PDA

View Full Version : form trouble

kathrynt21
01-08-2008, 01:45 PM
I recently noticed that my breast form has a slight tear in it near the top.
Looks like I might have put a finger through it!
(I'd like to blame it on someone else, but I can't imagine who else is wearing my breasts!!)
Does anyone know how I can repair it?
Little bits of the gel is coming out and I am bummed.
Thanks, gals!

Shelly67
01-08-2008, 02:31 PM
You could try a vulcanising patch , like the ones used in cycle innertube repair kits.......
Good luck

Mary Morgan
01-08-2008, 02:39 PM
I recommend that you go on-line, find a manufacturer and ask them. Then you can tell us in case we have that issue.

Rachel_CDS
01-08-2008, 02:45 PM
The same thing happened to me. I have fixed it temporarily by covering the whole form with clingfilm. It is probably time I got some new ones though. They have lasted me over 10 years!

jennifer41356
01-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I have used tape and I have used a band-aid..the last set of forms I bought came with tape to repair small tears

Teresa Amina
01-08-2008, 05:23 PM
I've used clear medical tape from a first aid kit with lasting success

AmandaM
01-08-2008, 05:38 PM
I just asked this about a month ago. I used clear medical tape. It hasn't opened up so I think it works well. If on the seam, put a piece of tape on both sides. Then stick them together. Then trim the tape with scissors closely while trying not to cut into the form.

Genifer Teal
01-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Same as above. I used 3m transpore tape. I first sprayed the area with some hollisters adhesive. This probably helped but may not be necessary. It seems to last but I did buy new forms.

Gen

Pamela Julie
01-08-2008, 07:22 PM
I have several pairs of breast forms purchased over many years. On each puncture and tear, I first carefully pushed the gel back in place, then used a gauze pad dampened with a bit of water and Ivory soap to clean around the damage, rinsed it with a damp washcloth, and dried it with a towel. For punctures, I cut out a piece of clear packing tape about 1/4 inch larger all the way around the hole and carefully put it in place. For tears, cut it out to the shape of the tear and apply as above. For seam tears, use a full width piece of tape from about an inch in from the edge, sticking out at least a 1/2 inch. Then on top, cut a piece of tape with the end into a semicircle and the other end cut straight. Carefully apply the curved end above the tear and press in place moving toward the bottom piece and press the two tapes together. I burnish the tapes together with the edge of something hard, like a butter knife. Then trim the tape about 1/16 inch from the edge of the form. I have never had a repair fail, and the patches are never noticed.

Pamela:happy:

VtVicky
01-08-2008, 10:02 PM
My first pair deteriorated badly after a few years. In researching the problem, I read that heat, specifically body heat, may cause the deterioration. So, with my current set, I have two strategies. One is to wear a "nursing pad" between my chest and the BF. (You can get them in any drug store.) The second is to buy bras with a double layer of material in the cups. Then make an incision near the top seam of the cup large enough to insert the BF. This keeps the material away from direct contact with your skin.

Additional advantages of modifying the double layer bra, is that, if you get one with a thin, see through material, there is a very realistic presentatiion of a braless breast peeking through your blouses. And there is practically no "wandering" of the BF out of the bra. And, in hot weather, you don't get that clammy sensation of the silicon sticking to your skin.

Good luck

SandyR
01-08-2008, 11:46 PM
But in time you will need to replace them. Look at it like this, a new set, and at a fraction of the cost for breast implants...

Hugs!

SandyR