PDA

View Full Version : How girlie is your hairstyle?

dianarg
01-10-2008, 02:35 AM
I was wondering how many of you felt the irresistible urge to get a girlie haircut, or dye it of a different color. And if you did, what excuses did you come with while in drab mode?

Marvina Martian
01-10-2008, 04:22 AM
I'm currently growing mine out so i can have a girly haircut! I also plan on dying and curling it to look just my wig! We'll see how it goes......;)

Lisa Golightly
01-10-2008, 05:47 AM
I've been dying my hair since I was a teenager... I went grey at 18, so it was either look 40 or dye it. It's long as well... I even had it long when I bothered with drab.

Sally24
01-10-2008, 06:10 AM
I shave my sideburns up to the top of my ear, but grow the hair from my head back down to where my sideburns used to go. In fem mode I can put it behind the ear or let it frizz and hang down. Makes my wig look that much better! I also usually have my salt n'pepper hair dyed an auburn/reddish color to help it blend with the wig better (it also makes me look younger in boy mode!).

People joke about the hair dye sometime. I just laugh along with them (i'm laughing at a different joke! LOL)

Sarah89
01-10-2008, 08:29 AM
My hair isnt very girlie at the moment, but Im currently thinking about what hairstyle I would like.

Right now at the longest part , its sitting on my shoulders, hopfully by summer time when it has more length, I can go to a salon and get somthing done to it.
Thinking of getting some choppy layers put in,
but I Still want it to have that "Metal" look for when Im in guy mode :p.

dianarg
01-10-2008, 08:33 AM
I've been dying my hair since I was a teenager... I went grey at 18, so it was either look 40 or dye it.

The same thing happened to me!

Carroll
01-10-2008, 08:39 AM
About as girly as Demi Moore was in that movie that she was a Marine!

dianarg
01-10-2008, 08:50 AM
I dye it red though, with some highlights. This is the way it looks now.

Angie G
01-10-2008, 09:14 AM
My wife dyed my hair last summer and I gave no excuses to anyone I don't need to answeer to no one. I even got my ears pierced why I wanted them pierced :hugs:
Angie

Geneva Lake
01-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Mine's colored blond and kinda girlie, I guess. Goes great with my fem-drab look. Jeans, earrings, high-heeled boots or classy flats. It's my thing. Hey, I'm just glad to HAVE hair.

Hugs
:D
Gen

Sonia_cd
01-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Hair...what hair? :D

NYsong
01-10-2008, 09:30 AM
I only wish mine was girly. I am growing it out right now, but it'll still be pretty short in terms of women's hairstyles. At least I'll be able to mess with it and make it look good instead of using my wig! Luckily, my color of red hair isn't very common in guys, and where it does show up, guys usually keep it short, because it draws attention.

And, while I'm not an attention *****, the ladies usually love playing with my hair when its longer, so its a win-win for me in the end!

Chari
01-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Last year, on a bet, I grew my natual curly hair down to the bottom of my ears. When I went to my hairstylist to get it trimmed, he was amazed at how full and long it was. Looking through hair magazines, he suggested I would look good in a fuller shorter "bob" style which I agreed. If my hair is spiked out, it's guy looking. When I air dry, the natual curls appear and adding some styling gel, the look becomes very fem. Both styles are very easy to take care of.

Chari

Jennifer in CO
01-10-2008, 10:25 AM
My hair is just above my belt and has been there for about 15 years or so. So as far as a fem hair style goes, there are only so many braids you can do with hair this long. A French braid is about as fem as it gets and it really doesn't look THAT fem on me.

Jenn

MarciManseau
01-10-2008, 10:29 AM
Just like in my pic, but 2" longer now. I may get it trimmed once it gets hot again.

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

Michelle 51
01-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Well i,m lucky that i still have all my hair on top so i,ve been growing it out so that instead of a wig i can use a clip on extension when i want real long and girlie hair.Wigs are so umcomfortable.

Cristi
01-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Mine doesn't have much 'style'... it is just long. I don't do anything to it other than pull it back into a ponytail unless I'm dressing and going out. If so, I use a curling iron on it.

What I would LIKE to do would be to get a perm with big curls. That way, when going out all I'd have to do would be to let it out of the ponytail and shake it out... and in the ponytail it would still look nice since it would have more body and some character instead of just being straight and frizzy.

A French braid is about as fem as it gets and it really doesn't look THAT fem on me.

