PDA

View Full Version : New York, Vegas, O.R.

Lindahexi
04-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi Girls,

I thought long and hard about posting this thread, should I or shouldn't I?, Well I decided that as I won't be posting for a few weeks I really didn't want to just disappear without an explanation,this site and all of my sisters mean too much to me, you have all become a part of my life.

Next Thursday 21st April I leave the Uk and go to New York with my wife and Niece for a family reunion, we will stay In THE BIG APPLE for 3 days and then we will all go down to Vegas to chill out and have some fun. It may be our last holiday together for some time because I have a medical problem that will need some serious surgery. I return to UK on Saturday May 7th, and my operation is on Monday May 9th. The surgeon has told me it will take 7-9 hours and I have a reasonable chance of success, if all goes well I might make a post from the hospital, I'm taking my laptop in with me in the hope that I can contact the Forum.

I reckon I should give a quick explanation about the op, I was born with 3 kidneys ( didn't know about it until 2 years ago ), a routine X-ray for kidney stones showed that 2 kidneys were failing, so they must eventually be removed. Those 2 years ago I had to have half a kidney removed because it had "gone like an old tea bag", now further complications have developed. I had to take out special insurance for this trip, but reckoned it was worth it, I'm not in any real pain at the moment, just very uncomfortable.

Anyway on a brighter note, at least I'll get to wear one of those gowns and some extra-tight support stockings. LOL. :)

I'll be logging on as usual right up until I go, but then I'm going to miss you all a lot, all the familiar and new girls, and some very special friends that I've made on the site. I probably won't post from the USA because of the family around me, though I had considered a NET-Cafe for a quick connection, if I get the chance.

Anyway, I've said my piece, I hope you'all don't mind this post, even though it's not about CD'ing.

Love and hugs to all,

Linda.

SilkenPrincess
04-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Linda,
I hope all goes well for you on your surgery. Before you get here, let me be the first to welcome you to the USA! I'll be looking for your quick and speedy recovery and return to the forum.
Love,
SilkenPrincess

Sweet Susan
04-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Extra good luck to you during your operation. One thing: we don't go to Vegas to chill out, much too hot there in May for that! We'll all be thinking of you.

Holly
04-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Linda,

So sorry to hear about the pending surgery, but glad that the prognosis is so good. I do hope the reunion is a fun time for you and that your visit to Las Vegas is memorable as well. Praying for a speedy recovery!

Sharon
04-16-2005, 09:55 PM
I'll be thinking of you Linda and thinking good thoughts for a speedy recovery.

DonnaT
04-16-2005, 10:44 PM
Have a grand time while here. And I hope the operation goes well, and is a lot shorter that 7 hrs.

3 Kidneys eh? New one on me. So, does the third one function properly?

DanaJ
04-17-2005, 09:16 AM
Linda - you have fun while in the States, and I will have my fingers crossed for you during your surgery. Please let us know as soon as you are able and comfortable how it went.

BTW, major surgery like that sort of puts the forum problems in perspective to all of us, at least it does to me...

DanaJ

Wenda
04-17-2005, 10:22 AM
Only Vegas is Vegas. Even the MacDonalds golden arches have flashing lights along them. Always some great entertainment choices. Best wishes on your surgery. Sounds like the doctors know what they want to do, and once the medical profession decides upon a treatment, they can treat almost anything. all the best, wenda.

Dragster
04-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Linda,

As Dana said, your problems puts our own problems in perspective! I've just had big toe straightening surgery on my left foot; it's all bandaged up and and I'm on crutches for 2 more months (3 overall), so I'm feeling a bit frustrated at not being able to do a lot of things that I could, like CDing. Luckily I have a very supportive wife, except for the CD activity! Then in October, they do the other foot! But it's not life threatening, and nor has it been painful, so I'm lucky really.

I wish you all the luck when it's your turn, and make sure you show them yanks how to have a good time while you're there!

Tony

Brandy_Marie
04-17-2005, 07:35 PM
Linda,

I want to wish you the best on your journey. I hope you are blessed with both a successful operation and a speedy recovery.

I've been to the Big Apple before and discovered that, while busy, the people are nicer than they get credit for. And there is certainly a lot of fun to be had there. I've never been to Vegas, though, so let us know what it's like when you get back.

Hugs,

Brandy Marie Devereaux

Tristen Cox
04-18-2005, 05:25 AM
Late as usual, sorry. Have a great trip! Be safe *hugs*

Love
T

Lindahexi
04-18-2005, 06:03 AM
Thanks everybody for your good wishes, it really is appreciated, I'm going to miss you all so much.

Love and hugs,

Linda.

Sweet Jeanette
04-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Good luck Linda. Have a blast. ---Hope all turns out allright!-----

letsdance GG
04-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Linda, hope I am not to late in posting this.

I hope that your surgery goes well and that you recover quickly. Enjoy all the
visiting with your family and enjoy Vegas!

We will be waiting to hear from you and I am sure some of us will miss ya!

Best Wishes,

Letsdance

Cheree
05-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Good luck Linda, and may you experience a speedy recovery. God Bless.