PDA

View Full Version : First time shopping with SO

Davinnia
01-04-2008, 11:28 PM
I buy all my lingerie & shoes online & my clothes are my wife's castoffs, which is OK by me.
I suggested we shop today for me as I need some summer clthes for our hot Aussie weather & I don't have many.
We looked in a number of stores but I couldn'tsee anything I really liked & it wasn't the experience I imagined it would be. My wife was fine about it & made suggestions but I couldn't decide.
How were your early shopping trips & did it get easier & better? My wife isn't a shopaholic so it's not like she buys loads of stuff for herself, but I'd love to share buying a few things I really like for Davinnia.

sara_also
01-05-2008, 06:00 AM
My wife and I do most of our shopping for outter wear in thrift stores.
Not only for the price and bargins,but also for the variety.
Think about it..Where else can you find vintage and modern all in one place.
You have to be a little more selective, but for us it's worth it.
The other day we found a very nice winter dres for only $6.00. It's White Stag and almost new. I am not good with material but It's some kind of a brushed cotton.

Davinnia
01-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Well, after my first bad attempt at shopping with my wife, we met after work & went into a large Dept store with only 40mins to closing. This time we both found something. I saw a bright pink skirt, my wife said she knew I'd go for that, plus a pink top to go with it.
It felt awkward looking through the racks with more interest that a guy bored shopping with his wife, but it did feel great walking out the door with my first new clothes for Me. My wife was great about it too, it must feel a bit weird buying womens clothes knowing her husband is the one who will wear them. No, I didn't try them on in the store.
Next trip should be better & eisier.

Charlotte Cross
01-09-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm just less than a month being "out" with my wife and did she ever surprise me!

Not only did she accept my "condition" she was the one who suggested we go shopping together. I was amazed and so excited when she started picking out panties and a really pretty black bra for me at a local department store.

It's all been so very positive for me, even the comfort level, or lackof it during our first shopping trip.

We're going out tomorrow night. I'm expecting a very good time just looking, but I know she'll insist on buying me something.

It's been a godsend for me at this time of my life.

Good luck to you and enjoy!!!

DonnaT
01-09-2008, 05:57 PM
I agree with Tristen, have fun shopping, even if it entails no buying.

I've done that lots of times. sometimes it just seems the store has nothing interesting, nothing that catches my eye.

Muffygirl
01-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I think that when you have pre-conceived ideas about how things should be (in this case shopping) - that when it actually happens it is always somewhat of a letdown. So first step - is to expect nothing - just go with the flow as you do it. If your wife can be an integral / helpful / interested partner in your shopping it will be such a rewarding experience for you both - as well as you getting to know what she likes and she knows your desires and tastes. My wife is especially good at shopping and can pick out things both for her and myself - and I can do the same for her - tastewise.
The op shops as previously mentioned - are I find excellent - some top stuff and cheap. I went into one with my wife a couple of months ago and I was looking at a really lovely dress - the rather nice looking store lady about my age came up to me and said that I would look rather nice in it. I was not dressed en femme but perhaps she noticed that the dress would not fit my wife who is a foot shorter than me. So I thought (for a second as I was taken aback slightly - was she joking?) and replied well yes I thought so too and could I try it on - at which she smiled and led me to the changeroom!
Shopping IS so much fun - so go out and enjoy it - the more you do the easier it gets - as in anything!

Angie G
01-11-2008, 01:33 AM
I love shopping with the wife now that she knows and we do some shopping for Angie :hugs:
Angie

vivianann
01-11-2008, 02:00 AM
I have went shopping with some of my GG friends for womens clothes, it sure helps when they are there to help you pick out nice clothes, and then I like trying on dresses and modeling in front of them to get their opinion.:love: