

SandyR
01-05-2008, 11:58 PM
One of my goals this year is to attend a CD function. I look forward to ready the rplies.

SandyR

Niya W
01-06-2008, 12:02 AM
lOl My first convention I changed 3 times the first day. I only changed twice the second day. Some asked what no third act :)

Marvina Martian
01-06-2008, 01:07 AM
One of my goals this year is to attend a CD function. I look forward to ready the rplies.

SandyR

This is something I wish to do as well! It will be so much fun!!!!

Melissa A.
01-06-2008, 01:22 AM
I think during the day there are classes. Do most dress a little more conservatively for those? And then are there parties later at night where the edgier fashions make an appearance?

Thanks, all!

Heidi99

I would say yes, and yes.

Holly
01-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Diva Las Vegas (http://geekbabe.com/dlv/) has dress guidelines you can find on their website. This year we start 4/21 and go through the 26th. Come join us!

vivianann
01-06-2008, 02:28 AM
Diva Las Vegas (http://geekbabe.com/dlv/) has dress guidelines you can find on their website. This year we start 4/21 and go through the 26th. Come join us!

I will be there !!!!!! Thanks Holly for letting us know the dates.:D:love:

sterling12
01-06-2008, 04:31 AM
Dress like a lady! And, no one ever really has gotten hassled for being over-dressed. Underdressed...a different story.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Eugenie
01-06-2008, 01:42 PM
In most of these events there are very few rules with regard to the way to dress. For the ones I have attended, I've seen extremely variable styles, from elegant to very casual.

Depending if you are naturally rather conservative or just a bit provocative and depending upon your figures just wear what makes you feel most comfortable.

Of course if there is a Gala diner, it may be better to wear something more fancy for that occasion. But for the conferences just wear clothes in which you are feeling well as a woman.

Other will be in the same position as you...

:hugs:
Eugenie

JoAnnDallas
01-07-2008, 10:32 AM
It was amusing when I found out that a Teachers conference was being held at the same hotel that HEF2006 was held at. I then found out that the people attending the Teacher's Conference were puzzeled when they found out about HEF2006. They were expecting a bunch of Drag Queens and what they found was normal looking woman and what looked like another Teachers Conference. Later I found out from one of my Tri-Ess sisters, that a couple attendes from the Teachers Conference accidently attended one of our sessions. When they realized where they were and who we were, they stayed until the session was over then found the Teachers Conference. They appolized for intruding and was told they were welcome to attend any of our sessions.
Just goes to show you, that most of our conferences are no different that most conferences you will find.

kristine239
01-07-2008, 04:37 PM
IFGE will be in tucson Az this year.

We welcome all. If you have any western wear, wear it as we travel to Old Tucson Studios for an evening in the "Wild West".

www.transeventsusa.org/ifge

See you in April.

Kristine