My wife has braided mine a few times. I think it looks nice. I can NOT for the life of me manage to braid it myself. Any time I try I just end up frustrated. If I could braid it myself, I might end up doing it on a regular basis.

fancy nancy
01-10-2008, 02:08 PM
I colored my hair the other day in an ash blonde shade.My hair normally is a dark brown color .The ash blonde color llightened it with blonde highlights in it .My hair looks good like it is now but would like it totally blonde and have my hair longer .I can do this now since I am not working at the moment.I hope to grow it where it touches my back ,so I can put in a pony tail .

Deborah Jane
01-10-2008, 02:36 PM

Mine too:(

Bonnie D
01-10-2008, 02:56 PM
The movie with Demi Moore is "GI Jane". A tough look, not one I would aspire to.

My hair is a short masculine cut and style. Can't femininize it in any way. I wear a wig when dressed but it really flattens out my natural hair and I really have to fix it once I take my wig off.

Bonnie

Ann D Bluebird
01-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Hair...what hair? :D

Sonia, you took the words right out of my mouth!! :heehee:

thatgirl
01-10-2008, 03:15 PM
my hair is sitting on my shoulder for a while. it been in male mold for a while untill octerber of last year when i started to straighten it and now it girly everyday and i l just love it. no one a made any comment beside it looks good. even at work. I lover in a autoshop full of guys too. i do want to perice my ear though.

Patti Girl
01-10-2008, 03:19 PM

Good one!

Hey, I'm just glad to HAVE hair.

Unfortunately, I know the feeling! <sigh>

I'm trying to let mine grow so that it can look somewhat girly but still be combed back enough for drab too. Not an easy task, especially when one doesn't have enough hair!

Oh, what the heck, I like it, and that's what's important!

Patti

SherriePall
01-10-2008, 03:53 PM
When it comes to girlie hair styles, I have two choices -- wig one or wig two.

angelfire
01-10-2008, 08:09 PM
I have never dyed my hair, and my hair gets totally uncontrollable when it gets even a little long, so I keep it cut pretty short. So no femme cut for me.

Genifer Teal
01-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Mine is real. I keep it in a pony tail at work. I color it too but it is not all that different. Mostly just to hide the greys coming in. I am tempted to trsome highlights. That would make it VERY girly (as if it is not enough already). My main hesitation is the cost of highlights. Then there is the constant upkeep. The cost of being beautiful.

Not many comments except the ocassional when are you going to cut it? They gave up trying to figure me out a while ago. They prbably think they already know.

Hugs - Genifer

bgirl
01-10-2008, 09:56 PM
At one time I had hair down to my ass. In my youth, but I was still in denial.
Now that I am not in denial, I have many body parts that have more hair than my head. I would if I could.

Makayla C
01-10-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm growing mine out also, been 7 months now from scratch....which is now at the messy stage. Have coloured it twice a chestnut colour which is close to my natural colour anyway......had grey since I was 25 so as it get longer colouring is the only option to hide my grey bits.
Looking forward to the next year when it becomes more managable-just putting up with it when you work as a tradesperson is a pain at the moment, especially in summer over here!
I gave up on wigs plus my gf says my natural hair is so much more the real me which can be restyled anyway I want.....eventually :)

:hugs: Makayla

Michelle I
01-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Chin length Bob, slight taper at neck, somewhat femme:D. Salt and peper, after Jan 24 and my salon appoint will be light brown with light blonde highlights. Trying for another 2 inches of Bob before a new style

Andine
01-10-2008, 11:03 PM
At 65 I am very lucky to still have a good head of hair ... So I grew it long to tickle some of my buddies who can't grow it any more!
I have a lady who does hairdressing from her home so I can roll up there enfemme and have it done, cut, coloured, and hi lighted as well!
No wigs required! As a male I still wear it long, or in a pony tail or with a masculine looking wooden clip. Sometimes I wind a leather thong thru it.
Owzat?

Regards

jennig
01-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Hi my hair is cut into a chin lenght bob and stacked in the back and it is highlighted, cant get anymore girly< and yes I do get some questions and just say I like it this way,
huggs jennig:2c:

CCFiorella
01-11-2008, 10:47 AM
I keep mine about 4-5 inches, and permed with a body wave.

dianarg
01-11-2008, 10:52 AM
I keep mine about 4-5 inches, and permed with a body wave.

I've always wanted to perm mine. Does it really mess your hair, and how often do you perm it?

dianarg
01-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Mine is real. I keep it in a pony tail at work. I color it too but it is not all that different. Mostly just to hide the greys coming in. I am tempted to trsome highlights. That would make it VERY girly (as if it is not enough already). My main hesitation is the cost of highlights. Then there is the constant upkeep. The cost of being beautiful.

Not many comments except the ocassional when are you going to cut it? They gave up trying to figure me out a while ago. They prbably think they already know.

