PDA

View Full Version : pic taken dressed when you were young

christy_blue1
04-16-2005, 02:30 AM
i, like many others, started dressing at a young age. did you ever have your picture taken while dressed when you were young? the only time i got to have my pic took was when i went dressed as a girl at halloween one year. mom suggested to me that i should go dressed as a girl that year. at first i pretended i didn't want to, then agreeded. i wore my sisters blue party/princess dress, mom took a pic of me wearing it. years later, i sneaked the pic out of her photo album and burned it during a time i was trying to quit and erase all evidence of me ever been dressed. i wish now i hadnt burned it.

DonnaT
04-16-2005, 06:53 AM
That's a shame Christy. If they are anything like my folks, maybe the negatives are still around.

KarenNY
04-16-2005, 02:44 PM
Yes, I have -- I started dressing when I was 7 or 8 in my mother's things and she found out when I was about 12, going on 13. Turned out, she was okay with it and got me some of my own girl clothes, so needless to say, I was one lucky teenage crossdresser. It was just my mom and I in the house, I'm an only child, she was a divorcee who missed having a daughter and to make a long story short, she was rather indulgent.
So yes, my mom took some pics of me when I was young and dressed up en femme. I don't have many of them myself -- I went through a big purge in my college years and (I think) she thinks that I stopped dressing, because we haven't brought up the topic in more than a dozen years.
Anyway, attached is a pic of me in a fancy gown for Halloween -- I was about 16 and dressed as a Southern belle for a party. :D

Karen :)

alicorsetant
04-16-2005, 03:29 PM
I dont have the photos but, there is a story about when I first went out dressed, it was when I was about 15.
I was to all intents and purposes brought up in local authority care, and I was known as a 'orrible brat' always up to my neck in dirt and muck, and getting into any trouble you could think of, from petty theft to absconding.
Fighting at school and deliberate disruption of the class, and general disregard for the teachers, rules and the general fabric of life.

The only solice I found was in the soft embrace of the knickers, tights and bra's that I flitched from the laundry on a regular basis, this was a difficult task firstly having a bed in a room with 6 other lads, having numerous domestics and staff rumaging around in your kit at any moment without notice.
So I did have to hide this well.
Back to my first public outing, it was whilst we were on holiday on the isle of wieght and a couple of the older girls were having a giggle and saying who they reconed they could get to pass as a girl, they managed to get one volunteer, but were looking for at least one more, one of the staff said ask ______ if he would do it as that would be a real challenge (ie being the dirtest scruffest oik you could hope to meet) I reluctantly (on the surface) agreed, but only if we could extend the night curfew by 45 mins which to my surprise was OKed.
So a flurry of girls decended upon me, my hair was fiarly long anyway (being an 80s rocker, still am) was styled into a bob, some make up was applied, bra, knickers and suspenders and stockings were duly applied, bog roll stuffed down the bra, a skinny tee shirt and box pleat above knee skirt were duly wriggled into and some 3 inch court shoes were found.
This as we walked down the road was the most liberating feeling I have ever had then and since.
The most thrilling thing of all was the comment made by my most severe critic (member of staff) this person hated me with a vengance and they said it was the ''cleanest they had ever seen me'' That lit me up like a magnesium flare and I was doing cartwheels inside, and have ever since.
I wish I could meet those gg's again to work thier magic, (in fact I took my fem name from one of them not only in honour of thier wonderous favour but I also like the name Alison).
I have only met one other since for whom it was not a problem, never participated but did offer nice comment if it looked good.

Sorry its been long but it needs to in the right context.

Like2BAspen
04-16-2005, 04:27 PM
In this aspect you were a lot luckier then most. I always wish my mom or sister would have found out and helped me. My favorite childhood dressing memory was when I fit into my sisters grey kind of spandex mini with sparkles and matching pumps. I took a pair of her panty hose grey silk panties and one of my moms wigs and went wild. I looked cuter then my sister and she was pretty hot back then 1977. Kind of had problems with the make up though But my baby face made up for it

alicorsetant
04-16-2005, 05:03 PM
I get what you say Aspen, but the 9 years of hell I went through in that place and the only decent memory I have of it is that night on the IOW, dont get me wrong I doubt I would change much now, as it has definately formed my adult life.
That was one night when I was able to shine, there have been a string of other time's when Ali has been out, as the oppourtunity presents itself, the college fancy dress parties, rag week, millenium night was another story.
Yes in some ways I have been lucky but in others I have had the typical kid in care story, roamed around, instablity in employment, no contact with family for over 20 yrs (not due to xding) been homeless, jobless and destitute and even have the scars and memories of multiple suicide attempts.
There is always one stable reliable and enjoyable aspect to my life and that is Alison, as soon as I open the wardrobe door and see the soft sensual fabric that will make Ali all of the world melts away and I am absorbed in the sensual overload.

I am comfortable with what I do, but as yet I have not got the courage to go the last step and be full time, that could be because of the social acceptance thing or it could be that I dont think I could pass it off, or it could be a state of confusion, or even the fear that no one would belive me? I dont know, I have taken all the online tests you can think of and they all come back with a positive or 55% positive result of gender identity issuse that should be explored, I have had enough problems getting my depression sorted without gender issues thrown in.

Or would this fill in the missing links for the health professionals, as otherwise they are not getting the whole picture, I am not being true to myself, and ultimately I am probably not reciving the help that I could be getting.
What do you think I should do?
Sorry this is a bit deep for a thread asking for first experiences of crossdressing!

Julie Gaum
04-17-2005, 12:40 AM
If you like being a CD then it becomes a question as to "How Much?" If you need to make a living as a male and can't become a whole woman, then so be it. Enjoy when you can without guilt. If, on the other hand, you are physically able, with help, to live as a girl and find work as a female---so much the better. You will for your entire life be fighting impulses that are too deep seated to continue to resist. Sixty years ago you would not have been aware that you were not alone, but now there is a whole new world out there. So accept it and enjoy the ride. The only decision really is whether you want someday to be surgically changed---most CDs don't. Relax and enjoy! Good luck!
Julie

gender_blender
04-17-2005, 02:32 AM
One of my prized possessions is a picture taken of me at age 4 wearing a short skirt my grandmother made for me, thinking that it would satisfy my crossdressing "phase".

Dragster
04-17-2005, 06:55 PM
I like the name Alison too Alicorsetant, but maybe I'm biased, I married one!

I like corsets too, the tighter the better! Is that where the rest of you "moniker" came from?

Tony

Bernadina
04-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Yes, I have -- I started dressing when I was 7 or 8 in my mother's things and she found out when I was about 12, going on 13. Turned out, she was okay with it and got me some of my own girl clothes, so needless to say, I was one lucky teenage crossdresser. It was just my mom and I in the house, I'm an only child, she was a divorcee who missed having a daughter and to make a long story short, she was rather indulgent.
So yes, my mom took some pics of me when I was young and dressed up en femme. I don't have many of them myself -- I went through a big purge in my college years and (I think) she thinks that I stopped dressing, because we haven't brought up the topic in more than a dozen years.
Anyway, attached is a pic of me in a fancy gown for Halloween -- I was about 16 and dressed as a Southern belle for a party. :D

Karen :)
Very nice Karen.