PDA

View Full Version : Just one of the girls

LilSissyStevie
01-09-2008, 02:06 AM
I went up to a couple of female co-workers today to ask a question and quickly realized that they were talking about another co-worker. I said, "Oh, I'll come back later" and turned around to leave when one of them says "It's OK, you can hear this, you're one of the girls" while the other one laughed and nodded in agreement. LOL! I'm not "out" to anyone besides my wife and don't think of myself as being especially effeminate so I was kind of surprised by the comment (although I wasn't offended). So, I guess I've been clocked in reverse. Has anyone else had an experience like that?

Princess29
01-09-2008, 05:48 AM
I had a woman at work tell me I was "practically a girl"

RachelDenise
01-09-2008, 05:52 AM
I would consider it a compliment. Sort of a feminine intuition thing. They realize that you fit in and accept you. Interesting dynamic.

laraine411
01-09-2008, 05:54 AM
yah i have i always seem to be able to talk to the other girls even know thay dont wont other gays to here but it always seem to make the men all mad at me. i gess thats what i get but only the femals in my life know i crossdress o well

Christina Louise
01-09-2008, 05:56 AM
It's just one of phrases that get used in everyday life - maybe you're into a bit of gossiping about other people or something like that.

tamarav
01-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Looks to me like being one of the girls could open the doorway for all sorts of conversations....

Kate Simmons
01-09-2008, 09:08 AM
I get a kick out of the fact that I'm the only guy in the gals' "gossip clutch" where I work sometimes. Nothing is held back because they know I won't talk.:heehee:

Melissa Cross
01-09-2008, 09:22 AM
I had a similar experience a number of years ago at work. A couple of my female coworkers referred to me as one of the girls and one of them even suggested I dress in high heels and a dress for Halloween since I was already "one of the girls". None of these women knew I was a crossdresser.

JoAnnDallas
01-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Back last Thansgiving, I walked into the lunchroom and asked some of the office girls if they need any help. One said, "Yes, you can carve the turkey." So I was washing my hands when one of the four girls noticed my nails. After I dryed them, she takes my hand and is examining my long acrylic nails. She then notices the pale PINK polish and as says, "Your wearing nail polish". I said, "Yes, is that a problem". She, says, "No". By this time one of the other girls notice us and walks over saying, "What's going on?". Well the first girl then tells her and shows her my hands. The second girl takes my hand and starts looking at my nails. She then askes, "Where did you get your nails done?". So I tell both of them the name of my nail salon and where it is. By this time the other two girls are now gathered around and asking questions. I mentioned that I also get a pedicure when I go in to get my nails done. Then one of the girls asked, jokingly if I also got my toes polished. It must have been the look on my face because all of a sudden all four want to see my toes. I looked at the door to the lunchroom and one of the four goes over and closes and locks the lunchroom door, turns around and says, "OK, lets see the toes". So no place to run, so off comes the shoes and socks. After all of them has a good look, one of them remarks that my toe color looks great on me. Then its back on with the socks and shoes, the door is opened, and we get back to work. After I carved the turkey, I had some things to do before the lunchen. The lunchen time arrives, I am in line and the four girls are already eating. One of them ways to me to join them. I get my meal and join them. They are chatting about various things and asking my opion on various subjects. Afterwards, I help clean up and one of my male co-workers asked me how I got to sit with four of the prettiest girls in the office. I just smiled and said, "HA HA, you wish".
Now when I go into the lunchroom to heat up my lunch and one or more of them are there, I usually sit with them and chat. I have noticed that the chats tend to be more fem in nature and every so often, I get asked my opion on some fem question.

Eugenie
01-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Has anyone else had an experience like that?

Yes indeed, I had a very similar experience...

I'm the vice president of a European association dealing with the rights of people with disabilities. After one meeting during the evening meal, i had said something about our day meeting. The President of my association said to me, out loud so the other people around the table heard it, "But that's normal, you don't react like a man, you react like a woman."

Which I took indeed as a compliment...

Later on I took the opportunity to come out to her, in private... She said "You're doing no harm to anybody." Then I showed her a picture of me "en femme" and she said "You are pretty..." When I asked her if she wasn't shocked, she said "There is one thing that I find shocking, it is to see disabled children in terrible condition in an institution..."

That was such a step for me... The next day I was going out in the streets for the first time alone...

:hugs:
Eugenie

MJ
01-09-2008, 10:01 AM
i was talking with a friend about this subject last night.. after i came out the friends who stayed with me they said there was always something about me and i thought i was doing a good job hiding in plan sight ...as a guy but not doing a good job after all.

goofus
01-09-2008, 10:04 AM
yah i have i always seem to be able to talk to the other girls even know thay dont wont other gays to here but it always seem to make the men all mad at me. i gess thats what i get but only the femals in my life know i crossdress o well

I don't know why the girls wouldn't want other gays to hear...seems like gays would be pretty unthreatening for the most part :D

Angie G
01-09-2008, 10:14 AM
It's nice to fit in :hugs:
Angie

Dana Jones
01-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Noone at work knows about my dressing. I always hang out with the girls. I was the only male invited to a baby shower for a coworker. Oh Your just one of the girls!!! I love the comment and being hetrosexual I also love hanging with all the girls. Best of both worlds!!!!

Nikki A.
01-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Well after wearing heels and a dress the last two Halloweens, yes I am also considered one of the girls. Boy, you think guys are bad.
Out of all the guys in the office I'm the one they look out for as I do them.

Chrissy8888
01-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Well I have many lady friends. A few of them told me that they love being around me because not only am I a guy, but I am also like a girlfriend because I am very caring, kind, generous, and a great listener. Just like other girlfriends. I do think a few of them suspect something. I had one ask if she could ask me a personal question, however I think she got to nervous because what she asked me was not a personal question at all.

Chiana
01-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I had a similar situation when I had a clerical job. It is nice to be accepted.

chrissietoo
01-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Oh, yes, isn't that wonderful!! I'm in an office with three twenty something girls, and about six months ago I was grumbling about something at the office and then I said, "Oh, sorry, just ignore all this macho stuff, just think of me as one of the girls."

Kelly looked me straight in the eye and said, very matter of factly, "We do!"

It was one of the happiest days ever!! And things have gotten ever better since. They don't know about my crossdressing, but they have infallible radar for someone who is girly insides....:happy:

Jennaie
01-10-2008, 12:14 AM
Actually, I think Mirani had a similar experience and things seem to be turning out well for her. Read: "Women aren't daft".

Randee
01-10-2008, 12:41 AM
When I took a jazz/ballet dance class with my girlfriend, I was definitely treated as one of the girls for the couple of hours we were in class. Obviously hetero cause I was there with my girlfriend along we about 6 other ladies, I wore a leotard and tights just like them starting with the first class and was expected to be in proper dancewear from then on. Perhaps looking back at all of us in the big mirrors in leotards and tights together helped me fit in during class and be treated as one of the them. They had me learn the all girl number with them rather than just stand around, and even loaned me a wrap skirt to dance out of with the troupe during rehearsal.It was a fun feeling to look forward to one night each week.

Susan.
01-10-2008, 01:22 AM
I work in an office where I drop hints to one particular woman. She is the only one who is feminine though they are all married. I've asked her about makeup, clothes, etc. I know many things about her like her shoe size ("you remember? My husband doesn't even know my shoe size"). Unfortunately, there is little privacy and I work in the construction business, so these conversations are few and far between.

Today, I teased her about "flirting" with the mobil car wash hunk (they were just talking about her new car). Next thing I know a male co-worker is asking me about my flirting with this guy. Everyone had a good laugh at my expense. This is not quite what I'm looking for from her or the other women. I want to be treated like "one of the girls", but not obviously so.

I enjoy complimenting her on various things, but don't want it to get around too much. Here in Texas you are gay if you do stuff like that (not that there is anything wrong with that). I usually say stuff like "You got a hot date tonight" (when she is dolled up) or who makes that lipstick (I asked that because the tube looked like a miniature trophy; she never answered), "nice blouse, I like the cap sleeves". Nothing yet, I'm definitely outside looking in with her and the other two women. She says the other women never compliment her, but that didn't seem to bother her at all. She says I'm the only one who notices (insert these little things). I'd love to get into her pants.... but she is a size 4 and I am a size 18.