PDA

View Full Version : androgenyne

suzi_cd
01-10-2008, 09:21 AM
I've realised that the ultra femme look just doesn't work for me and I've been drifting to a more andrognyne look - cargo pants, tanks, with panties and bra (and forms) and a more boyish look.

I find it much more realistic and with good beard cover and some basic make up I look a lot more convincing than I would ina dress. I might even go out to a local venue dressed like this soon. I'm also dressing that way all the time I'm at home now.

One CD I know basically implied I was letting the side down by not being really femme, but I think I'm actually being sensible.

The big thing is how far do I go... I dont think I'll ever transition but having a more feminine body is certainly something I'm looking into.

Gisele
01-10-2008, 09:29 AM
I think you are on the right track with your thinking. Not many girls nowdays dress fem anyway. They are more and more dressing like guys. At least around here they are.

So if you want to fit in dress the part.

All my best, Beth

NYsong
01-10-2008, 09:35 AM
My look is usually with women's jeans and a well-fitting top. Nothing too fem, but with forms and the way the clothes fit, I sure don't look like a guy! I think its the way to go, especially since that how most real girls I know do it.

Kate Simmons
01-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Well, you're not letting me down Hon. Whatever works for you is great. I'm glad you found a look you like.:happy:

Angie G
01-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Your not letting anyone down Suzy dress the way you are most comfortable dress for yourself and hot just to please some ones presumption of what a girl should look like.
so take your look and run with it and lets see pics you go girl.:hugs:
Angie

suzi_cd
01-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the comments and the support.

Still trying to get the nerves up for photos.

I'd love to be able to do my normal hair rather than a wig so I'm triyng to work out a hair cut that can be guy when I'm at work and gurl the rest of the time (with some styling of course)

NYsong
01-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Ha, same here. I'm growing it out a little, but my hair is so thick and kindy 'poofy' that I don't know how it'll work out yet. This in-betweenness is annoying though. Not long enough to look good yet, but too long to wear a wig.

Good luck though, and just remember that a lot of women keep their hair short, and I think that it looks even more womanly than long hair sometimes.

denise-x
01-10-2008, 12:02 PM
The important thing is to dress as your most comfy. A lot of GG's dress like boys any way. As for hair style, short boy cuts are very chic.

Just be yourself

Love
Denise

MsJanGG
01-10-2008, 12:06 PM
found a look that you like! Whatever floats your boat!! Right?? :-)

Can't wait till you get up the nerve to post some pics!!

Jan

Marvina Martian
01-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Ha, same here. I'm growing it out a little, but my hair is so thick and kindy 'poofy' that I don't know how it'll work out yet. This in-betweenness is annoying though. Not long enough to look good yet, but too long to wear a wig.

Good luck though, and just remember that a lot of women keep their hair short, and I think that it looks even more womanly than long hair sometimes.

Me too! I get the "Kramer" look going on when my hair gets over a couple of inches! LOL
Hopefully that will go away once I get it long enough for it to go down instead of standing straight up!:heehee:

suzi_cd
01-10-2008, 02:54 PM
found a look that you like! Whatever floats your boat!! Right?? :-)

Jan

Thats the idea.

Now got to find a good hair style that works in guy and gurl mode for thinning hair :(

Lisa Rose
01-10-2008, 07:11 PM
I think you're a victom of the Industrial Age. "More Masculine than Feminine"

INATBHIMO. "I'm not About To Be Humble In My Opinion."

Kari Lynn Franks
01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
sounds too me like your friend is just as judgemental as those out there that wont except us for being different we are all unique thier is no mold that we fit in we are all different so tell your cd friend to bug off.hope i didnt offend anyone just my :2c::2c:

kerrianna
01-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Hey, whatever floats your boat, as they say. Oh, yeah, Jan already said that lol. It's true!

There is no 'side'.

Besides, breaking down gender stereotypes serves all of us in the end.

But don't do it for us. Do it for yourself. :happy:

trannie T
01-10-2008, 11:19 PM
To hell with the Fashion Police!
Dress how you want to dress.

androgyne
01-10-2008, 11:36 PM
I've realised that the ultra femme look just doesn't work for me and I've been drifting to a more andrognyne look - cargo pants, tanks, with panties and bra (and forms) and a more boyish look.

I find it much more realistic and with good beard cover and some basic make up I look a lot more convincing than I would ina dress. I might even go out to a local venue dressed like this soon. I'm also dressing that way all the time I'm at home now.

One CD I know basically implied I was letting the side down by not being really femme, but I think I'm actually being sensible.

The big thing is how far do I go... I dont think I'll ever transition but having a more feminine body is certainly something I'm looking into.

I'm androgyne, meaning I neither identify thouroughly with either sex, but am somewhere in between them. My dressing style however is what I'd describe as*androgynous*, since I often mix and match clothes from both sexes. I also use hormones, but have no intention of having surgery, since it would be like losing one part of myself :eek: My androgyne disposition seems to also attract both men and women, which opens up many more possibilities from a relationship standpoint.

So, imo, I think you *are* being sensible. :)

Karen Francis
01-11-2008, 12:50 AM
one of the items that gets us read in a NY second is the fact that cd'ers often dress according to their internal fantasy instead of the environment they are going to be in. Day to day the greatest majority of gg's dress in very practical clothing and shoes. If you do the same, you will blend in better, although the rush of wearing really feminine clothing, i.e. skirts, pantyhose, heels etc. is diminished. Suggestion: seek out a local TG organization and attend their meetings with more feminine style to satisfy that desire.

raleighbelle
01-11-2008, 01:30 AM
I think Karen was right on target. I think you should dress to be you, not someone else's idea. When you are out, if you want to be a girl, you should dress like one, not our fantasy image of one.

gwenrob43
01-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Every time I've been out in the last two years (not that often, mind you), I've gone out in slacks or jeans, low heels, stockings/pantyhose, bra w/forms, etc. Dress the way you think you'll fit in. Most women don't dress in a dress to go out in the afternoon, they go in slacks or jeans. I've really observed this in a number of malls here in the Northwest. Now it might be different in NYC or other major city.
Hugs, Gwen

suzi_cd
01-11-2008, 06:03 AM
I think you're a victom of the Industrial Age. "More Masculine than Feminine"

INATBHIMO. "I'm not About To Be Humble In My Opinion."

But I don't feel like a victim.

I actually feel that dressing in a skirt and blouse makes me a victim - of a crossdressing stereo type.

So maybe cargo pants and tanks, and cropped Ts aren't overtly feminine but they make me feel good. So its a "soft butch" look which some people don't really like but I've always fancied girls who dress in this sort of style so....

I've got to work on my make up really but I'd love to go out dressed like this and meet other CDs who dress similarily.

Joanne f
01-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I think that you are right for dressing how you want to and in what makes you feel comfortable,
and i also enjoy the androgynous look as it means that i can wear female clothes most of the time and get away with it .

joanne

Pippilotta
01-11-2008, 09:56 AM
Rather few of us will be able to achieve the "total" feminine look, but very many of us will look quite good in the mixture of male and female, the androgynous look - that's, anyway, what I try to achieve. So I think you are on the right track.