PDA

View Full Version : Where I live

Melissa A.
01-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Hi, girls. I've been in the same apartment for 6 years. In fact, I moved in here with my ex. But it's been all mine since 2004. It's a two family house and I'm the upstairs tennant. When we first moved in, My dressing was confined to when the ex wasn't here, since that's what she wanted. I was a little more fearful back then about going out (have none now, yay!) but one day, I walked right into the woman downstairs on the way to my car, turned around and walked the other way (back upstairs!). She and her husband moved out a few months after we moved in. A couple of tennants who were never home moved in while I was going through our break up, (I think they were in the Navy) then a family moved in downstairs. A couple, two teenage boys, and a baby on the way. I know one of the guy's kids saw me one day, and I detected a frosty demeanor for a while. Other than that, we got along pretty well. But I'm pretty sure they knew. Hard to imagine they didn't, what with me walking around upstairs in heels, and going out every once and a while! Next door, there is a couple with a teenage boy. They have a nice spread. A front house, where they used to live(when I first moved in) and a new house they built in the back which they now live in. They rent the apts. in the house up front. I think he works in construction and has renovated the front place. He is without a doubt one of the most unfriendly people I have ever met. And I'm pretty sure he knows about me, but was like that before he knew. The thing is, his wife is a sweetheart! She has always been very friendly to me. And I know she knows about Melissa. I know she's seen me, many times, and she is very friendly to me, still. In Sept. the family moved out downstairs and a divorced woman and her teenage daughter moved in downstairs. I really never saw her much for a while, since I work wierd hours. Then one night in Dec. I was watching TV kinda late and heard her screaming at someone. I opened the door and said are you OK, Carol?" turns out she was locked out, and her car had broken down, and her ex wouldn't come get her. It was also 14 degrees out. Long story short, I helped her break into her apt., and she even put me on the phone with her ex, to whom I had to say, "NO, she's not lying."

Anyway, the next day, she came up and thanked me. We talked for a long time, and she basically told me her life story. Kids, two divorces, and lotsa other stuff. Before she left, I said, Carol, I feel I should be honest with you, too, so I don't make you uncomfortable at some point". So I told her about Melissa. She started to cry, telling me about her gay daughter (not the one who lives with her) and some of her friends. And something about her ex. she said she thinks she was destined to meet me and become friends.

Fast foward to today. I (Melissa) headed out to my car to run some errands. After I got in the car, Carol came out to get her mail. We chatted for a few minutes, she told me I look great, and about her new boyfriend, who was inside. Just a couple of girls talking.

After 6 years I finally don't have to worry about the people downstairs! And I really like my apartment. The people next door? and their tennants? Don't care anymore. But I do like to co-exist with people, not make them uncomfortable. It's really nice to have the current neighbor/friend. I'll be sorry whenever she leaves(they always leave, eventually). Then I'll have to break in someone else! Whats your living situation, girls, vis a vis crossdressing and neighbors?

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Talon DeRojo
01-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Melissa - What a cool story! Thanks for sharing. It's good to know that being a good neighbor and being:happy: honest with people pays off sometimes.
Talon

Julogden
01-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi Melissa,

Great story, it must be wonderful to have that friend for a neighbor.

Currently, I live in the house where I grew up. I moved back here almost 8 yers ago to take care of my father in the last years of his life, and I've been here on my own for the last 4 years or so.

Most of the old neighbors from my childhood are gone, and I haven't gotten to know the "new" neighbors much. But I don't go out dressed very often, and only after dark, so it's pretty easy here.

When I lived in my last apartment in Chicago, I shared an entrance with one other apartment, a single lady who lived above me. To my knowledge, she never saw me dressed, as again, I was coming and going mostly at night, but she had to have known what was going on, as the mail person always dumped all the mail for the 2 apartments in the vestibule, as our mail boxes were way too small to fit anything, and my neighbor always got home from work before me, and I'd find my mail at the door of my apartment where she put it, and I always had a ton of women's clothing catalogs, fashion magazines and often packages from the clothing companies.

My neighbor was always friendly, but we never could converse much, as she was a recent immigrant from Poland and didn't speak much English.

Carol

Carrie
01-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Miss Melissa,

That is a great story. Who knows maybe Carol will stick around for a while. What a nice neighbor you are!

~C

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-07-2008, 10:28 PM
EVERYONE who knows me knows i wear pantyhose and some even know i wear more,,, and i have not lost a single friend or family member because of it..
the people around me who have mad rude comments or remarks i just dont talk to,, its that simple, and that goes for where i live now in Arizona and back in my home town of taylor michigan,were i know all my neighbors as i lived in the same house i grew up in till i was 30 and then for 3 yrs b4 moving to AZ 5 yrs ago