Hugs - Genifer

Your hair looks absolutely beautiful, very fem

Marie O
01-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Mine is kind of short now. I am letting it grow out, I want to get it cut in a bob style!

Charleen
01-11-2008, 11:56 AM
That's all mine in the avantar. I shave to the top of my ears, and have the hair short right above for that GG look. I'd love to have bangs! Hard to pull off in drab though.

Katie Ashe
01-11-2008, 01:24 PM
I die it a lighter blond color all the time and got a professional girl style hair due. It increased buy passing greatly. I'm hardly called sir any more, and loving it :thumbsup:

Wendy me
01-11-2008, 07:32 PM
thats my hair in my avator.........

sissystephanie
01-11-2008, 07:41 PM
You have to have some hair, in order to have a girly style! Or any style. for that matter.

I am now, and have been for some years, almost totally bald on top. So any feminine style is pretty much out of the question. Years ago, when I still had a full head of hair, I did get perms and wore it fairly long. Long for a man that is! My wife liked it that way, and since she was fully supportive of my CD activities, so did I.

Now she, and those days, are gone forever!!:sad:

Sissy/Stephanie

Girl on the outside, man underneath!

Sharon
01-11-2008, 08:04 PM
"How girlie is your hairstyle?"

Pretty girlie. :happy:

LilSissyStevie
01-11-2008, 09:03 PM
I still have all my hair. It just moved from the top of my head to my shoulders and back:Angry3:.

jo_ann
01-11-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm growing mine out. I have a big head, which means wigs never fit right (My motorcycle helmet is 3x). I've started to put the back in a ponytail, but it's still a little short so the bottom section slips out and I got the half ponytail half scruff in back, can't wait till it gets longer in back. So far only one old timer at work has made a comment, but not in a mean way.

Last summer I used a little sun-in (peroxide) to lighten it to dirty blonde, I'll probably do it again this summer.

Dalece
01-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Does Male pattern baldness mean anything. I'm a natural blonde don't need to dye. and have to keep my hair short because of mu job, Besides being very thin on top. But my wig is blonde and very femine. and comfortable and does me juctice.

Lisa Renee
01-12-2008, 12:59 AM
Yes my hair is long, had bangs but I'm now growing them out want to have my hair all the same length. Right now the back is about 3 inches below my sholders. And I have dyed it quite often the last 4 orr 5 years, I get come kidding but thats it. I keep it in a pony tail in drab

Laurie909
01-12-2008, 04:49 AM
I've always hated my hair. It's what one might call wavy. The humidity makes it do strange things and I live in a place where there is a great deal of humidity in Summer. I wish I had straight hair.

Barb Valentine
01-12-2008, 04:52 AM
What hair :sad:

Phyliss
01-12-2008, 05:15 AM
I really don't have very much "on top" kinda looks like a monk with a tonsure gone very wrong. The sides however, are still quite full. To have some fun and also to satisfy a long time desire I decided to let it grow out.
A nice "cover story" for the longer length is "Locks of Love" It's a program where you "donate" your hair to cancer patients.
Basically, you let you hair grow to at least 10 inches long and then your stylist cuts it off and sends the hair to a place in Florida (I think) where it's made into a wig for somebody.

I figure it's a winning situation for me:
1. I get to grow it long
2. I don't have to pay for hair cuts for a long time.
3. When I do get it cut, it's free for charity
4. Somebody will benefit from my fun
5. While letting it grow out I can "play with it" ie color, perm, or what ever

Where's the downside?

Ask you stylist about this and have a good time.

At present I've been letting it grow since October. Just below my blouse collar at this time.

Stormgirl
01-12-2008, 05:20 AM
high n tight crew cut so I would gather that it's not very girly at all :thumbsup:

eliot
01-12-2008, 10:17 AM
My hair is currently longer than it has ever been. Almost to the point where I could style it in a feminine mode. Anxious to try that.

Deidra Cowen
01-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Not an option for me. :eek:

Lidia_tv
01-13-2008, 10:59 AM
I keep my natural hair short, so that it doesn't interfere with my wig

Ms. Mysti
01-13-2008, 05:30 PM
I have been bald since my early 20's and it is probably the best thing for that happened to me. I can wear just about any wig with confidence. Also, many woman wear turbins and are completely happy with that.
Go with what feels best.

Shadeauxmarie
01-13-2008, 05:37 PM
I heard that God gave us the same amount of hormones. If you want to waste yours growing hair, go right ahead.

MsJoann
01-13-2008, 08:58 PM
I still have a full head of hair. Up until recently, I let it go out long but when it about to hit my shoulders...it started that nasty curl and I looked like hell in drab. Problem was I needed to change from my reg. barber and get it permed...wasnt ready for that yet.
My hair is silky thin and bone straight.
I find wigs are easier and require no more than a simple shake or a diff style tro make me look sexy.

