PDA

View Full Version : We all talk about being accepted in society

ericalynncd
01-06-2008, 07:04 PM
We all talk about being accepted in society, so I was wondering if anyone is up to a challenge. I think we need more exposure so was wondering if anyone would like to start a news channel on youtube? Regular everyday news in your area, no weather that could be difficult. If you are interested pm me. I would like to know what the rest of our community thinks about the idea?

battybattybats
02-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Only just found your post (after you linked to it LOL).
I think it's a great idea but have my hands full on other projects, one of which is TG/CD related (que secret squirrel sting).
Youtube comments can get aweful rough though, anyone doing this should be thick-skinned and have plenty of support.

Angie G
02-14-2008, 01:06 AM
I think it'a a good idea go with it girl :hugs:
Angie

crusadergirl
02-14-2008, 03:42 AM
I think its a great idea we should do it. Sorry i never noticed your post till now. I am pretty busy with other ideas right now but i will work with you if you need help.

waspookie6
02-14-2008, 04:37 AM
For all the negative remarks that are left, what is of greater importance is how many subscribers you can get! Every year San Francisco has a gathering of the top YouTube subscribers and this year is a $10,000 prize for a voting of the most creative and "social changing" channel.

Does that help to get something going? ;)

barbra
02-14-2008, 04:41 AM
count me in.

yms
02-14-2008, 05:12 AM
I think that any information made public about crossdressing that originates from within the community - crossdressers talking about crossdressing - is 1000% better than waiting for people from outside the community to tell the world about us. Who better to tell our stories than us.

ericalynncd
02-17-2008, 12:08 PM
thanks.. and those of you who are willing to help I will stay in touch with you about whats going on.

debbeelee1
02-17-2008, 02:11 PM
:be:I don't think we'll ever be accepted in society, at least in my life time! But then again, I'm an old fart!

O2B Barbara
02-17-2008, 09:02 PM
I am not sure how much help I could be, but keep me posted.

melissacd
02-18-2008, 09:15 AM
Erica,

I think that your idea of getting more exposure for cross dressers is a good one, we will only get acceptance by becoming so common place that people get used to us as part of the landscape, we are just noise. A YouTube channel may be one way to do it. Leveraging what we have in this community to find various ways to get the message out in terms of an informational website, articles, publicity opportunities, promoting of transgender positive messages etc...getting a positive dialog going.

One of the things that I have noticed as I live my new single life and get out more in femme is that people are already becoming more accepting of this. If we collectively positively promote who we are as a community things will change.

Within my community I am part of a local transgender group, as well as, being a member of a cross dresser club in Toronto. Every step helps the cause. Part of gaining wider acceptance is accept ourselves just as we are, embrace our richness, stop hiding, stand up tall and walk proud.

One of the things that I find in reflecting back on the causes of the breakdown of my marriage was that I did not have enough confidence and acceptance of my cross dressing to be able to say to my ex at the beginning that I was a cross dresser. In me treating it like it was something bad, something to be hidden, something to be ashamed of I created the negativity that made her feel that it was something bad too. So the message is to start with ourselves and the rest will start to take care of itself.

Wonderful thread Erica.

Huggs
Melissa