PDA

View Full Version : stupid question

CutieJulie
01-08-2008, 08:50 PM
I am a m2f tg i'm about to call another m2f tg to set up a date, we both don't dress all the time. i'm assumi on our date were both gonna be dressed. when I call to talk to her should I use my normal voice or fem voice ... it seems simple but this question perplexs me. let me know what you think :)

Melissa Davis
01-08-2008, 09:20 PM
you get to choose. That's the great part about it. I have used my fem voice for other tgirls on the phone. It's really up to you. If you end up spending a lot of time with this person, there is a good chance they will hear your male voice at some point.

Sejd
01-08-2008, 09:31 PM
My advice is: Do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable. When I speak in my dance community, I always use my normal voice because I know they accept me for who I am. It helps me say what's on my mind without getting into sounding false or weird. Some TS have an easy time with the femme voice, that's just great. Try either way and notice how you feel. Next time around you will be more comfortable.
Sejd

Joann0830
01-09-2008, 12:18 AM
I have always found that if going out and dressed with another CDM that when I even speak on the phone that I talk Fem. It really is your choice but I found that I dont want to go out and by accident change voices so when I am in My Dress or skirt I am a Lady that means Fem Voice, which is becoming very easy and :heehee::love:comfortable for me.

Kate Simmons
01-09-2008, 03:37 AM
I would personally use my normal voice like I always do. With friends it makes very little difference. Some talk to me over the phone in maybe a little more softer voice at first but soon learn I value them for who they are. As was mentioned it is a personal choice however.:happy:

Christina Louise
01-09-2008, 05:53 AM
Advice from a novice (like you need that): use whichever you feel most comfortable with to ask her - maybe she'll be in the same quandary.

erickka
01-09-2008, 07:25 AM
My:2c: here, Go with your gut instincts. They have your best interests covered at all times.

Stephenie S
01-09-2008, 08:56 AM
I am a m2f tg i'm about to call another m2f tg to set up a date, we both don't dress all the time. i'm assumi on our date were both gonna be dressed. when I call to talk to her should I use my normal voice or fem voice ... it seems simple but this question perplexs me. let me know what you think :)

Dear Shark,

There are no stupid questions. How's that for a quote? I guess it's not really always true.

Here's the thing, sweetie. You are looking for a rule where there are no rules. Talk how you want. How do you want to sound? You say that you are a MtF transexual. Why would you want to sound like a guy? If you are more comfortable sounding like a guy then talk that way. You DO have a very masculine voice. I haven't heard your feminine voice.

Why don't you talk to your friend? You can decide how you want to act together.

Anyway hon, there is no rule book. Sorry.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Eugenie
01-09-2008, 09:34 AM
The voice should probably be the least of your worries...

When meeting another X-dresser for the first time it seems reasonable to be very cautious...

In my case, for first "face to face" meetings I go in drab. One never knows who is going to turn out at a meeting arranged on the internet. You have no way to know that the picture you've seen is really one of the person who sent it to you.

Besides the solution of meeting in drab there are a few other possibilities if you really want to go "en femme" :

1/ Having seen the contact via a webcam may help you to assess the sincerity of that contact... Be cautious though, meet in a public place, never in a hotel room or at a private house...

2/ If you got the contact through a serious organization such as Tri-Ess or Renaissance, it is slightly safer but use the same advice as above...

In any case it is safer not to go alone, go to the rendez-vous with at least a friend.

I know all this may sound somewhat parnoid, but Some X-dressers found themselves in very difficult situations for going fully dressed to a rendez-vous for the first time...

:2c:
Eugenie

JoAnnDallas
01-09-2008, 09:50 AM
When I am talking to another t-girl on the phone, we usually just use our normal voice. We both know we are male, so it does not seem to matter. Even when I am at my Tri-Ess meeting, most of the girls use their normal voice. Now if we are out in public, we tend to use our fem voices.

Angie G
01-09-2008, 10:09 AM
What ever you want use the voice you like :hugs:
Angie

Lisa Maren
01-09-2008, 08:35 PM
You should use whichever voice best represents the real you.

Best,
Lisa

mykhelee
01-11-2008, 09:50 AM
If I am dressed, or skirted, or pantsuited for that matter, my fem voice just comes out.