ErikaLeigh
01-14-2008, 03:07 AM
The hair in my avatar is all my own. I have had long hair since my late teens, except for one time when I made the mistake of cutting it short for a job, turns out the job wasnt worth it anyway. So my hair is now mostly one length and about the middle of my back. I would LOVE to get a long femme cut of some kind, but I dont think it would go over too well with my friends and family. I am however lucky that at 40 I have no gray and never colored it yet either.

Andrea Elva
01-14-2008, 05:52 AM
O yes I do dye my hair..it has been a deep red and now a mahogany colour and shoulder length and it is styled in a girly style..:happy:

DAVIDA
01-14-2008, 06:48 AM
I use to have long hair and I did have perms. It was a lot of fun getting them. But, my problem was that my hair didn't turn color, it turned loose!

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-14-2008, 08:18 AM
not cut my hair in 4 years and i have dyed it an auburn color a few times at the wifes request (now my x wife),, just the other day she told me i need to dye my hair again,,(cover the grey) but mostly because it looks good on me :D

debbeelee1
01-14-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm so bald I had to show my hair color on my driver's license as "flesh"!:bonk:

Marie O
01-21-2008, 09:18 AM
Not very girlie right now, but I am letting it grow out. Want a Bob so bad, can't wait till it's long enough to get cut!

Nigella
01-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Regular trims, change of style when I feel like it, and not too much change of colour from my natural.

Not quite ready for the blue rinse brigade yet though.

Joannne
01-23-2008, 12:42 AM
I dye it red though, with some highlights. This is the way it looks now.

Looks great Diana. I wear my hiar long in a pony tail. Only problem is that as I am 45 it has started to thin out.

crusadergirl
01-23-2008, 02:09 AM
I been wanting to grow my hair out and get more of a girly hair style. If i actally did it what reason would i give for doing it. Really i never thought of what i would say. I wanted to dye my hair purple thats never going to happen. Maybe one day i will try out.

KatrinaAshley
01-23-2008, 02:10 AM
I always wanted to try it long and now it's down to my shoulders. Trouble is it doesn't look right in either mode. It's very curly and frizzes easily. If I learned how to control it I'd have the perfect femme style. For male mode I wish I could straighten it somewhat so it hangs more than puffs out. But that might raise a lot of questions I don't want to answer right now. I really don't know what I should do. A ponytail isn't the solution, I tried that once and ended up with a fuzzy bun instead of a tail.

Sharon B.
01-23-2008, 04:41 PM
I keep mine dyed ash blonde, have had gray hair for way too long and never did like it then way back then and still don't like it.
I am planning on letting it grow out at least down to my shoulders, right now it is way too short.

Jackie67
01-23-2008, 08:07 PM
It all depends on wht mood I am in when I get up, Ponytail, bun or let it hang loose down to my waist. I don't have to see anyone unless I have to go in to work for weekly gab fest, then it's in a pony tail.:happy::heehee:

susan_
01-24-2008, 02:48 AM
I've had my hair as long as it will grow (more than half-way down my back) for the past 12-15 years. It has never interfered with anything I've wanted/needed to do (like job interviews, public speaking engagements, teaching, etc.) during that time, and most of the time I completely forget about it. Lot's of guys have long hair and in general nobody gives it a second thought.

The biggest problem with growing your hair long is the first year when it isn't long enough to pony-tail or braid, but is too long to stay out of the way. In girl mode this isn't a problem because you can use hair-pins and clips, but as a guy these things feel a bit odd. Probably one could wear a baseball cap or some other kind of hat to help hold the hair out of your eyes most of the time.:fairy1:

Laurelanne
01-24-2008, 03:58 AM
Never used to but ;lately I have been contemplating a colour job even my SO agrees so probvably this weekend. I have started to let my hair grow in again too so that I dont have to rely on wigs I only have one anyway now ..boring...

silkenhose
01-24-2008, 01:23 PM
mine is long enough to put up in ponytail, bangs are well past shoulder

it is a pain in the heat and gets in the way alot however my Wife wants me to have long hair so it is long

it looks really cute when she puts it up in a a kind of bun and i can use it to hold a pencil when i am working..........

Danielle Hyatt
01-24-2008, 05:24 PM
I have sort hair but if I did grown it I would have it in a bun all the time

Katrina
01-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Well I was going to grow my hair long...maybe shoulder length. My SO kept asking me when I was going to get it cut...if you comment enough, eventually the other person will cave. So...I'm going to get it cut this weekend probably. :mad: